What We Got Coming Up?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What We Got Coming Up?

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:57 pm

So, after the dour performance against Stoke and a less than convincing win in the Cup against Boro, how do we think we'll fare against our close rivals?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: What We Got Coming Up?

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:00 pm

Beat the dippers.

Beat the arse

Draw at chavs

Smash the arse in the semi final
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:Beat the dippers.

Beat the arse

Draw at chavs

Smash the arse in the semi final

Sounds good apart from that last line ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:08 pm

After that. Oh God.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Anything could happen with this team, I wouldn't be shocked to lose all 3 and end up 5th to be honest, but I think a WLD is on the cards
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Lose to the dippers, draws at arsenal and Chelsea, beat arsenal in semifinal, lose to Chelsea in final, finish 3rd.

Or to put it another way, a worse season than last
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:18 pm

I'm not trying to be miserable but I don't think we are good enough to take on the better teams. I say that based on going every week......we are not as convincing as we were against the top sides. I expect the dippers and Chelski to beat us. I think we will get past Arsenal in the semi then anything can happen. I would take 4th now but I think the rags and the dippers will push us for that. If u look at our back 5, nearly half the team, it has no top players in it.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:18 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Lose to the dippers, draws at arsenal and Chelsea, beat arsenal in semifinal, lose to Chelsea in final, finish 3rd.

We beat the Rags to the Wenger Trophy last season, that's gotta count for something.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:Lose to the dippers, draws at arsenal and Chelsea, beat arsenal in semifinal, lose to Chelsea in final, finish 3rd.

We beat the Rags to the Wenger Trophy last season, that's gotta count for something.

And we got a trophy. So still everything to play for this season, otherwise another £150m spent and no progress
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

And we got a trophy. So still everything to play for this season, otherwise another £150m spent and no progress

I don't look at the money spent now mate, it's irrelevant. Rags, Dippers, Arse still alive have been doing it for years so i take the notion that they're all at it in some way but at least we're trying to compete, not pretending to.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Liverpool will rinse + repeat the high tempo press game against us Sunday. Every fucker in the Premier League knows Liverpool, Leicester; approach to football these days. Get the job done in the first 30 minutes. No doubt it will catch us out completely by surprise, for like the “umpteenth time” and we will be 3-0 down within 30 minutes. We will wake up second half score 2, and finish the game strongly, missing 10 open goals, and saying for the umpteenth time this season after the game “we would have won that, had we took all our chances”.

Press will circle jerk to Klopp “charge of the light brigade” brand of total football.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:48 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Liverpool will rinse + repeat the high tempo press game against us Sunday. Every fucker in the Premier League knows Liverpool, Leicester; approach to football these days. Get the job done in the first 30 minutes. No doubt it will catch us out completely by surprise, for like the “umpteenth time” and we will be 3-0 down within 30 minutes. We will wake up second half score 2, and finish the game strongly, missing 10 open goals, and saying for the umpteenth time this season after the game “we would have won that, had we took all our chances”.

Press will circle jerk to Klopp “charge of the light brigade” brand of total football.

I have the same feeling, we'll be broken before we've started and then have to claw back the points.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:59 am

3-0 v the scouse cunts.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Feed The Goat » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Beat the Scousers
Beat Chelsea
Beat Arsenal twice
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:44 pm

What we have coming up is a good hiding off Red Scouse if we have the same 1st. Half as last night
Go 2 down to them and we won't pull it back .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:49 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Liverpool will rinse + repeat the high tempo press game against us Sunday. Every fucker in the Premier League knows Liverpool, Leicester; approach to football these days. Get the job done in the first 30 minutes. No doubt it will catch us out completely by surprise, for like the “umpteenth time” and we will be 3-0 down within 30 minutes. We will wake up second half score 2, and finish the game strongly, missing 10 open goals, and saying for the umpteenth time this season after the game “we would have won that, had we took all our chances”.

sadly this is spot on.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

sadly this is spot on.

Scousers are pants, Sane to rip Milnercunt to shreds.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

sadly this is spot on.

Mane to rip Clichy to shreds.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:14 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

sadly this is spot on.

Mane to rip Clichy to shreds.

Maybe Mase, let's see if he plays 1st.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:23 pm

With the way our defence is , what we got coming up is goals against - the final result will depend on us outscoring them.

I just hope PEP understands that the bindippers will fly out of the starting block like they do against teams like us and we have to deal with it - Id suggest NO FUCKIGN STUPID TRIANGLES at the back for most of the first stages, as they will harry us into an error....10000000%

Remember this fuckign post when we play them !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum