FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby Justified logic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:35 pm

The question is, if Bravo is going to be in goal is it worth trying to get a ticket?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:38 pm

The question is another one for me: why Claudio Bravo is so hated? I'll support him as every City player against the gooners in Wembley! #CTWD
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:09 pm

Good draw, we can beat Arse, Spuds to fluke a win over Chelsea, then we get revenge for 1981 at their new 'home' ground.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Good draw, we can beat Arse, Spuds to fluke a win over Chelsea, then we get revenge for 1981 at their new 'home' ground.

I like your style.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby freshie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Justified logic wrote:The question is, if Bravo is going to be in goal is it worth trying to get a ticket?

The question should be "is your dislike of Bravo stronger than your love for City?"
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:43 am

Justified logic wrote:The question is, if Bravo is going to be in goal is it worth trying to get a ticket?

Couldn't make the league cup final last season and when i saw Willy in net, was glad i hadn't bothered. And then look what happened.

I still think Bravo needs one game to change everything. His confidence is shot, but one brilliant save at 1-0 to win a game and he could be the keeper we signed, rather than a talented outfield player in gloves. Maybe that save will come against the Tarquins
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:07 am

Renato_CTID wrote:The question is another one for me: why Claudio Bravo is so hated? I'll support him as every City player against the gooners in Wembley! #CTWD

Because he has been utter utter utter shit ( Its not even a fuckign opinion , its a 100% fact) and has cost us games ffs !! and PeP includes him in the fuckign FA cup first 11 over a keeper that has excelled ( well , compared to Bravo , he has )..........that's why !

If it wasn't for ZABBA then we might have fucking lost that game due to his useless lack of actually catching the fuckign ball.

Our very real chance of winning this cup will be put in jeopardy with this out of form keeper playing for us.....end of story.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:23 am

Renato_CTID wrote:The question is another one for me: why Claudio Bravo is so hated? I'll support him as every City player against the gooners in Wembley! #CTWD

I don't think he's hated mate. I've never heard him given the Edgehill treatment as of yet. There's a few "whhhheeeeyyy" noises around the stadium when he makes a save but I've never heard him booed.

People are right to ask the question though with the amount of shots he's had at him and goals conceded this season. Do we want to win this cup?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:27 am

Mase wrote:

I don't think he's hated mate. I've never heard him given the Edgehill treatment as of yet. There's a few "whhhheeeeyyy" noises around the stadium when he makes a save but I've never heard him booed.

People are right to ask the question though with the amount of shots he's had at him and goals conceded this season. Do we want to win this cup?

His name has been booed, by admittedly a small number, when the teamsheets are read out.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:12 am

I know a guy that loves playing on Wembley

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Justified logic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:34 am

freshie wrote:

The question should be "is your dislike of Bravo stronger than your love for City?"

No, it is "Is our ability to score against Arsenal (the 'weakest' opponent we could have in the semis) greater or less than the liability of having Bravo leaking shots on target?" He was beaten twice on Saturday and only saved by Zaba and then Stones on the goal-line, and the other on-target shot was straight at his body yet he failed to hold that immediately. If I'm going to pay the not insubstantial cost of going to Wembley I want to know we are at least giving ourselves the best chance of winning and Caballero is a better shot stopper and, very importantly, a proven penalty saver and gives the team the confidence to play its full game that Bravo doesn't.
Justified logic

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:45 am

No need mate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:54 am

Justified logic wrote:
freshie wrote:

No, it is "Is our ability to score against Arsenal (the 'weakest' opponent we could have in the semis) greater or less than the liability of having Bravo leaking shots on target?" He was beaten twice on Saturday and only saved by Zaba and then Stones on the goal-line, and the other on-target shot was straight at his body yet he failed to hold that immediately. If I'm going to pay the not insubstantial cost of going to Wembley I want to know we are at least giving ourselves the best chance of winning and Caballero is a better shot stopper and, very importantly, a proven penalty saver and gives the team the confidence to play its full game that Bravo doesn't.

I'll have your ticket if you don't want it.

Last time we were at Wembley, we had exactly the same thread about Caballero. As Uncle Manuel said after that match, "I'd rather lose the cup final than break my word". If Bravo has been told he plays all the domestic cup matches, then he plays all the domestic cup matches.

The exact opposite happened in the final v Wigan. Folk wanted Hart in net, Bob agreed - and we lost.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dub City » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:31 am

Any idea when the FA will tell us what poxy kick off time they have decided we should play at ?
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:11 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:

His name has been booed, by admittedly a small number, when the teamsheets are read out.

Haven't heard that where I sit. Where abouts in the ground are you mate? Is it the person behind you or a real number of people?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:12 am

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:

Haven't heard that where I sit. Where abouts in the ground are you mate? Is it the person behind you or a real number of people?

I've heard it on tv mate which goes to show that it's fairly audible.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:10 am

Torn on this
Head says World Cup Willie
Heart says Subuteo Bravo

All because of the karma
when Bobbie dropped his pants and Pellers sticking with Willie .
Managed to get txts to that final and it was awesome when Willie saved the day
carolina-blue

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:24 am

freshie wrote:

Surely not possible
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:04 pm

We beat them already with Bravo in goal? Whats the problem? Let the media concentrate on having a go at one of our own and we get on with winning matches and enjoying the football we have on show.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:04 pm

Lloris was on his back to France not so long ago, to small to weak shit on the ball, even Navas notched against him
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum