The bones of a good team,but....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The bones of a good team,but....

Postby bigblue » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:20 pm

aristation wrote:I have this feeling at the back of my mind, that despite all the noises to the contrary, Hart will be back.

Can you get it from the back of your mind and into the front of Pep's mind please

How's this for a stat:

Bravo has conceded a goal from the first shot on target, he has faced in 25 league games, on 13 occasions. That works out at Bravo failing to save the first shot he's faced 52% of the time!

As long as that's the case we're going to struggle to win much of anything
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby patrickblue » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:22 pm

bigblue wrote:
aristation wrote:I have this feeling at the back of my mind, that despite all the noises to the contrary, Hart will be back.

Can you get it from the back of your mind and into the front of Pep's mind please

How's this for a stat:

Bravo has conceded a goal from the first shot on target, he has faced in 25 league games, on 13 occasions. That works out at Bravo failing to save the first shot he's faced 52% of the time!

I really do think Pep realises he's made a huge blunder over the whole Hart/Bravo thing, and is now just trying to retain his own credibility over it. I My feeling is he wants Hart back, but doesn't want to be seen to climb down. Will a way be found?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:26 pm

patrickblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:

How's this for a stat:

I really do think Pep realises he's made a huge blunder over the whole Hart/Bravo thing, and is now just trying to retain his own credibility over it. I My feeling is he wants Hart back, but doesn't want to be seen to climb down. Will a way be found?

Let's say that is the case Patrick ( I don't believe for a second that it is ), do you think Hart would want to come back?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Just cos Bravo is shit, doesn't mean Hart is the answer
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Just cos Bravo is shit, doesn't mean Hart is the answer

He's just not comfortable enough with the ball at his feet to do what Pep wants. We'll go back into the market for another keeper this summer as I suspect has been the plan all along with Willy's contract due to expire, difference now however is is that keeper coming in to challenge Bravo or Willy?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:40 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:

How's this for a stat:

Let's say that is the case Patrick ( I don't believe for a second that it is ), do you think Hart would want to come back?

That's the point, I don't think Hart wants to leave City, but I think he's also just as stubborn as Pep, so as I said, as I believe Pep realises what a bollock he's dropped, he'll talk to Hart behind closed doors, and if they come to some sort of understanding, we'll all be told that they've kissed and made up.
It's all about saving face now.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:46 pm

He's just not comfortable enough with the ball at his feet to do what Pep wants. We'll go back into the market for another keeper this summer as I suspect has been the plan all along with Willy's contract due to expire, difference now however is is that keeper coming in to challenge Bravo or Willy?

Not saying he's the answer, Fidel, but despite all his faults, he's ten times better than Bravo at pure goalkeeping..
And I don't believe the assumption that he's not good enough with the ball at his feet, that's just the media talking bollox. I believe it's much more to do with Hart's attitude.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:48 pm

patrickblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:

How's this for a stat:

That's the point, I don't think Hart wants to leave City, but I think he's also just as stubborn as Pep, so as I said, as I believe Pep realises what a bollock he's dropped, he'll talk to Hart behind closed doors, and if they come to some sort of understanding, we'll all be told that they've kissed and made up.
It's all about saving face now.

Doesn't Mase know someone, who knows someone else who is a friend of Joe Hart and didn't he say something along the lines that Joe wouldn't come back to City whilst Pep was there......or have I imagined that ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:15 pm

patrickblue wrote:

Not saying he's the answer, Fidel, but despite all his faults, he's ten times better than Bravo at pure goalkeeping..
And I don't believe the assumption that he's not good enough with the ball at his feet, that's just the media talking bollox. I believe it's much more to do with Hart's attitude.

Based on what we've seen of Bravo in a City shirt there's no arguing with that however if you'd asked last summer who the better keeper I'd wager most neutrals would've plumped for Bravo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:18 pm

patrickblue wrote:

I agree.

Happy birthday by the way
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:27 pm

nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I agree.

Happy birthday by the way

Thanks, NB, I try to ignore them nowadays, hoping I just won't get any older.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:38 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Doesn't Mase know someone, who knows someone else who is a friend of Joe Hart and didn't he say something along the lines that Joe wouldn't come back to City whilst Pep was there......or have I imagined that ??

No you haven't, I vaguely remember that, which I think proves the point that it's not the ball at his feet bollox, but a falling out.
And that's really the point, they've both had all season to think about it, and both may now be prepared to find some common ground..
Last edited by patrickblue on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:58 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Doesn't Mase know someone, who knows someone else who is a friend of Joe Hart and didn't he say something along the lines that Joe wouldn't come back to City whilst Pep was there......or have I imagined that ??

No you haven't, I vaguely remember that, which I think proves to point that it's not the ball at his feet bollox, but a falling out.
And that's really the point, they've both had all season to think about it, and both may now be prepared to find some common ground..

It is one of his mates. He just said that he thought he got treated like shit by Pep and it wasn't right after being at the club for so long.
I don't think he mentioned that Hart wouldn't come back as long as Pep is there though. My memory is shite these days though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

No you haven't, I vaguely remember that, which I think proves to point that it's not the ball at his feet bollox, but a falling out.

It is one of his mates. He just said that he thought he got treated like shit by Pep and it wasn't right after being at the club for so long.
I don't think he mentioned that Hart wouldn't come back as long as Pep is there though. My memory is shite these days though.

Thanks for clarifying Mase; apologies if I got it wrong about Hart not coming back whilst Pep remained, but I was wracking my brains trying to remember what you told us all.

I think the thread where you mentioned it, might possibly have been just a few weeks after Joe had gone to Torino, so it could have been early in this season, but then again it might not !! :? :? :?
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:16 pm

Joe is better than what we have. He is free and tried and tested as one of the best in England. He also has s big mouth in a leadership way which is good.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:18 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Joe is better than what we have. He is free and tried and tested as one of the best in England. He also has s big mouth in a leadership way which is good.

And he is home-grown.

Not sure he is the best option though. How about Gunn? When is the guy going to even get a game? 6th round at Boro instead of the useless midget?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Justified logic wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Joe is better than what we have. He is free and tried and tested as one of the best in England. He also has s big mouth in a leadership way which is good.

And he is home-grown.

Not sure he is the best option though. How about Gunn? When is the guy going to even get a game? 6th round at Boro instead of the useless midget?

Because of their respective performances this season, Caballero should be/deserves to be currently regarded as our No.1 'keeper, rather than Bravo.

If, in spite of our progress in the FA Cup so far, Pep still prefers to play a different 'keeper in such games, then I agree with you JL that Gunn should be/ought to be given a chance.

He couldn't be any worse than Bravo and it would be of benefit in his future development. If he shaped up, he could at some point in time be our No.1 for years to come, saving us a boat load of money in the process.

If they're good enough, they're old enough.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:29 pm

Casillas became a regular for Real at around 19 or so (...IIRC)
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:50 am

There is no chance pep thinks he made w mistake with Hart. I dont think he did either and there ise no chance he is coming back and im happy with that.

Peps mistake was trusting bravo, on paper it was a great signing but what pep couldnt legislate for was bravo losing his head and balls. His heads completly gone he needed a good start and didnt get it. Most his fault but some blame has to go to the defenders aswell. Bravo is too old to change and make a comeback its best for all concerned if we sign a new first choice in the summer and re sign willy as second choice. Who that new first choice will be i dont know but it wont be hart thats for sure. More chance of pep persisting with bravo than going back for Hart.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:10 am

Dubciteh wrote:There is no chance pep thinks he made w mistake with Hart. I dont think he did either and there ise no chance he is coming back and im happy with that.

Peps mistake was trusting bravo, on paper it was a great signing but what pep couldnt legislate for was bravo losing his head and balls. His heads completly gone he needed a good start and didnt get it. Most his fault but some blame has to go to the defenders aswell. Bravo is too old to change and make a comeback its best for all concerned if we sign a new first choice in the summer and re sign willy as second choice. Who that new first choice will be i dont know but it wont be hart thats for sure. More chance of pep persisting with bravo than going back for Hart.

A big, big mistake was getting Bravo a taxi from the airport straight to Old Toilet. Oh, and not teaching Stones Spanish. Oh, and not buying a job lot of hearing aids for the defenders.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum