The View from the Boro

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The View from the Boro

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Just a couple of thoughts from the home fans. Apparently they are going to get something from this tomorrow, it's the boro way

Enjoy :)

Referee: Michael Dean
Assistant Referees: Simon Bennett & Marc Perry
Fourth Official: Kevin Friend

Team Selection

Valdes
Fabio Barragan Gibson Friend
De Roon Clayton Leadbitter
Traore Downing
Negredo

And the rest...

Here we have the opportunity to play without the pressure of our relegation worries. One game away from wembley.

If City are 'UP' for it, then I can't really see us getting anything from this game…HOWEVER, I'm hoping that City might have their eye on a couple of other prizes (namely Premier League and Champions League). They played on Sunday, are playing tomorrow night (Wednesday), playing us on Saturday, and then have their CL game against Monaco the following Wednesday. Playing four times in ten days, you'd have to expect there to be some decent squad rotation going on, so we could get lucky…As such and if so.... then we COULD get something out of the game. (Meaning win it)! …Having said that.... if the Palace & Stoke attitude persists I think lower Championship is more our level.

It's all set up for the Boro win isn't it?…We've been so awful and we have no chance on paper, so Boro-logic dictates we'll give a gutsy 1-1 performance before winning on penalties. Karanka will be given a reprieve before we lose the next three league games in a row…It's the Boro way.

This would be such a middlesbrough match to win. Hope man city have their eyes on other competitions and slip up against us. If they play like they did against Huddersfield though, we won't be able to stop them. Especially not with our thrown together defence.

I'll be over for this one so hope we at least turn up and give it a real go, would hate to see us just roll over and take a slapping

Negredo should be well up for this to make a point, aslong as we give it a go and don't get battered, they're great when in full flow but if we ruffle their feathers then we might have a chance, of course Victor will have to be on top form also, fingers crossed UTB

It wouldn't surprise me to see Traore start on the bench. City dealt with him so well at the Etihad I'd be surprised if AK starts him in this game.

Bernardo is nailed on to start, I think. With our recent issues at full back, I'd be very surprised to see 3 full backs start in the same team. Other than that, I think Humpty's team is about right…Would be interesting to see if Karanka went a bit more attacking to try out a different approach, but on the flip side, City is the exact type of game where you need to keep it tight and play on the counter.

Man City playing a near full strength team tonight so expect a fair few changes on Saturday!

Any chance of Man city been tired by the time they play us on Saturday?

Im gonna make a bold statement since considering Aguero threat is in his feet not in the air, we should plan Fry and Gibson as the back 2 with Fabio on the right or Barragan if fit and friend/Fabio on the left. I actually believe from what i saw of Fry last season that he is a better cb than Bernardo and Ayala has just lost the will to play for us so id play him over them both.

Guardiola has been given manager of the month. We're in

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The View from the Boro

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:02 pm

The last comment re Guardiola being Manager of the month. Is that true? Can't see it anywhere on the bbc site.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:The last comment re Guardiola being Manager of the month. Is that true? Can't see it anywhere on the bbc site.

I have heard mentioned on the radio NB, so I believe it's true. I am sure it would be reported more if it was another manager....

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:The last comment re Guardiola being Manager of the month. Is that true? Can't see it anywhere on the bbc site.

Yep, but the picture of him holding it he looks underwhelmed

Check the article on MuEN web site...
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Thanks as ever CM

I stumbled across another of their forums that mixes on and off topic with subject titles that include......

Who's the hardest bloke in middlesborough (a 60 post debate no less)

Who's the hardest woman in middlesborough (a follow up to the above)

One about a prostitute visiting borough in a camper van

And my favourite is......a warning to smack heads about a bad batch doing the rounds complete with link to local paper :lol:

At first glimpse you'd think it was a parody/spoof forum.....

http://forum.comeonboro.com/index.php?P ... &board=1.0
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Return to The Maine Football forum