would you...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: would you...

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:23 am

No fucking way. He had the choice to join us a few seasons ago and snubbed us. Aguero is a better goal scorer than Sanchez and with the work-rate he is putting in now is an even better player

I'd swap him for Nolito and Navas
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:50 am

They could offer Sanchez, Bellarin and a bucket of cash and I'd still feel it was wrong.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:00 am

freshie wrote:No fucking way. He had the choice to join us a few seasons ago and snubbed us. Aguero is a better goal scorer than Sanchez and with the work-rate he is putting in now is an even better player

He didn't have the choice mate, when we were sanctioned by UEFA we were forced to pull out of the running for him leaving Arsenal with a free run at him.

He did snub us in summer 2011 but that was in favour of joining up with Guardiola at Barcelona, can't say I blame him for that and anyway if he hadn't snubbed us we may have never signed Aguero.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:20 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
freshie wrote:No fucking way. He had the choice to join us a few seasons ago and snubbed us. Aguero is a better goal scorer than Sanchez and with the work-rate he is putting in now is an even better player

He didn't have the choice mate, when we were sanctioned by UEFA we were forced to pull out of the running for him leaving Arsenal with a free run at him.

He did snub us in summer 2011 but that was in favour of joining up with Guardiola at Barcelona, can't say I blame him for that and anyway if he hadn't snubbed us we may have never signed Aguero.

Bad luck, good fortune, who knows?

An old Chinese farmer had a mare that broke through the fence and ran away. When his neighbours learned of it, they came to the farmer and said, "What bad luck this is. You don't have a horse during planting season." The farmer listened and then replied, "Bad luck, good luck. Who knows?"

A few days later, the mare returned with two stallions. When the neighbours learned of it, they visited the farmer. "You are now a rich man. What good fortune this is," they said. The farmer listened and again replied, "Good fortune, bad fortune. Who knows?"

Later that day, the farmer's only son was thrown from one of the stallions and broke his leg. When the neighbours heard about it, they came to the farmer. "It is planting season and now there is no one to help you," they said. "This is truly bad luck." The farmer listened, and once more he said, "Bad luck, good luck. Who knows?"

The very next day, the emperor's army rode into the town and conscripted the eldest son in every family. Only the farmer's son with his broken leg remained behind. Soon the neighbours arrived. Tearfully, they said, "Yours is the only son who was not taken from his family and sent to war. What good fortune this is..."

[And so it goes on]
Justified logic

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:29 am

Who knows indeed. What I do know though is that mare is a slag, couldn't be happy with just the one.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:42 am

Justified logic wrote:

An old Chinese farmer had a mare that broke through the fence and ran away. When his neighbours learned of it, they came to the farmer and said, "What bad luck this is. You don't have a horse during planting season." The farmer listened and then replied, "Bad luck, good luck. Who knows?"

A few days later, the mare returned with two stallions. When the neighbours learned of it, they visited the farmer. "You are now a rich man. What good fortune this is," they said. The farmer listened and again replied, "Good fortune, bad fortune. Who knows?"

Later that day, the farmer's only son was thrown from one of the stallions and broke his leg. When the neighbours heard about it, they came to the farmer. "It is planting season and now there is no one to help you," they said. "This is truly bad luck." The farmer listened, and once more he said, "Bad luck, good luck. Who knows?"

The very next day, the emperor's army rode into the town and conscripted the eldest son in every family. Only the farmer's son with his broken leg remained behind. Soon the neighbours arrived. Tearfully, they said, "Yours is the only son who was not taken from his family and sent to war. What good fortune this is..."

[And so it goes on]

Nice one JL; very deep and profound, so much so that I'm reminded of the lines from Gilbert and Sullivan's 'Patience' :-

"If this young man expresses himself in terms too deep for me,

Why, what a very deep deep young man, this deep young man must be"
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:After him turning down the chance to come to us, insisting that the London smog was much better than the rain filled, Gregg's pasty smelling north, he can fuck right off!

Bet he prefers Pukka pies as well, never fucking heard of a Chicken Balti.

Oh, and it's a fucking muffin, you little ork!

He never had the choice Beefy, UEFA saw to that.

He did, we offered him the spare change from the Mangala deal with a free pack of Eccles cakes on the understanding that he stops munching on the Pukka's.

FFP, pfffft, that was all a dream. Where is it now?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:44 pm

Justified logic wrote:

[And so it goes on]

So it evens itself out over the course of the season?
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Justified logic » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

[And so it goes on]

So it evens itself out over the course of the season?

No. What may seem to be bad luck may turn out to be good fortune, and vice versa. For example, how often does going a goal down early on (bad luck) cause the team to galvanise and go on to win (good fortune), whilst the team scoring that early goal (good fortune) ease off and end up being beaten (bad luck).

But I posted specifically in response to the comment about the signing of Sanchez falling through and us getting Aguero.
Justified logic

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:After him turning down the chance to come to us, insisting that the London smog was much better than the rain filled, Gregg's pasty smelling north, he can fuck right off!

Bet he prefers Pukka pies as well, never fucking heard of a Chicken Balti.

Oh, and it's a fucking muffin, you little ork!

He never had the choice Beefy, UEFA saw to that.

He did, we offered him the spare change from the Mangala deal with a free pack of Eccles cakes on the understanding that he stops munching on the Pukka's.

FFP, pfffft, that was all a dream. Where is it now?

It disappeared once they fucked us over and we paid a fine!!!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby aaron bond » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:18 pm

I wouldn't swap him for Aguero but I'd want us to try and buy him in the summer to compliment Aguero and the rest of our squad.

He's a phenomenal player and will go for a reduced fee as he only has 1 year left on his contract. Considering Pep doesn't seem to really trust Iheanacho to start, we really only have 2 strikers so would need an additional attacking player.

Whether Arsenal would want him to go to a Premier League side is another thing, but that's never stopped us buying players from them in the past.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby PrezIke » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:Would take Hazard over Sanchez seven days out of seven.

Sanchez is 28 which doesn't fit our age profile, even Hazard is possibly pushing it. Agree with Prezlke about not wanting him to go to a PL rival. He would do well at the rags or spuds if they had the bottle to sign him

His age as a deterrent would normally make sense, but since we are very young up front having a veteran player in their prime to play might not be so bad since our front three of the future are already, hopefully, here (Sane-Jesus-Sterling).

I didn't even think about Spurs as an option. That would be concerning, yet the thing is where would he play in their current 3-4-2-1 system?

Utd and Chelsea seem like perfect fits, as they are desperate for a future no.9 or wide players up front, which is concerning. Hopefully it's PSG or someone else is that is the one he is sold to if not us.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:05 pm

I was looking at Aguero since that news came out that he is unhappy, that Guardiola dislikes him, that he wants to go home, etc.

Look at him when Leroy scored.

His work rate since that moment went through the roof. He is everywhere, very aggresive and looks like he enjoys every minute here.

Would you swap a legend for two diving cunts like Hazard and Sanchez?

I don't think so.

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:30 pm

PrezIke wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Would take Hazard over Sanchez seven days out of seven.

Sanchez is 28 which doesn't fit our age profile, even Hazard is possibly pushing it. Agree with Prezlke about not wanting him to go to a PL rival. He would do well at the rags or spuds if they had the bottle to sign him

His age as a deterrent would normally make sense, but since we are very young up front having a veteran player in their prime to play might not be so bad since our front three of the future are already, hopefully, here (Sane-Jesus-Sterling).

I didn't even think about Spurs as an option. That would be concerning, yet the thing is where would he play in their current 3-4-2-1 system?

Utd and Chelsea seem like perfect fits, as they are desperate for a future no.9 or wide players up front, which is concerning. Hopefully it's PSG or someone else is that is the one he is sold to if not us.

I could see him play with Alli behind Kane. I think he will go abroad hopefully
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Looks like the Arsenal fans have turned on him as well. No way both him and Wenger are there next year
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum