KDB. What's going on?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: KDB. What's going on?

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:10 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:If one player needs the whole summer off it's Kev. Looks out of gas to me. I fully understand why he's in the team though as he has magic in his boots and sometimes just needs that one moment. Think he will be well rested come next season.

Like I said, probably suffering from series of niggling injuries. I agree that he will be much MUCH better after vacation in Bahamas.

Hope this is true. I am sure he will come back and be refreshed after the summer, but what happens when he picks up niggles next winter? I am not suggesting he is a sicknote like Jovetic or Sturridge or Delph even, but he doesn't strike me as a Silva type or a Zabba of old who play through the pain barrier and their performances doesn't suffer as a consequence.

We need warriors. Is he a warrior?

Silva is pretty unique in Thierry Henry fashion in that he seems to absorb endless amount of kicking. Freak of nature really. Can't expect that from everyone.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:If one player needs the whole summer off it's Kev. Looks out of gas to me. I fully understand why he's in the team though as he has magic in his boots and sometimes just needs that one moment. Think he will be well rested come next season.

Like I said, probably suffering from series of niggling injuries. I agree that he will be much MUCH better after vacation in Bahamas.

Hope this is true. I am sure he will come back and be refreshed after the summer, but what happens when he picks up niggles next winter? I am not suggesting he is a sicknote like Jovetic or Sturridge or Delph even, but he doesn't strike me as a Silva type or a Zabba of old who play through the pain barrier and their performances doesn't suffer as a consequence.

Silva is pretty unique in Thierry Henry fashion in that he seems to absorb endless amount of kicking. Freak of nature really. Can't expect that from everyone.

As a separate issue it really does beg the question of who will we find to replace Silva. I for one had high hopes it would be KDB. I'm not sure now though he is undoubtedly a class player. He seems to do more damage out wide rather than as a no 10
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

As a separate issue it really does beg the question of who will we find to replace Silva. I for one had high hopes it would be KDB. I'm not sure now though he is undoubtedly a class player. He seems to do more damage out wide rather than as a no 10

Just a thought NB, but would Gylfi Sigurdsson be any use to us as a potential Silva replacement.

A different player to some extent but where would we find a like-for-like Merlin 'clone' to seamlessly slot in to our team ??

I can't see him staying at Swansea much longer and there would be no end of takers for his skills, however, he's 28 in September so he may not have the ultimate longevity we might want or need.

I'm not relishing the day that 'Big Dave' hangs up his boots; we've been so blessed to have him at City.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Siguarddson may not be a bad shout. Hazard would be the obvious choice but with zero chance of signing him. I think Pep would jump at the chance of getting Delle Ali. He is young enough to be moulded into a great no 10
nottsblue

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I really can't see us replacing Silva. There is no one quite like him in world football. I really really like De Bruyne but he really sin't as food as Silva.

Again as a separate issue, it really makes my heart bleed that Silva has never really got the respect he deserves mainly because of his down to earth attitude and living his life off the spotlight. Truly one of the greatest players of our era. Unfortunately it's era where shagging grannies and not paying yourntaces will get you recognition and quietly going on about your business will get you nothing but eternal adoration of supporters you played for.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I really can't see us replacing Silva. There is no one quite like him in world football. I really really like De Bruyne but he really sin't as food as Silva.

Again as a separate issue, it really makes my heart bleed that Silva has never really got the respect he deserves mainly because of his down to earth attitude and living his life off the spotlight. Truly one of the greatest players of our era. Unfortunately it's era where shagging grannies and not paying yourntaces will get you recognition and quietly going on about your business will get you nothing but eternal adoration of supporters you played for.

Silva, in time, will be looked back as one of our greatest, if not THE greatest and one of the best of the PL era. Just because he doesn't play for the media darlings doesn't mean his talent doesn't shine through. Whenever I speak to football fans of other clubs and I mention I am a City fan invariably to a man they say they wished they had either Silva or Aguero in their side. As good as praise and the best sort there is
nottsblue

Postby bigblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:56 pm

A times Kev reminds me of Nasri - incredible talent, but goes missing for large parts of many matches. Samir was better on the ball, and Kevin is much better passing/shooting, but they both seem to shy away vs the top clubs more often than not
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:01 pm

bigblue wrote:A times Kev reminds me of Nasri - incredible talent, but goes missing for large parts of many matches. Samir was better on the ball, and Kevin is much better passing/shooting, but they both seem to shy away vs the top clubs more often than not

The big difference between the two, for me, is that Nasri looked indifferent whenhe was playing poorly whereas De Bruyne looks genuinely frutrated which makes me think that he might be suffering from injuries. Abilitywise KDB is much better player than Nasri and he certainly puts in more effort. When he is having off day, which he has been having mostly recently, at least he tries all the time. Nasri just gave up when he wasn't in the mood.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:28 pm

I know he has plenty of assists and all that but I think he is massively over rated by us. He can't get hold of a game and control it, he goes missing when we need him. It worries me that there is no sign of anybody to replace, immediately Yaya, and longer term Dave.
The one or two golden touches in a game are not enough to compensate for the loss of control of a game when he is the main man. You would naturally think when Silva is missing Kev would be the man to step up to that role. He never does. We need more than a 'bits and pieces' player.
I fear he will always remain a flat track bully.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby dazby » Mon May 01, 2017 3:59 am

He's just not shooting at the moment. Too busy trying to create for others. He needs to take players on and have a go. Got to create the doubt in the defenders minds.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby zuricity » Mon May 01, 2017 4:46 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I know he has plenty of assists and all that but I think he is massively over rated by us. He can't get hold of a game and control it, he goes missing when we need him. It worries me that there is no sign of anybody to replace, immediately Yaya, and longer term Dave.
The one or two golden touches in a game are not enough to compensate for the loss of control of a game when he is the main man. You would naturally think when Silva is missing Kev would be the man to step up to that role. He never does. We need more than a 'bits and pieces' player.
I fear he will always remain a flat track bully.

Kevin isn't the problem , Pep is .

How would you feel knowing that everytime you pass the ball to Clichy or Navas , we lose possession ?

What on earth was Pep doing yesterday? Starting two very potent strikers ( kun and jesus ) and those two ( Clichy and Navas - neither of whom can cross the ball ).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon May 01, 2017 12:56 pm

KDB could do with a personal fitness trainer. I am not sure he has the natural athlete physique. There have been times this season, he has looked a little bit too flabby for a professional football player, blowing out of his arse. Having a Child can do this to you. Crying Baby, late nights, snacking.

A pre-season working on cardio, watching the calories will do him the World of good. I remember Kinkladze struggled with his weight, he also loved his grub. I am pretty sure he was addicted to Tango. I could be wrong.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon May 01, 2017 12:59 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:KDB could do with a personal fitness trainer. I am not sure he has the natural athlete physique. There have been times this season, he has looked a little bit too flabby for a professional football player, blowing out of his arse. Having a Child can do this to you. Crying Baby, late nights, snacking.

A pre-season working on cardio, watching the calories will do him the World of good. I remember Kinkladze struggled with his weight, he also loved his grub. I am pretty sure he was addicted to Tango. I could be wrong.

spending too much time on off field stuff trying to build up his 'de bruyne' brand
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:KDB could do with a personal fitness trainer. I am not sure he has the natural athlete physique. There have been times this season, he has looked a little bit too flabby for a professional football player, blowing out of his arse. Having a Child can do this to you. Crying Baby, late nights, snacking.

spending too much time on off field stuff trying to build up his 'de bruyne' brand

You still think he's trying to be david beckham
:lol:

The things you see vs the things you can't see is astounding lad
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 06, 2017 1:25 pm

Nobody in the entire league has created more chances for their team.

Nobody in the league has more assists.

He is not trying to be david backham. He is a fantastic player and always puts in a serious shift.
Original Dub

Postby blues2win » Sat May 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Brilliant today. Between him and Dave for MOM.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nickyboy » Sat May 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

It's obviously not working as I've never actually seen or heard anything about DeBruyne outside of matchday
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

It's obviously not working as I've never actually seen or heard anything about DeBruyne outside of matchday

Neither have I.

Really strange observation.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Yeah, I've been scratching my head about the comparison with Beckham off field.
I just don't get it. The guy is never heard of off field.

Sounds like the most laid back sound guy every time he's interviewed.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 06, 2017 4:47 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Yeah, I've been scratching my head about the comparison with Beckham off field.
I just don't get it. The guy is never heard of off field.

Sounds like the most laid back sound guy every time he's interviewed.

Talking about KDB and BeckScum in the same breath just seems to be an insult too far for our silky Belgian.

BeckScum would never have been fit to lace KDB's boots.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum