fernando torres

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

fernando torres

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:48 pm

nasty....

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Deportivo

thankfully it looks like he's ok
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: fernando torres

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:51 am

I've played and watched football for a LONG time and still don't understand what happened there. Seemed like pretty ordinary clashing of heads yet all the players react immediately and seem to be in state of shock. I've seen million of these head clashes and suffered many many myself yet I can't recall ever seeing anyone even showing symptoms of concussion never mind suffering brain damage even if it always hurts like hell.

Oh, and why is that dickhead of a manager screaming at Deportivo bench. Clearly an accident and the defender is first one to stop playing and asking for help? It's not like he is giving Torres roy k***e treatment.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:48 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I've played and watched football for a LONG time and still don't understand what happened there. Seemed like pretty ordinary clashing of heads yet all the players react immediately and seem to be in state of shock. I've seen million of these head clashes and suffered many many myself yet I can't recall ever seeing anyone even showing symptoms of concussion never mind suffering brain damage even if it always hurts like hell.

Oh, and why is that dickhead of a manager screaming at Deportivo bench. Clearly an accident and the defender is first one to stop playing and asking for help? It's not like he is giving Torres roy k***e treatment.

Agreed. He did fall a bit funny, headplanting the turf but didn't seem that bad on first glance. Maybe in the flesh the players noticed it was more serious? Simeone is a dick, was just a collision and no malicious intent whatsoever. He sure did worse things in his own playing career, the dirty cunt.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Scatman » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:42 am

I think the answer is in the reaction of the Atletico defender who got to him first. He started out by claiming a foul. He was looking at Torres and it took half a second for him to realise he was unconscious. Him and the Deportivo player stood close by. Everybody else reacted accordingly. Usually when you go down you have some kind of facial expression to say "what the fuck" or "I'm hurt". Torres clearly had a facial expression that said "I'm dead".
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dameerto » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:08 am

In the article Simeone says they could hear the collision from the bench - that's probably what got their attention, then the players were making sure he didnt swallow his tongue.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:39 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I've played and watched football for a LONG time and still don't understand what happened there. Seemed like pretty ordinary clashing of heads yet all the players react immediately and seem to be in state of shock. I've seen million of these head clashes and suffered many many myself yet I can't recall ever seeing anyone even showing symptoms of concussion never mind suffering brain damage even if it always hurts like hell.

Agreed. He did fall a bit funny, headplanting the turf but didn't seem that bad on first glance. Maybe in the flesh the players noticed it was more serious? Simeone is a dick, was just a collision and no malicious intent whatsoever. He sure did worse things in his own playing career, the dirty cunt.

In all fairness FC, Simeone also knows what it's like to be on the receiving end of a nightmare tackle that could be career ending.

Do you remember the World Cup game in 1998 when he was viciously hacked down by David Beckscum, causing the English player to be immediately sent off ??

On that basis, you've got to cut him some slack...........and you've also got to remember that when Mourinho gets sacked by the Scum, he could be the next manager at the Swamp........... ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:43 am

Dameerto wrote:In the article Simeone says they could hear the collision from the bench - that's probably what got their attention, then the players were making sure he didnt swallow his tongue.

Empty vessels do make the most noise.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:46 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Dameerto wrote:In the article Simeone says they could hear the collision from the bench - that's probably what got their attention, then the players were making sure he didnt swallow his tongue.

:) :) :) :) :) :)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby ruralblue » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I didn't understand the trying to get in his mouth to ensure he hadnt swallowed his tongue as it's a physical impossibility to do so unless you cut the bit that holds it to the bottom of the mouth. It can go back and cause obstruction when having a seizure and if anything you just pop the person on their side.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:42 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I didn't understand the trying to get in his mouth to ensure he hadnt swallowed his tongue as it's a physical impossibility to do so unless you cut the bit that holds it to the bottom of the mouth. It can go back and cause obstruction when having a seizure and if anything you just pop the person on their side.

Me neither, recovery position would have been enough but when it's someone you know and you start to panic I suppose they just wanted to do something rather than nothing.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ruralblue » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Dameerto wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Me neither, recovery position would have been enough but when it's someone you know and you start to panic I suppose they just wanted to do something rather than nothing.

Very true Dameerto!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Dameerto wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

If it was Suarez you wouldn't find any volunteers sticking fingers in his mouth.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum