*** city v stoke official match thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** city v stoke official match thread ***

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Kev Won't play that bad again. Sane was extremely poor as well.

Big players let us down.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Our problem tonight was De Bruyne....three or four times we were through attacking with the ball at his feet and he fucked up.
If his pass success rate is better than 50% I'll be fucking amazed....he is not having a good season !!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:29 pm

Is 'Sterling rested not injured' code for 'Forget the league' ?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby branny » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:30 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Kev Won't play that bad again. Sane was extremely poor as well.

Big players let us down.

Kev was just as bad last Wednesday.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:Our problem tonight was De Bruyne....three or four times we were through attacking with the ball at his feet and he fucked up.
If his pass success rate is better than 50% I'll be fucking amazed....he is not having a good season !!

pep got it wrong not kev , even kev knows a pass to navas is a wasted pass.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:33 pm

Another clean sheet is a bonus. Means Bravo doesn't play as often. I thought KDB improved when he went wide when Silva came on. Those two crosses for Nacho and Sane were sublime and on another day would have been two goals. In reality, hoping to catch Chelsea was a huge long shot especially with the run of games we have coming up.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Only gripe I have is, i watched those Stoke cunts give the worst professional display I have ever seen by a Premier League against Spurs. Strolling around like they didn’t give a fuck. They got mullered.

Then to come to our place, play like their fucking lives depended on it, with nothing to play for, and get a point.

Malaysian betting syndicates still alive and kicking me thinks.

Or Hughes looking for the Rag adulation?
I agree, and that. :D :D :D

Guardiola getting stick from some of our fans for rotating. I think as fans we would all like to see our best player’s week in week out. From Guardiola perspective though, he sees that we have Boro in the Cup on Saturday, Monaco next week, followed quickly by the Bin Dippers the following weekend.

He might even think the FA Cup is now more important than the League, given Chelsea are walking it, he would be right. Silva is 31 years old now, expecting a full 90 minutes tonight from him , again on Saturday, then next week, is unrealistic. Not making excuses for Guardiloa, just seeing it from his perspective. The Sterling one is strange, maybe Sterling has a slight knock/strain we are unaware of, if he does, then again I would prefer him available for Boro away as a fan, with the chance of silverware.

I think it harsh criticizing Guariola on tonight’s team selection. We were playing Stoke ffs, not real Madrid/Barcelona. We had more than enough quality out on the pitch tonight to beat them. We take our chances we win that game easily. Like I said my only gripe was Stoke playing like their lives depended on it, with their back 6,7.

What we have learned this season is we have no real squad depth. We take Silva out the team we look ordinary. We replace Sterling, with the inept Navas who resembles a Duracell Bunny on Steroids, then we are in trouble.

Is it any wonder Guardiola tries to protect Spanish Dave.” No it isn’t”. There have been times to criticize Guardiola team selections this season. Tonight in my opinion was not one of them though.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:04 pm

The reason we didn't win tonight is our back 4....in my humble opinion they all have to be replaced, although they kept a clean sheet, they offered absolutely nothing going forward and nothing from corners..and sometimes a team really needs that, just the odd goal, but ours....nothing!!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues2win » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:08 pm

Mad to rotate at all with FA Cup match coming up. The next three league matches are really tough. Paid the penalty. Crazy. Very annoyed. Stoke are a decent side and should have paid them respect. That said Nacho should have fucking scored at the end Jesus is really missed.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Yaya's 3rd leg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:09 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:The reason we didn't win tonight is our back 4....in my humble opinion they all have to be replaced, although they kept a clean sheet, they offered absolutely nothing going forward and nothing from corners..and sometimes a team really needs that, just the odd goal, but ours....nothing!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yaya's 3rd leg
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues!!

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:11 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:The reason we didn't win tonight is our back 4....in my humble opinion they all have to be replaced, although they kept a clean sheet, they offered absolutely nothing going forward and nothing from corners..and sometimes a team really needs that, just the odd goal, but ours....nothing!!

That's a viewpoint but Stoke came for a point and we have said a lot of times that we need to take our chances when we get them. We did have chances and should have scored but we didn't. This is an old recorded replaying, Pep knew what would happen. He had the second half to reorganise and we were better but not good enough. Stoke got it spot on.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:12 pm

zuricity wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:Our problem tonight was De Bruyne....three or four times we were through attacking with the ball at his feet and he fucked up.

pep got it wrong not kev , even kev knows a pass to navas is a wasted pass.

Pep has no influence on those scenarios, particularly when Navas wasn't even involved in two such instances that I can remember.
I agree on the Navas front.....I am at the point that I sigh when he gets the ball in the full knowledge that nothing will come of anything he does, no matter what position he is in. That player should be nowhere near our first team, Jadon Sancho is a better player at 17 !!!!
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Yaya's 3rd leg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:16 pm

Arrogant from Pep tonight to allow Raheem to go house shopping for his mum. The shit Jesus should never play for us again. Kevin's 2017 has been shit.
Yaya's 3rd leg
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues!!

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:18 pm

We just weren't sharp enough up front.
Sergio Nacho and Sane all fluffed chances on the six yard box.
Before Christmas was the same except we would have lost due to a lapse at the back, so I don't think it's fair to blame the defence tonight.

Take the chances in each game no matter how few they are in some games, like tonight's.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:23 pm

Did Nolito shag Pep's missus?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:24 pm

De Bruyne and Fernandinho are right off there game for some reason at present ??? Fucking awful frustrating game that never got going and we still missed 2 or 3 chances to win it . Stoke are shite with no ambition and some horrible cynical fouls thrown in but we cant blame them we should have been better !!! Wasted 60 minutes with Navas , no end product and per usual despite creating good positions frustrates the crowd to fuck and his team mates . And Stoke fans celebrate a 0-0 ??? fuck off nuff said night night !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:42 pm

City64 wrote:De Bruyne and Fernandinho are right off there game for some reason at present ??? Fucking awful frustrating game that never got going and we still missed 2 or 3 chances to win it . Stoke are shite with no ambition and some horrible cynical fouls thrown in but we cant blame them we should have been better !!! Wasted 60 minutes with Navas , no end product and per usual despite creating good positions frustrates the crowd to fuck and his team mates . And Stoke fans celebrate a 0-0 ??? fuck off nuff said night night !!!

Navas is the deal of the day. He didn't do much wrong but gets lambasted. Kev was atrocious tonight and pep needs to drop him.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:49 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:De Bruyne and Fernandinho are right off there game for some reason at present ??? Fucking awful frustrating game that never got going and we still missed 2 or 3 chances to win it . Stoke are shite with no ambition and some horrible cynical fouls thrown in but we cant blame them we should have been better !!! Wasted 60 minutes with Navas , no end product and per usual despite creating good positions frustrates the crowd to fuck and his team mates . And Stoke fans celebrate a 0-0 ??? fuck off nuff said night night !!!

Navas is the deal of the day. He didn't do much wrong but gets lambasted. Kev was atrocious tonight and pep needs to drop him.

We can never fault Navas for his effort he always always puts 110% in . its the fact he is good enough to get in great positions to cross or pass but his final ball is abject .

im deffo off to bed now its been a long night !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:57 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

They were all poor. Caballero did nothing wrong, dealt well with what he had to. Otamendi was decent and Silva was good when he came in, the rest were well below their best.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Grandad Rosler » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:10 am

Wonderwall wrote:

He didn't do much full stop which is where the frustration lies in my opinion. Agree about Kev though been a few games now he's played like that
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum