CL games 7/8

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: CL games 7/8

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Interesting how people know how this unfolded as I'm sure we were playing at the same time?

I only seen the highlights and to be fair, I only seen 1 or 2 dodgy decisions, especially the penalty for Nasher. Were there any instances as in ours and the Arsenal game, where the 5th official made a decision, after a minutes con-flab with the ref?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:19 pm

In Mail Online

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers says Barcelona's 'incredible' comeback against PSG puts his team's capitulation into context

Haha!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Interesting how people know how this unfolded as I'm sure we were playing at the same time?

I only seen the highlights and to be fair, I only seen 1 or 2 dodgy decisions, especially the penalty for Nasher. Were there any instances as in ours and the Arsenal game, where the 5th official made a decision, after a minutes con-flab with the ref?

not sure what you're insinuating with that first bit but it's called a DVR. google it maybe?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:49 am

There's video evidence to prove if the officiating was fair that PSG would have won the tie.

Forget the romance and how close barca came to fairly overturning the odds. It was ruined.

And the next time Phips Goodman starts patronising us over pointing stuff like this out, remember he had four requests to address this particular issue and he ignored it.

I'm all for newbies learning how the game works but these two (could be the same person) clearly don't want to. They are on a wind up
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:50 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Interesting how people know how this unfolded as I'm sure we were playing at the same time?

I have 2 screens, running our game on one and every other game on text on the other.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:24 am

Slim wrote:

I have 2 screens, running our game on one and every other game on text on the other.

The Barca-PSG game was on BT Sprot Showcase, channel 59 on Freeview.
Justified logic

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

not sure what you're insinuating with that first bit but it's called a DVR. google it maybe?

Touchy-touchy, i was interested how you could watch 2 games at once as i can only do that with non-City games.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:There's video evidence to prove if the officiating was fair that PSG would have won the tie.

Forget the romance and how close barca came to fairly overturning the odds. It was ruined.

And the next time Phips Goodman starts patronising us over pointing stuff like this out, remember he had four requests to address this particular issue and he ignored it.

I'm all for newbies learning how the game works but these two (could be the same person) clearly don't want to. They are on a wind up

Great name OD; in fact it would be a good name for a Rock Band.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:There's video evidence to prove if the officiating was fair that PSG would have won the tie.

Good call mick :lol:
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:59 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Nah , not at all. "Mary is strapping on her .....'Phips Goodman' ", doesn't quite have the same ring to it as Steely Dan.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:01 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Nah , not at all. "Mary is strapping on her .....'Phips Goodman' ", doesn't quite have the same ring to it as Steely Dan.

"Only a fool would say that" ZC but, "Here at the Western World" "Any major dude will tell you" "Don't take me alive" because they're "Reelin' in the years".......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:25 pm

And now for something completely different.
It seems Falcao injured himself yesterday against Bordeaux and is "doubtful" for Wednesday
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:31 pm

patrickblue wrote:And now for something completely different.
It seems Falcao injured himself yesterday against Bordeaux and is "doubtful" for Wednesday

Ooh, rock me Amadeus.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby BookJunior » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:02 am

Other clubs have woken up! Hahahaha :lol:

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/petiti ... 43617.html
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:39 pm

i thought they got rid of the triple punishment (red card, sending off, and penalty)... Or was that just in the Prem?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:56 pm

2-0 Leicester. Bet Ranieri thinks this lot are a right bunch of cunts
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:00 pm

freshie wrote:2-0 Leicester. Bet Ranieri thinks this lot are a right bunch of cunts

So does Mourinho about Chelsea's players.

Managers have to excel at man management nowadays. That's just how it is.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:05 pm

very quiet tonight is our Cardew
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:07 pm

I have a weird feeling if Leicester pull this off and we manage to advance tomorrow we will draw them in the quarters.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:16 pm

Oh Nasri ffs.

Piss poor
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike