FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA Cup Semi-final vs Arsenal

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Are we Sat or Sunday ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:23 pm

PeterParker wrote:I know a guy that loves playing on Wembley

That fucking goal! :o :shock:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Are we Sat or Sunday ?

We don't know but the tv companies will decide, hopefully over the next couple of days. Given we are the only supporters that have any significant travel, then it's a no brainier we will be in Saturday. The authorities seem to hate us tho so I'm guessing it's 5.30 on Sunday for us.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Dubciteh wrote:We beat them already with Bravo in goal? Whats the problem? Let the media concentrate on having a go at one of our own and we get on with winning matches and enjoying the football we have on show.

Yes we did. They had one shot on target and they, er, scored one goal. All well and good if we can limit them to fewer scoring chances than goals we score, but is that really the best way to go about winning the FA Cup?

As I wrote before, we could easily have conceded - would have conceded - on two occasions against Boro if it were not for our defenders clearing balls off the line. And that wasn't the first game that our defenders have had to be there to back up Bravo. He made no saves during that game. What sort of goalie is it that needs defenders playing behind him to prevent opponents scoring?! One who is regularly and easily beaten.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:We beat them already with Bravo in goal? Whats the problem? Let the media concentrate on having a go at one of our own and we get on with winning matches and enjoying the football we have on show.

Yes we did. They had one shot on target and they, er, scored one goal. All well and good if we can limit them to fewer scoring chances than goals we score, but is that really the best way to go about winning the FA Cup?

As I wrote before, we could easily have conceded - would have conceded - on two occasions against Boro if it were not for our defenders clearing balls off the line. And that wasn't the first game that our defenders have had to be there to back up Bravo. He made no saves during that game. What sort of goalie is it that needs defenders playing behind him to prevent opponents scoring?! One who is regularly and easily beaten.

On Stones clearance, can you please inform me as to what Bravo did wrong? If anything he should be getting credit for getting a hand to Fabio's point blank header which slowed the ball enough to enable Stones to clear.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:14 pm

On the upside, Bravo did quite well the last time he played at Wembley.

https://youtu.be/e36WnEbSrBU
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby s1ty m » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:31 pm

That goal from Yaya is timelessly wonderful.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:36 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

Have you seen the ones he scored with Arsenal in the semi and Chelsea in the final? :D
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:36 pm

PeterParker wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Have you seen the ones he scored with Arsenal in the semi and Chelsea in the final? :D

Not sure we will see another goal like that from his boot.

Please work
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:38 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Not sure we will see another goal like that from his boot.

I wouldn't bet on it :P

Please work
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Justified logic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

On Stones clearance, can you please inform me as to what Bravo did wrong? If anything he should be getting credit for getting a hand to Fabio's point blank header which slowed the ball enough to enable Stones to clear.

Did he? I couldn't make that out.
Justified logic

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Justified logic wrote:
freshie wrote:
Justified logic wrote:The question is, if Bravo is going to be in goal is it worth trying to get a ticket?

The question should be "is your dislike of Bravo stronger than your love for City?"

No, it is "Is our ability to score against Arsenal (the 'weakest' opponent we could have in the semis) greater or less than the liability of having Bravo leaking shots on target?" He was beaten twice on Saturday and only saved by Zaba and then Stones on the goal-line, and the other on-target shot was straight at his body yet he failed to hold that immediately. If I'm going to pay the not insubstantial cost of going to Wembley I want to know we are at least giving ourselves the best chance of winning and Caballero is a better shot stopper and, very importantly, a proven penalty saver and gives the team the confidence to play its full game that Bravo doesn't.

So you only go to games that you think we have a chance of winning? What did you do pre-2008? It's a trip to Wembley - I'd go if we had no keeper. These are moments to be treasured - you never know when it night be your last one
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
freshie wrote:
Justified logic wrote:The question is, if Bravo is going to be in goal is it worth trying to get a ticket?

The question should be "is your dislike of Bravo stronger than your love for City?"

Surely not possible

Not for me
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Justified logic wrote:

Don't fucking go then. We could do without any negativity in such a big game. There you go, I've answered your question. Goodnight
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:13 pm

The moaning and negativity on this site lately is off the fucking scale ???

FA cup semi final at Wembley , on the brink of CL QF and the only English club left in the NICHE` competition , on a fantastic run in the PL with huge games coming up , rags struggling like fuck and wheels about to come off and almost every fucker on here is moaning about some shit ???

I might look in after the Monaco game nite nite .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:15 pm

City64 wrote:The moaning and negativity on this site lately is off the fucking scale ???

FA cup semi final at Wembley , on the brink of CL QF and the only English club left in the NICHE` competition , on a fantastic run in the PL with huge games coming up , rags struggling like fuck and wheels about to come off and almost every fucker on here is moaning about some shit ???

I might look in after the Monaco game nite nite .

Unbelievable isn't it? I'm buzzing at the prospect of going to Wembley - I always look forward to games there
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:17 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Are we Sat or Sunday ?

We don't know but the tv companies will decide, hopefully over the next couple of days. Given we are the only supporters that have any significant travel, then it's a no brainier we will be in Saturday. The authorities seem to hate us tho so I'm guessing it's 5.30 on Sunday for us.

Think we'll find out tomorrow. Heard on the radio today that both games will kick off at 17.15. What's the betting that we end up playing on the Sunday?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Is this our biggest challenge in a semi since beating the Rags? Arsenal are a very good side on their day and anything could happen. They are, of course, one of the poorer performers at the moment and with our style of play we're bound to get chances.

Very much looking forward to this and am relishing watching the Tarquins squeal. Obviously if we win, mind you ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Is this our biggest challenge in a semi since beating the Rags? Arsenal are a very good side on their day and anything could happen. They are, of course, one of the poorer performers at the moment and with our style of play we're bound to get chances.

Very much looking forward to this and am relishing watching the Tarquins squeal. Obviously if we win, mind you ;-)

I thought Chelsea in 2013 was a big challenge, possibly bigger than Arsenal, however I would discount Arsenal's current form with regard to the semi final. Anything can happen in a one-off cup game. Can't wait though - I'd love to beat the Goners!
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:31 pm

freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Is this our biggest challenge in a semi since beating the Rags? Arsenal are a very good side on their day and anything could happen. They are, of course, one of the poorer performers at the moment and with our style of play we're bound to get chances.

I thought Chelsea in 2013 was a big challenge, possibly bigger than Arsenal, however I would discount Arsenal's current form with regard to the semi final. Anything can happen in a one-off cup game. Can't wait though - I'd love to beat the Goners!

Soon I'd like to be calling them the Gurners!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum