*** Sunderland v City ****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Sunderland v City ****

Postby PrezIke » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:46 am

Beefymcfc wrote:New contract for Yaya please.

Seems Pep's waiting until the season is over so Yaya, and other similar out of contract players will have to work for it all season.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby aaron bond » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:36 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Am I watching the same game that MotD are reporting. I remember City having all the early play but they've showed just the Sunderland chances. 4 chances to 1.

I thought that as well....
And the commentator nearly creaming every time Sunderland get a chance and monotone when we score.
I never really bought into the alleged media bias, but this season it's so bloody obvious it's really beginning to bother me, every City story has a negative slant, sure we get plenty of praise from the pundits....what else can they do but praise us when we win....but they take every opportunity have a go at our defence...blissfully unaware that it's 5 consecutive clean sheets away from home for the first time in God knows how long.
I think if WHU get anything from tomorrow's game, I think we will win the league ! Chelsea will shit a brick !!

We had a lot of the early play but didn't really create much. Sunderland created quite a few good chances in the first half, despite not having much of the ball, so it's not surprising that the highlights focused on showing their shots as showing highlights of a team passing the ball around with little end product is not very interesting.

We stepped up in the second half and took control. We dominated possession and created lots of chances.

To the point that they didn't bother with the Silva offside goal, or the numerous chances we created? You do realise we had about 7 chances in that half.

What was the comment from RatBoy2, 'Sunderland were the better side, at least for the first 40 minutes'?

Sunderland weren't the better side for 40 minutes but they created some clear chances from the limited possession they had. We, on the other hand, looked lethargic and off the pace by our own standards (as everyone here was saying at the time). We scored a good goal and almost again when Sane over hit his pass to Silva. If your 7 chances includes things like Fernandinho's soft shot from 30 yards then we're really clutching at straws.

But the second half performance was excellent and we clearly stepped up a gear. We were in complete control and won comfortably. It was almost like a training match towards the end.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby aaron bond » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:37 am

PrezIke wrote:

Seems Pep's waiting until the season is over so Yaya, and other similar out of contract players will have to work for it all season.

His good performances are continuing. If we could sign him on reduced wages then I'd keep him for another year but not on his current salary.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:31 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Am I watching the same game that MotD are reporting. I remember City having all the early play but they've showed just the Sunderland chances. 4 chances to 1.

And the commentator nearly creaming every time Sunderland get a chance and monotone when we score.
I never really bought into the alleged media bias, but this season it's so bloody obvious it's really beginning to bother me, every City story has a negative slant, sure we get plenty of praise from the pundits....what else can they do but praise us when we win....but they take every opportunity have a go at our defence...blissfully unaware that it's 5 consecutive clean sheets away from home for the first time in God knows how long.
I think if WHU get anything from tomorrow's game, I think we will win the league ! Chelsea will shit a brick !!

We had a lot of the early play but didn't really create much. Sunderland created quite a few good chances in the first half, despite not having much of the ball, so it's not surprising that the highlights focused on showing their shots as showing highlights of a team passing the ball around with little end product is not very interesting.

We stepped up in the second half and took control. We dominated possession and created lots of chances.

To the point that they didn't bother with the Silva offside goal, or the numerous chances we created? You do realise we had about 7 chances in that half.

What was the comment from RatBoy2, 'Sunderland were the better side, at least for the first 40 minutes'?

He probably believes that, he's as thick as pigshit that has come from a particular thick pig.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:40 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:

He probably believes that, he's as thick as pigshit that has come from a particular thick pig.

What annoys me is they get paid enormous amounts of money to talk absolute shit.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:43 am

ratboy2 and jenas both fill slots in the bbc diversity quota. pair of useless cunts. as is chapman.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:09 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:ratboy2 and jenas both fill slots in the bbc diversity quota. pair of useless cunts. as is chapman.

ratboy 2 presumably covering the quota for ferret-faced fuckers
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby city72 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:22 am

If yaya hadn't won that slide tackle for the first goal we could have easily been 1 down, well played yaya need to keep him.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:54 am

city72 wrote:If yaya hadn't won that slide tackle for the first goal we could have easily been 1 down, well played yaya need to keep him.

He looks like he really understands his responsibilities in that role. Last season he'd never have made that effort.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:23 pm

BookJunior wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
BookJunior wrote:I'm sick of Pat Nevin on the radio and refuse to buy Sky on principle.

This anti-City illness is gradually infecting all of the media companies.

Just watch the radio with the sound off. Simple.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The correct solution.

Turned off and switched to Johnny Crossan's channel.

A goodly choice.

I like your style chum :D
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:ratboy2 and jenas both fill slots in the bbc diversity quota. pair of useless cunts. as is chapman.

Watched MOTD2 last night and RatBoy2's technical 'analysis' was thoroughly embarrassing, especially with regard to Everton's exciting 'attacking' ploy involving Lukaku.

After all the spouting what it boils down to is that Everton get the ball in the old inside right position and flight a diagonal ball forward and to the left where Lukaku runs in from the inside left slot to try and head it.

In all the examples used, defenders just headed the ball away so, apart from Everton being one dimensional, it would appear RatBoy2 knows as much about tactics as the man in the moon........and my licence fee is helping pay for this moron's salary.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:16 pm

aaron bond wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

His good performances are continuing. If we could sign him on reduced wages then I'd keep him for another year but not on his current salary.

I'd keep him for another season as well, but think the wages will still be quite large.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:32 pm

PrezIke wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

I'd keep him for another season as well, but think the wages will still be quite large.

He should be on a pay as you play deal....the wages he is on is astronomical.

Cannot be sentimental about this.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Dont think yaya will be here next season. Surely we wont offer anything like what him and his goon of an agent will want.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby BookJunior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Completely agree. Ratboy2 is particularly irritating :lol:
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:50 pm

Interesting to see Pep was not happy we took the foot off the gas at 2-0. Even though we have fixtures coming thick and fast he wanted us to maintain the commitment and pressing and to keep going forward in search of a third or even fourth goal.

I sometimes think there is a time and place to see out games at 2-0. Chasing a third could lead to gaps which could be exploited. Chelsea and the rags when they won titles were prime exponents of "seeing a game out" when they were 2-0 up. I reckon in 14/15 years of titles between the two you could count on one hand they let a two goal lead slip.

That said, there's something refreshing and certainly exciting about the relentless pursuit of excellence and more goals that Pep craves. Battering teams into submission sends a very positive message out to the rest of the PL we mean business and as such they may change tactics and become more defensive when they play us. How often were teams beat before they even got off the bus at the rags or Chelsea? I want the rest of the league to worry about playing us and Peps philosophy of going for 90 minutes will help that
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:Interesting to see Pep was not happy we took the foot off the gas at 2-0. Even though we have fixtures coming thick and fast he wanted us to maintain the commitment and pressing and to keep going forward in search of a third or even fourth goal.

I sometimes think there is a time and place to see out games at 2-0. Chasing a third could lead to gaps which could be exploited. Chelsea and the rags when they won titles were prime exponents of "seeing a game out" when they were 2-0 up. I reckon in 14/15 years of titles between the two you could count on one hand they let a two goal lead slip.

That said, there's something refreshing and certainly exciting about the relentless pursuit of excellence and more goals that Pep craves. Battering teams into submission sends a very positive message out to the rest of the PL we mean business and as such they may change tactics and become more defensive when they play us. How often were teams beat before they even got off the bus at the rags or Chelsea? I want the rest of the league to worry about playing us and Peps philosophy of going for 90 minutes will help that

Nice post NB and spot on :D
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:51 pm

I thought pep was saying that the way we dominated the ball meant that we didn't have to defend the 2-0 lead. Had we gone looking for more we may have left the back door open for breaks.

Maybe I got it all wrong though.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Spurge » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Interesting to see Pep was not happy we took the foot off the gas at 2-0. Even though we have fixtures coming thick and fast he wanted us to maintain the commitment and pressing and to keep going forward in search of a third or even fourth goal.

Nice post NB and spot on :D

Yep echo that
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum