FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:07 am

Nick wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nick wrote:Really ? Hopefully it's just the hardcore that go rather than the ' Wembley ' fans that used to live sitting down in silence even bloody row z 5th tier.

I miss the buzz of the derby semi

Yeah well, if 32,000 hardcore decide to go and the allocation doesn't reach me, so be it.
I won't moan or complain.
Thing is. The chances of me ever having enough points for a Wembley final are slim to none.
If some hardcore decide to pick and choose and I benefit, well I'll take my good fortune, thank you very much.

I'll make sure that you can hear me from the fifth tier or wherever I end up.

Hope you get tickets mate. By hardcore I mean the blues that relish every game come rain or shine, rather than who has the most points. We've all been in situations where circumstances mean you can't keep going/can't have a season ticket.

Just got mine. Tier 1 for once (usually always 5th tier, and even ask for the back Row as one time there were aload wanting to sit down). Not had to sit down since the only place I could get a season ticket was Row A in 109 and barely sat then, so I'm not sitting down for a wembley semi final! So any moaners get used to it. Saving grace is the stewards at Wembley are all nice lads (not like Showsec). My Dad, who suddenly and unexpectedly passed last month went and stood with the disabled fans because he was getting stick from some ''blues'' vs. Wigan. Livid that day, he was on his own as we were all split up in different tiers. Was fuming.

Come on City, Win the cup for my Dad !!!

Bought mine this morning too, Block 131 and booked the 08.20 Train from Piccadilly to Euston.
Bring on the Goons, lets hope the arsenal end is almost empty with 10 mins to go and the remaining dissenters are only staying to jeer Wenger
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:04 am

Nick wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nick wrote:Really ? Hopefully it's just the hardcore that go rather than the ' Wembley ' fans that used to live sitting down in silence even bloody row z 5th tier.

I miss the buzz of the derby semi

Yeah well, if 32,000 hardcore decide to go and the allocation doesn't reach me, so be it.
I won't moan or complain.
Thing is. The chances of me ever having enough points for a Wembley final are slim to none.
If some hardcore decide to pick and choose and I benefit, well I'll take my good fortune, thank you very much.

I'll make sure that you can hear me from the fifth tier or wherever I end up.

Hope you get tickets mate. By hardcore I mean the blues that relish every game come rain or shine, rather than who has the most points. We've all been in situations where circumstances mean you can't keep going/can't have a season ticket.

Just got mine. Tier 1 for once (usually always 5th tier, and even ask for the back Row as one time there were aload wanting to sit down). Not had to sit down since the only place I could get a season ticket was Row A in 109 and barely sat then, so I'm not sitting down for a wembley semi final! So any moaners get used to it. Saving grace is the stewards at Wembley are all nice lads (not like Showsec). My Dad, who suddenly and unexpectedly passed last month went and stood with the disabled fans because he was getting stick from some ''blues'' vs. Wigan. Livid that day, he was on his own as we were all split up in different tiers. Was fuming.

Come on City, Win the cup for my Dad !!!

Sorry about your Dad.
Oddly enough, I got tickets for the Wigan final, through WAFC. It's a long story. As I said, no hope of me getting tickets for a final through City. It meant of course myself and my young lad had to sit in the Wigan end. In hindsight, at eleven years old he was just a little too young to comprehend the rules around that and I nearly had to sit on him to not give us away. I'm sure it was obvious by the end.

I made him stay until the end for them to lift the cup as a mark of respect, but he wasn't a happy camper.

Not a great memory tbh.

My brother is retired now and family circumstances wouldn't have allowed him get over for matches previously, but they've all grown up and he has the time and means now and I've been hoping to get him over for quite a while now.

Hope it works out. Still want to get him over to the Etihad though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:00 am

Booked two tickets in West stand level 1 block 124, this morning.
Wembley here we come.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:25 am

Is it today?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Is it today?

Yeah Beefy. Sober up and get your ass down there.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:28 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:47 am

johnny crossan wrote:Image

How good would oy be if he was on the bench for this game!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:13 pm

dick dastardley wrote:

I'd have him on the bench even if he is unfit. Gives Wenger something to ponder about. And worry over
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:08 pm

nottsblue wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:

I'd have him on the bench even if he is unfit. Gives Wenger something to ponder about. And worry over

Put him in goals until he can run.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Quick question re the tickets. Mine arrived today, 3 concessionary and one full price. All are identical with £50 on them and no stubs. Is that correct or has someone at City dropped a bollock and I'll need to go dressed as Angus Young?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blue b4 the moon » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Have a close look at the barcodes.....Do they look different?
blue b4 the moon
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:20 pm

blue b4 the moon wrote:Have a close look at the barcodes.....Do they look different?

They certainly do with 'The Fat Waiter' at the helm........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:23 pm

blue b4 the moon wrote:Have a close look at the barcodes.....Do they look different?

Fookin ell , he got tickets for a Newcastle game !!! Needs to demand a refund immediately !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Quick question re the tickets. Mine arrived today, 3 concessionary and one full price. All are identical with £50 on them and no stubs. Is that correct or has someone at City dropped a bollock and I'll need to go dressed as Angus Young?

Not sure about all of that but my ticket doesn't have a stub either, so I'm sure that's ok.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:58 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

They certainly do with 'The Fat Waiter' at the helm........

:lol:
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:03 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:Quick question re the tickets. Mine arrived today, 3 concessionary and one full price. All are identical with £50 on them and no stubs. Is that correct or has someone at City dropped a bollock and I'll need to go dressed as Angus Young?

Not sure about all of that but my ticket doesn't have a stub either, so I'm sure that's ok.

Spoke to the ticket office and they said they can tell from the barcode and none have stubs.

Only problem is, I cant. So I have a 1 in 4 chance of using the right ticket at the gate and avoiding a shoeing from some cokerney security guard. Still, better odds than the lottery.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:06 am

One of the lads did the tunnel tour? We might be sending thousands back at this rate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mark Garrett » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:44 pm

3pm kick off on a Sunday for an FA Cup semi final.

Trains from Euston at 6 or 7pm will mean people are back in Manchester at 9 or 10.

If we don't sell out 32,000 for this semi final it really doesn't reflect well on the club. We have 40,000 season ticket holders plus supposedly a waiting list.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:18 am

Mark Garrett wrote:3pm kick off on a Sunday for an FA Cup semi final.

Trains from Euston at 6 or 7pm will mean people are back in Manchester at 9 or 10.

If we don't sell out 32,000 for this semi final it really doesn't reflect well on the club. We have 40,000 season ticket holders plus supposedly a waiting list.

And 50,000 singing were going to Wembley on Thursday, FFS get a ticket sell it out. It does not take a lot to confuse me, but City at Wembley we have fans making every excuse not to go, is a head scratcher and fucking embarrassing. We hate the CL yet moan about London on a Sunday!!!!! I do not get it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby IanWright » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:05 pm

I don't understand why this game can't be played at Villa Park. Would make perfect geographical sense.

Hijacked by the FA again, I suppose. Money making exercise to fill their pockets from a potentially full capacity Wembley two days in a row.
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum