How Many Players Do We Need

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How Many Players Do We Need

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:28 am

Original Dub wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:A changing of the guard at the back, which Pep had a chance to do.

I think he gave everyone a chance which is fair enough. You only know who is going to let you down when the chips are down

Well that's the whole point. Nothing has changed in that regard.

I love where we're heading as a team under pep. I hate where we're heading with regards to our new "fans".

You love where we are heading as a team ??? how about rephrasing that to 'you love where we are heading as an attacking force'....nowhere near being a fucking team this season , never ,ever, ever, going to win anything with this defense and second rate goal keeper situation and is the reason why we are getting beat by decent teams.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Justified logic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:49 am

Just need Messi. Because this manager has been made by the players he had or could poach from his opponents in the domestic league. It's not very testing to win stuff with Barcelona and Bayern is it.

Other world class managers are available.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:44 am

what I don't get is, why couldn't we just go for it, 1st half it was a joke, did we get into there half more then a couple of times, bad passing around our own half let us down big style, and then when we was running the show, we defend a free kick nearer the half way line then are own pen area, all players running towards goal when the ball came in, if he didn't score someone else might have done, we need to look forward at that free kick and try to head the ball away. then when we needed a goal in last 13 minutes we pissed around pass pass pass instead of lumping ball into there area and having a goal
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:48 pm

2 full backs which can put a decent cross in would be very welcome indeed.
Surely the kids we have are better than Cliche
gmercer1

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby sheblue » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Overall with this squad Pep has done well enough for this season. He has significant deficiencies in the squad he inherited we know that. There is no alternative now other than to have a really good transfer window in the summer. Its easier said than done, but were at a critical stage we will regress if we get it wrong again.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dameerto » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Our attack is 'very good' our midfield is 'adequate' and our defence is 'below average'. So do the maths. We have a few aging players to seek longterm replacements for, too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Dameerto wrote:Our attack is 'very good' our midfield is 'adequate' and our defence is 'below average'. So do the maths. We have a few aging players to seek longterm replacements for, too.

Only good thing our attack has been good at the past 3 games is missing chances
gmercer1

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:48 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Our attack is 'very good' our midfield is 'adequate' and our defence is 'below average'. So do the maths. We have a few aging players to seek longterm replacements for, too.

3 seasons of that. If we had taken the chances against Spurs Chelsea and Stoke we would NOT be worried about our back door always open. Last night we had 4 chances to leave Monaco playing out time not chasing a winner, same with the rent boys.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Scatman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:48 pm

We have the bones of a good team, but...

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=52486
Scatman

Postby everyonehatesus » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Fucking loafs infact if we buy every player from every team we will be champions of the world by default lol. Other than that a couple of defenders and a keeper would be nice.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Fine margins. Aguero scores the two gilt edged chances that in years gone by he gobbles up blindfolded then we're all dancing in the streets.

We've not had a decent defence since Komps and Lescott, it never used to matter though. The fact we keep missing sitters is highlighting the deficiency.

In the past we score two early goals and we kill the opposition off and they don't even have the fight to test our shite defence.

We played wank for 60 minutes last night but still should have scored 4
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:18 pm

This is the worst we're going to be under Guardiola.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dazby » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Mendy from Monaco impressed me. I'd like to have him measured up as a possible signing.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:33 am

gmercer1 wrote:

So you're saying we should sell Aguero, Sane, Sterling and Nacho because we haven't converted enough chances in the past three games? Or are you overreacting?
The area that needs most work (both in quality and age terms) is defence.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:30 am

Dameerto wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

So you're saying we should sell Aguero, Sane, Sterling and Nacho because we haven't converted enough chances in the past three games? Or are you overreacting?

No he's saying whilst people rave on about how great our attack is we continue to miss a hat full of sitters every other match. This has been happening since game 10 and has not improved much at all.

Good attack yes. But not nearly as clinical is we should be.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wooders » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:30 am

dazby wrote:Mendy from Monaco impressed me. I'd like to have him measured up as a possible signing.

i agree with this - seems a good solution to our left back issue
bellerin for right back and bonnuci next to stones
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:44 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

No he's saying whilst people rave on about how great our attack is we continue to miss a hat full of sitters every other match. This has been happening since game 10 and has not improved much at all.

Thanks London......had to read back as confused the fuck out of me where I said sell them all?

So am I over reacting or are you? Are you happy losing games when we miss sitters to put the game to bed? Didn't think so
gmercer1

Postby PeterParker » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:06 am

After that we need a whole new squad. Of course it will not be possible, but I really hope we fine them.

What happend in Monte Carlo is a disgrace. Their attitude disgusted me and fans should leave them alone in the weekend with Scouse to show them that we can also ”not show up”.

We lost a lot of games, ref mistakes, bent decisions, our own stupidity, but playing like a bunch of cunts that are overpaid to piss themselves and show they did not care about our club is by far too much.

We need players that want to be here and fight for the club and not act like primadonnas.

Fine them and show if they want to be here they need to take the carrot from they arse and start acting like professional world class players.

Rant over.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dameerto » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:49 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

Thanks London......had to read back as confused the fuck out of me where I said sell them all?

So am I over reacting or are you? Are you happy losing games when we miss sitters to put the game to bed? Didn't think so

The topic was about what we need IN OTHER WORDS what areas of the team need work on - I answered it literally and in full. Not sure what point you're trying to make other than we should apparently have a squad of 48 players - or why you seem to need to quote my posts at all and turn the thread into something completely different.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dimples » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:33 pm

We need players in the areas that Pep tried to address before the season started.

According to the papers we tried to get Bonucci, full backs, then Gundogan got injured and Vinny could not get fit.
So more of the same i.e. experienced center back, two fullbacks, midfielder (hopefully a skilled animal), Kun and Nacho replacements?

The players we buy better have some balls, a nasty streak and some physical presence - we are a bit shy in that area at the moment.
Although. Jesus, Gundongan and Sane (there is a toughness about him) may help us there.

We will need a replacement for Kun because he does not contribute enough to the team.
He is a lethal finisher but we need more. For ex, was at fault for Monaco's first goal. This is why Pep will move him on.

BTW: what is the story with Nacho?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum