Retrospective bans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Retrospective bans

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:10 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Breaking news

Scum been charged for failing to control players.

Has Rojo been charged for failing to control his foot?

No the fa have decided no action to be taken as the ref did see it.

At the risk of sounding massively naive, I can't believe that outcome. Despite all that has gone before I'm staggered a stamp has gone unpunished

I know what you mean. I shouldn't be surprised at the decision based on the gross incompetence/corruption of the referees, yet I still am. Maybe that is the part of me that hopes justice will prevail even though that part of me is getting smaller every season
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:11 pm

The rags being out of the sky top four damages the premier league brand.

Think of every serious incident the ref/ FA missed for the rags this season. It's truly amazing.

Yet zlatan gets one ban - when he should have walked three times and didn't walk once - and the rag media (and phips goodman) will have us think at best "it evens itself out", at worst they are "hard done by".

The whole thing stinks of shit
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Original Dub wrote:The rags being out of the sky top four damages the premier league brand.

Think of every serious incident the ref/ FA missed for the rags this season. It's truly amazing.

Yet zlatan gets one ban - when he should have walked three times and didn't walk once - and the rag media (and phips goodman) will have us think at best "it evens itself out", at worst they are "hard done by".

The whole thing stinks of shit

You're absolutely right OD; this entire scenario is so depressing.

The PIGMOB 'arrangement' needs to be scrapped at once and brought back under the auspices of a body to replace the discredited FA, a body which has already been described as being "not fit for purpose" and which is, potentially, awaiting demolition by Parliament (when are they going to get on with this job ??).

Above all else, football now needs total transparency and honesty in the way it is to be governed because the present, rancid set up is ultimately going to kill the game for the ordinary fan.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:28 pm

branny wrote:Oliver shouldn't be given the big games. He'll make one big decision then shit himself for the rest of the game like last night. We had the same problem when he sent Smalling off in the Derby then decided we weren't getting a penalty as well at all costs (we had 3 decent shouts, especially the last one when Carrick tripped Aguero).

He should be made to explain why he didn't issue a red card to Rojo for the stamp. After Mings getoa five match ban how can he deem Rojo's action not even worthy of a yellow. As for Valencia. Off the ground? Two footed? Out of control? The answer to all three is yes and we've had players sent off for less so had Oliver had the bottle and done his job they should have been down to eight.

Aren't you referring to Clattenburg in the Derby?

However, have no doubt that Oliver was given his orders to keep as many on the field as possible by turning a blind eye. What he couldn't do with the Herera red was look a complete idiot by not giving him the second yellow after telling the Rag captain that the next time they tried to continually foul Hazard, they would get a yellow. By not doing so would raise even more suspicion.

His mantra after that was to just sit back and ignore it, just like the rest have when watching Beaker, Rojo, Pogba, Valencia, Young etc all commit numerous red card offences without sanction. Just imagine if all those sanctions were given, and all those offside goals not, where the fuck would they really be in the league, or cups for that matter?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:30 pm

I can understand how decisions made by referees during the game can be wrong. The game is so fast and the referee can't have eyes in all directions. This does not excuse rank bad decisions like not to punish the Valencia challenge when the camera shows the ref clearly looking at the incident. That is either rank incompetence or corruption and is a separate issue. One which needs addressing by the FA as it goes, but sadly won't be.

But for the FA not to retrospectively punish offenders when video replays clearly show a wrong doing is nothing short of scandalous. Italian football still hasn't really recovered from the bribery scandal a few years ago and we are in real danger of following a similar path if the game isn't cleaned up and becomes much more transparent.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:36 pm

nottsblue wrote:I can understand how decisions made by referees during the game can be wrong. The game is so fast and the referee can't have eyes in all directions. This does not excuse rank bad decisions like not to punish the Valencia challenge when the camera shows the ref clearly looking at the incident. That is either rank incompetence or corruption and is a separate issue. One which needs addressing by the FA as it goes, but sadly won't be.

But for the FA not to retrospectively punish offenders when video replays clearly show a wrong doing is nothing short of scandalous. Italian football still hasn't really recovered from the bribery scandal a few years ago and we are in real danger of following a similar path if the game isn't cleaned up and becomes much more transparent.

Sounds like we're in a very similar situation mate but with a hell of a lot more money at stake. Head of the ref's giving preferential treatment to certain clubs, being manipulated by various authorities, surely this couldn't be the way to do it; surely we're not seeing a very similar sort of thing here?

PS. That was ritorical ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:I can understand how decisions made by referees during the game can be wrong. The game is so fast and the referee can't have eyes in all directions. This does not excuse rank bad decisions like not to punish the Valencia challenge when the camera shows the ref clearly looking at the incident. That is either rank incompetence or corruption and is a separate issue. One which needs addressing by the FA as it goes, but sadly won't be.

Exactly. It sends out the message that referees are infallible, a certain facilitator for corruption
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:26 pm

The United way: I wonder what Bobby makes of it all?

A team of thugs with an absolutely appalling manager.

1. Target and kick the play maker of the park. Fair play to Hazard he refused to be intimidated - that surprised me.
2. Rojo as dirty a player as you will see. Should have walked at least 3 times this season.
Only a matter of time before he seriously injures somebody.
3. Valencia should have walked last night. Plays like that every game.
4. The rest, Twatan, Pogba, Fellini, Rooney, etc... filthy, filthy, players, every last one of them

If we played like they played last night we would have finished with 8 and had a constant loop on Sky saying what a disgrace we were.

We know what to expect in the Derby and that is worrying.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby branny » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
branny wrote:Oliver shouldn't be given the big games. He'll make one big decision then shit himself for the rest of the game like last night. We had the same problem when he sent Smalling off in the Derby then decided we weren't getting a penalty as well at all costs (we had 3 decent shouts, especially the last one when Carrick tripped Aguero).

He should be made to explain why he didn't issue a red card to Rojo for the stamp. After Mings getoa five match ban how can he deem Rojo's action not even worthy of a yellow. As for Valencia. Off the ground? Two footed? Out of control? The answer to all three is yes and we've had players sent off for less so had Oliver had the bottle and done his job they should have been down to eight.

However, have no doubt that Oliver was given his orders to keep as many on the field as possible by turning a blind eye. What he couldn't do with the Herera red was look a complete idiot by not giving him the second yellow after telling the Rag captain that the next time they tried to continually foul Hazard, they would get a yellow. By not doing so would raise even more suspicion.

His mantra after that was to just sit back and ignore it, just like the rest have when watching Beaker, Rojo, Pogba, Valencia, Young etc all commit numerous red card offences without sanction. Just imagine if all those sanctions were given, and all those offside goals not, where the fuck would they really be in the league, or cups for that matter?

No, it was definitely Oliver. Sent Smalling off for 2 quick yellows just before half time. Aguero scored the only goal.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:48 pm

branny wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

No, it was definitely Oliver. Sent Smalling off for 2 quick yellows just before half time. Aguero scored the only goal.

Yeah, sorry mate, was reminiscing back to the Sick Swan ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:15 pm

Don't know why anyone's surprised, it's the FA's flagship team, and they've always given them a helping hand.
Thing is though, the rags were always good enough for it not to be that obvious, this shower though are so shite, the officials are finding it really difficult to appear neutral while giving a helping hand.
They must really be up shit creek if they don't get top four this season, hence this desperation, abandoning any sort of pretense by those running the game.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:30 pm

patrickblue wrote:Don't know why anyone's surprised, it's the FA's flagship team, and they've always given them a helping hand.
Thing is though, the rags were always good enough for it not to be that obvious, this shower though are so shite, the officials are finding it really difficult to appear neutral while giving a helping hand.
They must really be up shit creek if they don't get top four this season, hence this desperation, abandoning any sort of pretense by those running the game.

It does give that impression this season.
It's like they don't care what it takes or who notices. I think they are banking on it only taking one season to get them back on track, but one season out of the CL, not being an option for them.

I just hope against all hope that they fail this year just to see what happens them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:32 pm

Just to clarify. I'm talking primarily about The Rags themselves but also the whole cabal around them. The FA and PL and Media that gain out of them being there.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Tyrone Mings tweeted after the FA's decision not to punish Rojo.

It simply said LOL.

Says it all
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:15 pm

patrickblue wrote:Don't know why anyone's surprised, it's the FA's flagship team, and they've always given them a helping hand.

Good post.

The scenario is no different than the introduction of ffp. Blatant corruption to safe guard the elite.

They didn't care that it would eventually be done away with, once it bought them a few years. Which it did. It affected some of the targets we missed out on and couple that with the "officiating" since its introduction and it directly affects league titles.
Original Dub

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:Tyrone Mings tweeted after the FA's decision not to punish Rojo.

It simply said LOL.

Says it all

good on you, mings. but next time try to follow through on your stamp.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:49 pm

nottsblue wrote:Tyrone Mings tweeted after the FA's decision not to punish Rojo.

It simply said LOL.

Says it all

I feel his frustration.

Don't believe the media have let them off with this one. Imagine that any of these offenses happened against their darlings...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 pm

It simply said LOL.

Says it all

No doubt the FA will take exception to that and ratchet up some further spurious action to be taken against him (a heft fine for starters ??). On the other hand, he doesn't play for City, so he might just get away with it.

However, the more comments made,which denigrate the FA in some way, are a good thing and only help hasten the day that that stinking antediluvian body are finally shown the door.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Dimples wrote:The United way: I wonder what Bobby makes of it all?

A team of thugs with an absolutely appalling manager.

1. Target and kick the play maker of the park. Fair play to Hazard he refused to be intimidated - that surprised me.
2. Rojo as dirty a player as you will see. Should have walked at least 3 times this season.
Only a matter of time before he seriously injures somebody.
3. Valencia should have walked last night. Plays like that every game.
4. The rest, Twatan, Pogba, Fellini, Rooney, etc... filthy, filthy, players, every last one of them

If we played like they played last night we would have finished with 8 and had a constant loop on Sky saying what a disgrace we were.

We know what to expect in the Derby and that is worrying.

It's a sad state to be in when 'Felony' was one of your cleaner players and also your most creative!!!!!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum