How Many Players Do We Need

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How Many Players Do We Need

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:52 pm

To really compete in the league and europe what do people think we need? How far away are we?

For me, we have enough young players (Sterling, Sane, Jesus) and enough players who can turn it on when it is going our way (Silva, KDB) but we dont have anyone that takes a lead on the pitch and dictate the game.

Assuming Pep still wants to play 433 then 2 new fullbacks are an absolute must and should be sorted first, if not already identified and approached.

An experienced midfielder to play alongside Gundogan and KDB also needed, a leader who can control the game, slow the pace when needed and give the players a kick up the arse when needed. Someone who is always that out ball and just always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Toni Kroos would be ideal but for his lack of pace. No point picking a young up and comer or the next Kroos or Modric, this player has to be the brains of the team and have experienced the game at the top level.

Same as above, we need a leader of a CB. If Kompany is out, we need his clone.

Other players need to decide if they are happy with a squad role with possibly reduced wages (Silva, Sergio and Yaya)
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Re: How Many Players Do We Need

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:57 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:To really compete in the league and europe what do people think we need? How far away are we?

For me, we have enough young players (Sterling, Sane, Jesus) and enough players who can turn it on when it is going our way (Silva, KDB) but we dont have anyone that takes a lead on the pitch and dictate the game.

Assuming Pep still wants to play 433 then 2 new fullbacks are an absolute must and should be sorted first, if not already identified and approached.

An experienced midfielder to play alongside Gundogan and KDB also needed, a leader who can control the game, slow the pace when needed and give the players a kick up the arse when needed. Someone who is always that out ball and just always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Toni Kroos would be ideal but for his lack of pace. No point picking a young up and comer or the next Kroos or Modric, this player has to be the brains of the team and have experienced the game at the top level.

Other players need to decide if they are happy with a squad role with possibly reduced wages (Silva, Sergio and Yaya)

Id forget Gundogan. He hadn't played a season of football. I don't se that changing.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:01 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:To really compete in the league and europe what do people think we need? How far away are we?

Wrong question.

How many players do you want?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:03 pm

A changing of the guard at the back, which Pep had a chance to do.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:04 pm

zuricity wrote:

Wrong question.

How many players do you want?

5 first teamers including a goalkeeper
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:A changing of the guard at the back, which Pep had a chance to do.

I think he gave everyone a chance which is fair enough. You only know who is going to let you down when the chips are down
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:08 pm

We had a player that could do most of that sat on the fucking bench. Stupid fucking stupid. Cock up of the highest order.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:A changing of the guard at the back, which Pep had a chance to do.

I think he gave everyone a chance which is fair enough. You only know who is going to let you down when the chips are down

Why are you giving Pep a chance ?

He has had everything made available to him, status quo. What ever he wants .

He had time to plan. Everything made available to him and we end up with this shit ?

A joke of a defense and a pussy attack ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:13 pm

He did, at the start of the season. Since then he has known what they have and acted accordingly. This is his team now.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:We had a player that could do most of that sat on the fucking bench. Stupid fucking stupid. Cock up of the highest order.

I agree tonight. Was calling for that change after 20 mins. We were getting completely over ran and we may as well have had Yaya on since he provides so much more than Fern when controlling a game or going forward.

But moving forward, we need yaya in a time machine or someone else to fill the role permanently
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:14 pm

zuricity wrote:

He had time to plan. Everything made available to him and we end up with this shit ?

100% Correct - not addressing the defence is a sackable offence in my book...its been a shambles for most of the season.

First decent team we have played against ..twice..and we have conceded 6 goals.....that speaks volumes on our so called excellent defence over the last month or so.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

He did, at the start of the season. Since then he has known what they have and acted accordingly. This is his team now.

Obviously the calibre of players we need can not be bought in January. I expect the true Pep generals this summer
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:20 pm

zuricity wrote:

Because he is exactly what we need. A respected world class manager who has experienced it all in the game already. Overtime he can create a culture within the club from top to bottom through all levels and i have no doubt he will bring through youth players
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:33 pm

zuricity wrote:

Because he is exactly what we need. A respected world class manager who has experienced it all in the game already. Overtime he can create a culture within the club from top to bottom through all levels and i have no doubt he will bring through youth players

The second coming of Wenger.

The guy proved tonight that he hasn't a fukcing clue
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:48 pm

zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:

The second coming of Wenger.

The guy proved tonight that he hasn't a fukcing clue

Personally i dont think so. He wont be here 20 years but he could be here 5-8. I think the earliest we could be having the conversation about if he is the right man or not is this time next year.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 am

When he buys new defenders and they're shite next year because he's still trying to play this crap triangle football from the back - will we just say "the defence needs time to settle"?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:29 am

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:06 am

Guardiola said: ‘No, it’s not about the defence. Why was the second half a problem with the defence? The problem was the first half when we were not there, our strikers had to be aggressive and pick the ball up, but we didn’t at this crucial time. That’s why we are out.
Guardiola did not blame his defence and insisted the first-half display had been the problem saying It’s not about the defence and the goalkeeper.

If he really believes that then he should be fucked off , the deluded cunt.!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:09 am

Well that's the whole point. Nothing has changed in that regard.

I love where we're heading as a team under pep. I hate where we're heading with regards to our new "fans".
Original Dub

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:23 am

Original Dub wrote:

Well that's the whole point. Nothing has changed in that regard.

I love where we're heading as a team under pep. I hate where we're heading with regards to our new "fans".

I dont get that reply (about new fans) in relation to this thread topic or any conversation that has transpired within this thread or are you just talking in general
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum