MotM, Monaco vs. City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

MotM, Monaco vs. City

Caballero
5%
Clichy
No votes
Kolarov
5%
Stones
35%
Sagna
No votes
Silva
8%
Fernandinho
No votes
de Bruyne
No votes
Sané
35%
Agüero
11%
Sterling
No votes

Total votes : 37

MotM, Monaco vs. City

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:51 am

Last night I would have liked to give each and everyone of them a bollocking they'd never forget with spit in their faces and the hair on their heads standing back from my screaming.

This morning I've calmed down a bit and can at least recognise that a couple of players were slightly above abysmal.

Big Willy did his job and can't really be faulted for any of the goals.

Stones showed a lot of heart in the second half and was one of the few who actually looked like he gave a fuck. Kolarov was dogshit for their third, but played OK apart from that.

Our fullbacks were atrocious.

Fern did a lot of good defensive work in the second period, but as expected couldn't fulfill his role as an outlet for the defense in the first. Silva and Tintin were very ineffective and the latter looked sluggish and hopelessly out of form (which he has for quite a while now).

Sané and Sterling didn't look young and exciting last night, but rather naive and lightweight. The quality of their crosses was just terrible and neither was able to beat his man particularly often (Sterling hardly even tried to).

Kun was isolated and, when he did get his chances, not sharp enough.

Personally I go for Stones. He's been quite heavily criticised in the matchday thread and the "how many new players do we need" thread, but I thought I saw a glimpse of the player he can become last night. I don't think he was to blame for our defensive shambles and he - contrary to most of his team mates - played with his heart on his sleeve. Runner-up: Big Willy.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Re: MotM, Monaco vs. City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:00 am

Agree with that, Stones was the only outfield player that competed for 90 minutes.

Don't get the votes for Sané, he was lazy and lacked bottle, just like the rest of them in that first half.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:04 am

Stones for me. Only one to show any balls
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Renato_CTID » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:57 am

I was at the Louis II yesterday and only Kun Aguero impressed me for all the match. All other City players were so awful in the 1st half! Sergio Sergio ...
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:07 am

gmercer1 wrote:Stones for me. Only one to show any balls

I second this Some great blocks
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:11 am

Renato_CTID wrote:I was at the Louis II yesterday and only Kun Aguero impressed me for all the match. All other City players were so awful in the 1st half! Sergio Sergio ...

Really? didnt come across that way on tv. Missed a few chances and kept dropping deep and losing it esp in first half.

Sane for me, anything positive we did came through him, and for a 19 year old he showed his maturity.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Renato_CTID » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:25 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:I was at the Louis II yesterday and only Kun Aguero impressed me for all the match. All other City players were so awful in the 1st half! Sergio Sergio ...

Really? didnt come across that way on tv. Missed a few chances and kept dropping deep and losing it esp in first half.

Sane for me, anything positive we did came through him, and for a 19 year old he showed his maturity.

No mate! Sanè was one of the worst City players in the 1st half while Kun fights all over the game! He was the most brilliant all over the 95 minutes but was completely left alone by Raheem, El Mago, KDB and Leroy for 1st half and after the 3rd Monaco gol. Maybe TV didn't show how Kun fights and the high quality he showed yesterday!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:27 am

Renato_CTID wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

No mate! Sanè was one of the worst City players in the 1st half while Kun fights all over the game! He was the most brilliant all over the 95 minutes but was completely left alone by Raheem, El Mago, KDB and Leroy for 1st half and after the 3rd Monaco gol. Maybe TV didn't show how Kun fights and the high quality he showed yesterday!

Wow interesting to hear from someone who was actually there. As mentioned on TV it obviously didn't do Serge justice as he didn't look great, especially first half. Came across as though he was strolling around most of the first half.
gmercer1

Postby Renato_CTID » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:30 am

Stones the best yesterday? Mmm he was guilty for me in all of 3 gols Monaco scored!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:31 am

Renato_CTID wrote:

Stones the best yesterday? Mmm he was guilty for me in all of 3 gols Monaco scored!

How on earth can you pin any of the goals on him?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:40 am

mr_nool wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:

He was the only one even remotely trying on the 2nd goal
gmercer1

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:48 am

Renato_CTID wrote:

No way mate. First goal he put in an incredible block, unfortunate that the ball ran away from him straight back to a Monaco player and got no help from Sané and Aguero who just stood and watched when the ball was being put across again. Sagna also slow to get out, played Mbappe onside while the rest were pushed out to play him off.

Second goal, he got doubled up on as Silva just stood and watched. Sagna tried to cover his position but got it horribly wrong. Sterling let Fabinho go.

Third goal, Kolarov naively got caught under the ball after allowing Bakayoko a yard of space in behind him. Nothing to do with Stones.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

I watched on tv and would concur with your view of things. Yes Kun missed two he shouldn't have but overall he looked really up for it and was the only one consistently causing them bother.

I'd pick Stones, as he tried to get us on the front foot when he could and I wouldn't hold him individually to blame for any of the goals. I do think their is a player in there and he needs s steady experienced partner to help him develop. That player was supposed to be Vinny, but that's never going to happen.

Sane was more of s threat second half but him Sterling KDB and sadly Silva, went missing first half and I would put the two first half goals down to our system that relies on forwards that were not at it with the workrate, to pick up players around our box when they are on the attack.

There's none of them had a sense of danger or a defensive instinct in them. They are too busy waiting for the ball to break and a quick counterattack.
Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:09 pm

I can't even bring myself to vote for Alex. I'm still raging!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Stones let the cross go without even attempting to block it for the second goal - he didn't even try to intercept or block it. I don't care who should or shouldnt have been there HE was there at that moment and didnt try to do anything about it so it was his fuck up. The closest to faultless performance was Big Willy, man of the match after being beaten three times sums up how shit the rest of the lame fuckers were.
Like we said earlier in the season during our slump, we have a lack of leaders on the pitch so there's noone to bully the light weight performers into giving a shit when they start slacking off - and it's like a disease that spreads. We either need dodgy officials to give them some fire in their bellies at a sense of injustice or we need more leadership.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Mase wrote:I can't even bring myself to vote for Alex. I'm still raging!

Ah Mase mate. Things aren't that bad.
What would Alex think when he peruses this thread like he always does after a match and doesn't find his customary one vote.
His confidence could get shot!

Go on you can do it.
You know you want to.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:57 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:I can't even bring myself to vote for Alex. I'm still raging!

Ah Mase mate. Things aren't that bad.
What would Alex think when he peruses this thread like he always does after a match and doesn't find his customary one vote.
His confidence could get shot!

Go on you can do it.
You know you want to.

You know what, you're right!

I'll be there singing his name again on Sunday!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Renato_CTID » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:51 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:

Where any of goal did come from? The center of our defense! And where was our btrilliant boy in Blue? Anywhere except there!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Renato_CTID » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:

Where any of goal did come from? The center of our defense! And where was our brilliant boy in Blue? Anywhere except there!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Goal aside I thought sane was awful

Serge for me.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Next