The bones of a good team,but....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The bones of a good team,but....

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:09 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Doesn't Mase know someone, who knows someone else who is a friend of Joe Hart and didn't he say something along the lines that Joe wouldn't come back to City whilst Pep was there......or have I imagined that ??

No you haven't, I vaguely remember that, which I think proves to point that it's not the ball at his feet bollox, but a falling out.
And that's really the point, they've both had all season to think about it, and both may now be prepared to find some common ground..

It is one of his mates. He just said that he thought he got treated like shit by Pep and it wasn't right after being at the club for so long.
I don't think he mentioned that Hart wouldn't come back as long as Pep is there though. My memory is shite these days though.

Thanks for clarifying Mase; apologies if I got it wrong about Hart not coming back whilst Pep remained, but I was wracking my brains trying to remember what you told us all.

I think the thread where you mentioned it, might possibly have been just a few weeks after Joe had gone to Torino, so it could have been early in this season, but then again it might not !! :? :? :?

No worries mate. The last I spoke to him was before Christmas where he mentioned Liverpool had already sounded City out about Hart for the summer and he said Hart would go.

Things change though, people change their minds, I'm sure if Pep got him in at the end of the season and spoke to him and said 'look, I made a mistake' I couldn't see why Hart wouldn't stick with us. Plus we're the selling club. It's up to us where he goes, if he does go.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Torino won 3-1 at the weekend. Not watched any games so I don't know if they are direct or not, here are Joe's stats from the weekend.

2 saves
0 punches
5 throws
21 passes
18 accurate
10 long balls
7 accurate long balls
86% pass success rate
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:39 pm

I'd love to know now, where we'll be in 3 years time......
If only I had 2020 vision!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:13 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I'd love to know now, where we'll be in 3 years time......

Do you think going to Specsavers would help ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I'd love to know now, where we'll be in 3 years time......

nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:26 pm

That's now Six consecutive away clean sheets. Can't ask for more than that to be honest
nottsblue

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:04 pm

nottsblue wrote:That's now Six consecutive away clean sheets. Can't ask for more than that to be honest

A 1-0 win at home to Stoke, maybe?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:09 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:That's now Six consecutive away clean sheets. Can't ask for more than that to be honest

I was deferring to the supposed "poor defence" that all the pundits seem to hit us with. But I take your point about Stoke.
nottsblue

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I was deferring to the supposed "poor defence" that all the pundits seem to hit us with. But I take your point about Stoke.

I know you were NB.
I was answering a rhetorical question that doesn't actually exist in your post on closer examination.

Just being a smart arse is another way of putting it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:27 am

Best away record in the league this season so far.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:31 am

Mase wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Doesn't Mase know someone, who knows someone else who is a friend of Joe Hart and didn't he say something along the lines that Joe wouldn't come back to City whilst Pep was there......or have I imagined that ??

No you haven't, I vaguely remember that, which I think proves to point that it's not the ball at his feet bollox, but a falling out.
And that's really the point, they've both had all season to think about it, and both may now be prepared to find some common ground..

It is one of his mates. He just said that he thought he got treated like shit by Pep and it wasn't right after being at the club for so long.
I don't think he mentioned that Hart wouldn't come back as long as Pep is there though. My memory is shite these days though.

Thanks for clarifying Mase; apologies if I got it wrong about Hart not coming back whilst Pep remained, but I was wracking my brains trying to remember what you told us all.

I think the thread where you mentioned it, might possibly have been just a few weeks after Joe had gone to Torino, so it could have been early in this season, but then again it might not !! :? :? :?

No worries mate. The last I spoke to him was before Christmas where he mentioned Liverpool had already sounded City out about Hart for the summer and he said Hart would go.

Things change though, people change their minds, I'm sure if Pep got him in at the end of the season and spoke to him and said 'look, I made a mistake' I couldn't see why Hart wouldn't stick with us. Plus we're the selling club. It's up to us where he goes, if he does go.

Could you ask him if the rumours about hanging around with Tyson Fury and abusing cocaine have any truth to them?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:11 am

I think pep was impressed with Roberts when we played the Jock's so he may replace headless chicken in the wing. Kompany is all but finished IMO, so a lb/rb and centre half along with a new keeper hart won't be back so get used to it.
A good holding midfielder as backup to fern1, fern2 not good enough for me
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Roberts to come back, hes playing in a pub league so we need to know he can do it at the top here. we need to get a couple of young full backs and a center half asap as all ours apart from stones are old and injured most of the time, our midfield is ok and attack is ok for now but another forward wouldn't go a miss
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Roberts has just come on for Celtic. Can he not even get in their starting line up?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:36 pm

Mase wrote:Roberts has just come on for Celtic. Can he not even get in their starting line up?!

Hasn't been a regular starter for some time. Not sure how much benefit he is getting there as opposed to say, Aberdeen or Rangers where he'd probably start every game. Think he started the season well but got injured and he's struggled to force his way back in since
nottsblue

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:21 pm

In truth I don't we will ever see a solid back line and traditional keeper while pep is at the head. His style of play will always leave us prone to the counter attack, but I'm sure once he's built the team he wants and they are able to play with confidence and belief we won't be anywhere as nervous as we currently are. Teams will have to attack as they learn no matter how much the build their defence we will have to much creative flair and ability for them to keep us out for 90 minutes, that in turn will give us more space to open them up. Goals at both ends of the pitch will become the norm and we as fans won't feel quit the same way as we do now.
I could be wrong but that's the feeling I get from every interview pep gives and the things he highlights
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum