MotM v Huddersfield

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Bravo
2%
Zabaleta
2%
Otamendi
No votes
Stones
No votes
Clichy
No votes
Garcia
4%
Fernandinho
2%
Sterling
38%
De Bruyne
4%
Sane
5%
Aguero
42%
Delph
No votes
Nacho
No votes
Navas
2%

Total votes : 55

Re: MotM v Huddersfield

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:54 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
KDB is giving the ball away a lot lately and that worries me at the other end. Is he knackered?

Hes playing a different role. Being developed into a replacement for yaya I think. No panic for me.

I thought he looked rusty tonight.
Misplaced passes. Over hitting them. Overrunning the ball. A bit complacent.

However I thought he wasn't on his own.
There was a few at it early on.
I put it down to the few days off in the sun, but the quality was still there in evidence.

I do think we are getting better overall, even allowing for the odd sloppiness.

It may be too late for this year but I do think this team will be awesome when Pep gets it honed.

Loved the pitch side interview with Buzzer at halftime. He said we're still in the two cups, but don't think thd PL is done and dusted yet.
Now that would really be something if we pulled it off this year.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby freshie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:39 pm

Went for Sterling in the end although it was a close call between him and Aguero. The improvement in Sterling's performances under Pep has been phenomenal and he is now adding a final product to his game. The freedom and confidence with which he is playing is wonderful and we are now seeing the player we signed from the dippers and Pep has to take a lot of credit for this. I think that the arrival of Sane who is showing immense ability and frightening potential seems to have brought Sterling's game onto another level and you can see that the 2 enjoy playing with each other and have developed a great understanding and from what I have seen in the training videos on the OS seem to get on well with each other.

Special mention to Aguero who has fully taken on Pep's demands of him. His workrate was incredible and allied to his immense natural ability have made a great player into an even better one. Loving our attacking play and it is the best I have seen at City - and tonight was without the maestro Silva. My only concern tonight, and possibly a churlish one was KDB who I think is going through a slight dip in form but I'm sure his class will show in the end. The future looks very bright and if we can sort the defence out then we won't be far off being one of the best sides in Europe never mind the Premier league. We are 11 points off Chelsea but don't rule us out of the title race yet. The key will be keeping our top players fit
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Just got back form the game and saw that Murphy gave MOTM to Billings, who had a good game, but fuck me - we win 5-1 and they give MOTM to an opposition player. Bitter BBC cunts - I hate the fact that I have to pay a license fee to these arseholes
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:43 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
KDB is giving the ball away a lot lately and that worries me at the other end. Is he knackered?

Hes playing a different role. Being developed into a replacement for yaya I think. No panic for me.

I thought he looked rusty tonight.
Misplaced passes. Over hitting them. Overrunning the ball. A bit complacent.

However I thought he wasn't on his own.
There was a few at it early on.
I put it down to the few days off in the sun, but the quality was still there in evidence.

I do think we are getting better overall, even allowing for the odd sloppiness.

It may be too late for this year but I do think this team will be awesome when Pep gets it honed.

Loved the pitch side interview with Buzzer at halftime. He said we're still in the two cups, but don't think thd PL is done and dusted yet.
Now that would really be something if we pulled it off this year.

Got to love Buzzer - always positive about us, which is probably the reason Sky only used him as a pundit once in the derby and never again. The agenda will never stop
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:15 am

Actually thought Sterling had a poorish game - caught flat footed on a few through balls and didn't seem to want to take the fullback on. Still created plenty, which shows how the expectations of him have raised

Gone for Aguero, who looked like the one we had about 3 seasons ago - quick, aggressive, tricky. Even when we weren't playing particularly well, he always looked up for it. Iheanacho appearing on the sidelines seemed to give him real impetuous to try and get his hattrick too. Maybe Saturday
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby freshie » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Actually thought Sterling had a poorish game - caught flat footed on a few through balls and didn't seem to want to take the fullback on. Still created plenty, which shows how the expectations of him have raised

Gone for Aguero, who looked like the one we had about 3 seasons ago - quick, aggressive, tricky. Even when we weren't playing particularly well, he always looked up for it. Iheanacho appearing on the sidelines seemed to give him real impetuous to try and get his hattrick too. Maybe Saturday

Judging from the poll results it seems as though you are in a minority. Thought he had a superb game and keeps improving with each game.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:21 am

Kun all day long.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:14 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Aguero for doing everything people have said he doesn't do and still scoring twice. Phenomenal player.

I'm glad somebody else has noticed it. I said it to my mate at the match and he told me I was talking Bollox.
Sergio for me, looked super sharp in everything he did. It's encouraging.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Nige » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:25 am

KDB for me, superb coverage in midfield which takes the edge of him creativity wise but excellent blocks & tackles to set us on our way.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:05 pm

Nige wrote:KDB for me, superb coverage in midfield which takes the edge of him creativity wise but excellent blocks & tackles to set us on our way.

Fascinating how different peoplesee a game. I would have had last night down as one of the poorest games Kev has played for us. Some good bits obviously as he is a class player but overall his passing just wasn't there on the night.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Nige wrote:KDB for me, superb coverage in midfield which takes the edge of him creativity wise but excellent blocks & tackles to set us on our way.

Fascinating how different peoplesee a game. I would have had last night down as one of the poorest games Kev has played for us. Some good bits obviously as he is a class player but overall his passing just wasn't there on the night.

Covering wise and tackling he was on it. But like you say Doug, I thought his passing, considering his usual high standard, was poor
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Sergio for me . The way he celebrated the pass for Zabbas Goal was fantastic meant as much to him as scoring himself
Oh and Fuck Off Real Madrid
carolina-blue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Went for Sterling for his impressive input, just shading it over Aguero who worked his socks off.

I thought Garcia was quietly efficient in his deep lying role; really like the lad.

I also thought Otamendi didn't do too badly overall, especially in the air against their big No.9.

After the first few minutes of Danny Murphy's gibberish, had to turn the sound off and watched the entire game in silence.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
I thought Garcia was quietly efficient in his deep lying role; really like the lad.

his haircut has been transformational :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:33 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Your perception is laser sharp JC; I really like your insight into such matters. :D :D

Still, if it means Garcia can now see what he's doing, I'm all for it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:21 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

could say the say for raheem. his game has gone up a couple of notches since he adopted a more normal haircut.
on the same subject, i am convinced that if andy carrol had a short back and side, and shaved daily he'd score 40 goals a season.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum