City on Social Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City on Social Media

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:23 am

Or football in general on social media.

There used to be banter and debate in the comments under certain pieces, but it's gotten to the point where it seems there is no long term fan willing to comment anymore.

Plenty of "ceety you are my love, you will win all. Go zlatan" type posts.

It has slowly turned this way, so I don't know what way it will be in a year or two...

So, is it dead, or dying or is there no problem at all?
Original Dub

Re: City on Social Media

Postby ruralblue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:05 am

Its the international thing I think. Look at any post on say facebook and there are hundreds of comments but 95 per cent are folks from Nigeria and such places declaring their love of city and individual players. So hard to comment and receive and response to something posted as it just gets lost in all the usual shit. Great that we are expanding the fan base but us who have been here through and thin somehow get lost in all of it.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Re: City on Social Media

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:09 am

ruralblue wrote:Its the international thing I think. Look at any post on say facebook and there are hundreds of comments but 95 per cent are folks from Nigeria and such places declaring their love of city and individual players. So hard to comment and receive and response to something posted as it just gets lost in all the usual shit. Great that we are expanding the fan base but us who have been here through and thin somehow get lost in all of it.

Nailed it on Rural, kids and foreigners are even finding blue moon rising now, you could get a conversation there early doors but now even that is suffering the same fate with inane comments of 11yr olds from round the globe, emojis garbage in other language/typeface and don't get me started on "first"

Banter can still be between mates in a FB thread but even that is starting to go slow through fear of losing face when their team slips up the following week.

For me personally I know a lot of chavs, gooners, spuds and scouse, all of whom have become more wary on what they dish out, even the chavs are quiet at the minute...
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Return to The Maine Football forum