FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:43 pm

aaron bond wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:I deffo won't be going, when's our club gonna grow a set of balls and fucking have these fa twats. And then if after extra time we play the swamp rats on weds!!!
Fuck off FA just fuck right off!!!


We should refuse to play the semi final then???

3 days between matches is perfectly normal in the football calendar. Happens plenty of times throughout the season.

Most of us have to be back in work bright and early the monday morning after the sunday semi , whats your travel schedule from Singapore looking like ?
User avatar
City64
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4777
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Shevington, Etihad , In a bar watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:50 pm

City fans should get the club to open the Etihad stadium and show the game there
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9089
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby aaron bond » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:55 pm

City64 wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:I deffo won't be going, when's our club gonna grow a set of balls and fucking have these fa twats. And then if after extra time we play the swamp rats on weds!!!
Fuck off FA just fuck right off!!!


We should refuse to play the semi final then???

3 days between matches is perfectly normal in the football calendar. Happens plenty of times throughout the season.

Most of us have to be back in work bright and early the monday morning after the sunday semi , whats your travel schedule from Singapore looking like ?


Your point has absolutely nothing to do with the original quote above that I was responding to. He's questioning why we're playing 2 games in such a short time.

Although I understand that may be difficult for you to understand.
aaron bond
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3307
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Singapore
Supporter of: City

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:05 pm

aaron bond wrote:
City64 wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:I deffo won't be going, when's our club gonna grow a set of balls and fucking have these fa twats. And then if after extra time we play the swamp rats on weds!!!
Fuck off FA just fuck right off!!!


We should refuse to play the semi final then???

3 days between matches is perfectly normal in the football calendar. Happens plenty of times throughout the season.

Most of us have to be back in work bright and early the monday morning after the sunday semi , whats your travel schedule from Singapore looking like ?


Your point has absolutely nothing to do with the original quote above that I was responding to. He's questioning why we're playing 2 games in such a short time.

Although I understand that may be difficult for you to understand.

I was simply questioning your smug reply to a perfectly plausible post so my point actually had a lot to do with the original quote which might have been lost in your smugness ?
User avatar
City64
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4777
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Shevington, Etihad , In a bar watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby aaron bond » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:11 pm

City64 wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
City64 wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:I deffo won't be going, when's our club gonna grow a set of balls and fucking have these fa twats. And then if after extra time we play the swamp rats on weds!!!
Fuck off FA just fuck right off!!!


We should refuse to play the semi final then???

3 days between matches is perfectly normal in the football calendar. Happens plenty of times throughout the season.

Most of us have to be back in work bright and early the monday morning after the sunday semi , whats your travel schedule from Singapore looking like ?


Your point has absolutely nothing to do with the original quote above that I was responding to. He's questioning why we're playing 2 games in such a short time.

Although I understand that may be difficult for you to understand.

I was simply questioning your smug reply to a perfectly plausible post so my point actually had a lot to do with the original quote which might have been lost in your smugness ?


What was smug about my post? It is perfectly normal to have 3 days in between matches. League games are often scheduled that far apart. We usually have to do that between League Cup matches and Premier League matches. So I'm not sure why it's such a big deal for FA Cup matches and why the club has to 'have these FA twats' because of it.

Instead of responding to my point, you talked about something completely different and tried to chuck in an insult because I no longer live in the UK. Good work.
aaron bond
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3307
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Singapore
Supporter of: City

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:24 pm

The scum played FA cup and CL Final all within 4 days, sorry to use the scum as an example, but c'mon.
Hazy2
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5785
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Hazy2 wrote:The scum played FA cup and CL Final all within 4 days, sorry to use the scum as an example, but c'mon.


Furthermore they have a league game the same day (albeit in Burnley and not in London).
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 20041
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby dick dastardley » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 pm

There is no reason whatsoever to why we can't play on a sat, its always the same with these clowns at the fa, anyone with a brain would have done it, doesn't make any difference. And their excuse is the marathon so what
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
User avatar
dick dastardley
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:14 pm
Location: city of manchester where else !!!

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby Justified logic » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:49 pm

West end is good but the 23rd is my mother's birthday and she'll be staying with me, so I guess I'll just have to pray for a win and hope to get a ticket for the final.
Justified logic
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Our man in the muddle
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Like i wrote above , the fans should seriously boycott this shit

For me to get to the game would double air faires alone, never mind hotel costs .

So let me get this right , on a day when London has a big world event , the Marathon , they want thousands of non locals on the streets having a raucous time singing songs of rag degredations ??


@Mr Bond , i guess you have no idea what it is like to try and see City live on a regular basis and still try to get to work and earn some crust ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9089
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Hazy2 wrote:The scum played FA cup and CL Final all within 4 days, sorry to use the scum as an example, but c'mon.

I take your point Hazy but we only get 3 days with Wembley being on Sunday. Barca beat PSG last week but lost to Deportivo 3 days later. If we get extra time it's a killer. Also we play away at Boro on the Saturday I.e. 3 games in 6 days. I've never been one for conspiracy stuff but I do think this schedule is aimed at hurting us.
South Stand Balti
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:25 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:59 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The scum played FA cup and CL Final all within 4 days, sorry to use the scum as an example, but c'mon.

I take your point Hazy but we only get 3 days with Wembley being on Sunday. Barca beat PSG last week but lost to Deportivo 3 days later. If we get extra time it's a killer. Also we play away at Boro on the Saturday I.e. 3 games in 6 days. I've never been one for conspiracy stuff but I do think this schedule is aimed at hurting us.


is that you jose?
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10599
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The scum played FA cup and CL Final all within 4 days, sorry to use the scum as an example, but c'mon.

I take your point Hazy but we only get 3 days with Wembley being on Sunday. Barca beat PSG last week but lost to Deportivo 3 days later. If we get extra time it's a killer. Also we play away at Boro on the Saturday I.e. 3 games in 6 days. I've never been one for conspiracy stuff but I do think this schedule is aimed at hurting us.


is that you jose?

I assume that means my comments were "special."
South Stand Balti
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:25 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:11 pm

aaron bond from Singapore .....

So your coming over then ? and yes the FA have shafted us on two fronts !!! 3 days after a semi final on a huge Wembley pitch isn't sufficient rest time and the PL game has huge significance so the only logical decision the FA should have made was to give us the Saturday fixture at Wembley , Oh by the way you referred to me as a thick cunt to which I can assure I am not and the Singapore thing was a touch of manc humour obviously lost on you , get a fucking grip !
Last edited by City64 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
City64
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4777
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Shevington, Etihad , In a bar watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:12 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The scum played FA cup and CL Final all within 4 days, sorry to use the scum as an example, but c'mon.

I take your point Hazy but we only get 3 days with Wembley being on Sunday. Barca beat PSG last week but lost to Deportivo 3 days later. If we get extra time it's a killer. Also we play away at Boro on the Saturday I.e. 3 games in 6 days. I've never been one for conspiracy stuff but I do think this schedule is aimed at hurting us.


is that you jose?

I assume that means my comments were "special."


it's because you're coming across like a moaning cunt
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10599
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:15 pm

zuricity wrote:Like i wrote above , the fans should seriously boycott this shit

For me to get to the game would double air faires alone, never mind hotel costs .

So let me get this right , on a day when London has a big world event , the Marathon , they want thousands of non locals on the streets having a raucous time singing songs of rag degredations ??


@Mr Bond , i guess you have no idea what it is like to try and see City live on a regular basis and still try to get to work and earn some crust ?


Haha ,
User avatar
City64
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4777
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Shevington, Etihad , In a bar watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The scum played FA cup and CL Final all within 4 days, sorry to use the scum as an example, but c'mon.

I take your point Hazy but we only get 3 days with Wembley being on Sunday. Barca beat PSG last week but lost to Deportivo 3 days later. If we get extra time it's a killer. Also we play away at Boro on the Saturday I.e. 3 games in 6 days. I've never been one for conspiracy stuff but I do think this schedule is aimed at hurting us.


is that you jose?

I assume that means my comments were "special."


it's because you're coming across like a moaning cunt

We lost on Wednesday. I won't stop moaning until we win.
South Stand Balti
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:25 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby Dub City » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Why does it take the FA till Friday to announce when the games will be played after having a draw on a Monday night. There were 4 teams in a draw , not that many different combinations possible to have worked out that they can justify it taking longer than Wednesday to announce.
Dub City
Darius Vassell's Composure
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:09 am

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Dub City wrote:Why does it take the FA till Friday to announce when the games will be played after having a draw on a Monday night. There were 4 teams in a draw , not that many different combinations possible to have worked out that they can justify it taking longer than Wednesday to announce.

They waited until after Monaco. If we had got through we would have had a game on the Wednesday just before Wembley weekend. This would give them the chance to put us on at Wembley on the Sunday.. But, as we lost to Monaco, they can now put us on at Wembley..........on Sunday. True story.
South Stand Balti
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:25 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Dub City wrote:Why does it take the FA till Friday to announce when the games will be played after having a draw on a Monday night. There were 4 teams in a draw , not that many different combinations possible to have worked out that they can justify it taking longer than Wednesday to announce.


And all the London club fans live in err London but the FA go out of there way to inconvenience the only northern clubs fans .
User avatar
City64
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4777
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Shevington, Etihad , In a bar watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ayrshireblue, Bing [Bot], Bones, Chinners, CrownPointBlue, Google [Bot], mr_nool, Nick, Nigels Tackle, Peter Doherty (AGAIG), Scatman, Wonderwall, Yahoo Slurp [Bot], Yukscore and 72 guests