would you...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: would you...

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Dameerto wrote:Swap a grafter who rolls his sleeves up when needed for a fair-weather 'talisman' who falls out with his manager and team mates when things get rough? Are you insane?

Who mentioned Ozil?

I think it's fine to blame Sanchez for being an arse to his team mates, but calling him 'fair-weather' is a bit rich, seeing how the very reason for the fall out is the lack of winning mentality around him which goes against his own ambitious personality.

And no, I would not swap him for Kun. I wouldn't complain if Pep went for him though, as he's very good.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Tru_Blu » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:19 pm

HELL NO

sell Nolito, Navas, Delph then bring him in
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby harveytravis » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Ha Ha Ha!!

Nice one!
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby s1ty m » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:35 pm

No.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:You ruined it WW, we nearly had all the lyrics to No Limits there. ;)

Lol
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:12 pm

No, not for s gold pig.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:33 pm

If Kun keeps playing as he is. No.

I really like Alexis and thought we might be in for him this summer, but hard to see how we can fit him into the team now if Sane and Sterling keep it up -- which is looking more likely with each passing game.

Not too long ago I might have considered it, especially since I was beginning to wonder if Kun would show the work rate and creativity/unselfishness we have seen after Jesus injured his foot. We would likely make a killing selling Aguero, whose contract goes for longer, whilst Alexis would be a cheaper buy (see AVP to Utd).

My biggest concern about Alexis is that he goes to one of our rivals, particularly Utd or Chelsea who would love to have him. Problem is how we could fit him in, even if we sold Aguero to Spain. The biggest reason I would consider it is to ensure that no one in England gets Sanchez or Aguero. We already have a big question mark surrounding the fitting of our best 4 front line attackers when Jesus is fit again.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Sanchez is nowhere near the same level. Diva.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:46 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Swap a grafter who rolls his sleeves up when needed for a fair-weather 'talisman' who falls out with his manager and team mates when things get rough? Are you insane?

Who mentioned Ozil?

I think it's fine to blame Sanchez for being an arse to his team mates, but calling him 'fair-weather' is a bit rich, seeing how the very reason for the fall out is the lack of winning mentality around him which goes against his own ambitious personality.

And no, I would not swap him for Kun. I wouldn't complain if Pep went for him though, as he's very good.

You didn't answer my question, are you insane?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:13 pm

No.

I would feel a bit bad even if we swap him with Messi. I would still miss him.

He is frustating many times, but the fucker became one of us. He is a blue
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Dameerto wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:

Who mentioned Ozil?

You didn't answer my question, are you insane?

Mate, I'm a big fan of Leroy, but that's going too far! Might ask Mase though.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:36 pm

After him turning down the chance to come to us, insisting that the London smog was much better than the rain filled, Gregg's pasty smelling north, he can fuck right off!

Bet he prefers Pukka pies as well, never fucking heard of a Chicken Balti.

Oh, and it's a fucking muffin, you little ork!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Oh, and it's a fucking muffin

Amen to that!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:13 pm

No fuck off.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Would take Hazard over Sanchez seven days out of seven.

Sanchez is 28 which doesn't fit our age profile, even Hazard is possibly pushing it. Agree with Prezlke about not wanting him to go to a PL rival. He would do well at the rags or spuds if they had the bottle to sign him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Never
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:27 pm

nottsblue wrote:Would take Hazard over Sanchez seven days out of seven.

Sanchez is 28 which doesn't fit our age profile, even Hazard is possibly pushing it. Agree with Prezlke about not wanting him to go to a PL rival. He would do well at the rags or spuds if they had the bottle to sign him

Just checked NB and Hazard was 26 in January so I think you're right about his age "pushing it".

With regard to any of our rivals buying Sanchez, or any other player, we shouldn't let it worry us and if we don't want him, then they're welcome to him.

The only thing we need to concern ourselves with is getting the constituent parts of our own team sorted. If we get that right, the rest of the Division can cower in fear, even the side that buys Sanchez.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Would take Hazard over Sanchez seven days out of seven.

Just checked NB and Hazard was 26 in January so I think you're right about his age "pushing it".

With regard to any of our rivals buying Sanchez, or any other player, we shouldn't let it worry us and if we don't want him, then they're welcome to him.

The only thing we need to concern ourselves with is getting the constituent parts of our own team sorted. If we get that right, the rest of the Division can cower in fear, even the side that buys Sanchez.

You are of course correct with the notion of getting our own team how we want it. But there is an argument to be made to look at Bayerns model of weakening your opponent by taking their best players. The dippers also did this in their glory days. Does that mean we should target our rivals best players? No, but it would harm them more than us. If we took Hazard for example it would hurt them immeasurably, just the same as if Silva traded us for a rival, though of course that will never be allowed to happen but the point remains.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:50 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:After him turning down the chance to come to us, insisting that the London smog was much better than the rain filled, Gregg's pasty smelling north, he can fuck right off!

Bet he prefers Pukka pies as well, never fucking heard of a Chicken Balti.

Oh, and it's a fucking muffin, you little ork!

He never had the choice Beefy, UEFA saw to that.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:21 am

fangsanalsatan wrote:

Who mentioned Ozil?

If that was the case then he should have done his research and never joined Arsenal in the first place
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum