FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:We beat them already with Bravo in goal? Whats the problem? Let the media concentrate on having a go at one of our own and we get on with winning matches and enjoying the football we have on show.

Yes we did. They had one shot on target and they, er, scored one goal. All well and good if we can limit them to fewer scoring chances than goals we score, but is that really the best way to go about winning the FA Cup?

As I wrote before, we could easily have conceded - would have conceded - on two occasions against Boro if it were not for our defenders clearing balls off the line. And that wasn't the first game that our defenders have had to be there to back up Bravo. He made no saves during that game. What sort of goalie is it that needs defenders playing behind him to prevent opponents scoring?! One who is regularly and easily beaten.

On Stones clearance, can you please inform me as to what Bravo did wrong? If anything he should be getting credit for getting a hand to Fabio's point blank header which slowed the ball enough to enable Stones to clear.

Did he? I couldn't make that out.

I missed it at the time too, go to 9.50 on this, you can spot on the slow mo replay

https://youtu.be/_hKVNQq1xj0
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Is this our biggest challenge in a semi since beating the Rags? Arsenal are a very good side on their day and anything could happen. They are, of course, one of the poorer performers at the moment and with our style of play we're bound to get chances.

Very much looking forward to this and am relishing watching the Tarquins squeal. Obviously if we win, mind you ;-)

I thought Chelsea in 2013 was a big challenge, possibly bigger than Arsenal, however I would discount Arsenal's current form with regard to the semi final. Anything can happen in a one-off cup game. Can't wait though - I'd love to beat the Goners!

Soon I'd like to be calling them the Gurners!

Watch Arsenal Fan TV on youtube - not far off :lol:
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:58 pm

freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Is this our biggest challenge in a semi since beating the Rags? Arsenal are a very good side on their day and anything could happen. They are, of course, one of the poorer performers at the moment and with our style of play we're bound to get chances.

Very much looking forward to this and am relishing watching the Tarquins squeal. Obviously if we win, mind you ;-)

I thought Chelsea in 2013 was a big challenge, possibly bigger than Arsenal, however I would discount Arsenal's current form with regard to the semi final. Anything can happen in a one-off cup game. Can't wait though - I'd love to beat the Goners!

Sorry mate, I'll go as far as watching that Adebayor moment gift but anything else makes me want to punch the screen. Self entitled Tarquin fucks!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
freshie wrote:

Sorry mate, I'll go as far as watching that Adebayor moment gift but anything else makes me want to punch the screen. Self entitled Tarquin fucks!

It's hilarious watching them meltdown
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PrezIke » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:33 pm

s1ty m wrote:That goal from Yaya is timelessly wonderful.

The perfect GIF for a City fan
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:06 pm

I can't see any official announcement BUT the BBC sport fixtures website shows us playing Arsenal at Wembley at 17.15 on Saturday 22nd. I hope this is true.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dub City » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:29 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I can't see any official announcement BUT the BBC sport fixtures website shows us playing Arsenal at Wembley at 17.15 on Saturday 22nd. I hope this is true.

It has both games down for that time and kick off - its a joke that not announced yet
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:42 pm

Dub City wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I can't see any official announcement BUT the BBC sport fixtures website shows us playing Arsenal at Wembley at 17.15 on Saturday 22nd. I hope this is true.

It has both games down for that time and kick off - its a joke that not announced yet

Ah, that's a shame. I think they may be waiting for tonight. If we get through then we may have a game (2nd leg?) of chumps league on the Wednesday before the FA cup. That may mean we play on Sunday at Wembley.
South Stand Balti

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:02 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Dub City wrote:

Ah, that's a shame. I think they may be waiting for tonight. If we get through then we may have a game (2nd leg?) of chumps league on the Wednesday before the FA cup. That may mean we play on Sunday at Wembley.

You hope
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby chips » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:53 pm

I bought tickets to our home game against West Brom on 22nd April but thats when the semi final is. Does anyone what will happen about my tickets and when the fixture will be moved to?
chips

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:15 pm

chips wrote:I bought tickets to our home game against West Brom on 22nd April but thats when the semi final is. Does anyone what will happen about my tickets and when the fixture will be moved to?

I don't know but usually your ticket carries forward or you can get your money back. It may be a frustrating wait to see when the new date for the game is. There could be s game on the Wednesday following the cup semi but this is most likely for the rearranged Derby as it stands.
South Stand Balti

Postby chips » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Cheers. That's annoying, I won't be able to make the game midweek and had good seats! Bloody FA cup!
chips

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Looks like that is the defining moment in our season unless we pull a very unexpected rabbit out of the hat in the next 45 minutes
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Justified logic wrote:The question is, if Bravo is going to be in goal is it worth trying to get a ticket?

Now that FA Cup is our only chance of winning a trophy; if Pep puts that cunt Bravo anywhere near our playing squad he can fuck off to his vineyard in Spain.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby aaron bond » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:13 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
Justified logic wrote:The question is, if Bravo is going to be in goal is it worth trying to get a ticket?

Now that FA Cup is our only chance of winning a trophy; if Pep puts that cunt Bravo anywhere near our playing squad he can fuck off to his vineyard in Spain.

We've seen this season that Pep is very stubborn so I'm sure there is a big part of him determined to prove that Bravo was a good buy for us.

I'm sure Bravo will be playing against Arsenal in the cup.
aaron bond

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:46 am

chips wrote:I bought tickets to our home game against West Brom on 22nd April but thats when the semi final is. Does anyone what will happen about my tickets and when the fixture will be moved to?

You take them to Nandos and get the works.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:03 am

Sunday 3pm it is then!!
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 am

gmercer1 wrote:Sunday 3pm it is then!!

Surprise surprise we just knew we would get the sunday didn't we . The FA don't give a fuck and are unfit for purpose .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 am

Sunday is London marathon day too trains will be hammered
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:35 am

City64 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:Sunday 3pm it is then!!

Surprise surprise we just knew we would get the sunday didn't we . The FA don't give a fuck and are unfit for purpose .

Anyone who has twitter can contact the FA @FA ....I. Feel they should be sent some questions

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum