Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:It's not a muscular injury and he should be ok for the dippers

These euro qualifiers are killing me everytime it comes down to Vinnie.

what's the belgian for deja vu?

come again ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:40 pm

Always thought Kompany a more shrewd polititian than our own, boldly entertaining, Chinners.
It is long since I did reckon Vinnie will step into a very comfortable executive seat, rather than a more challenging managerial/coaching one. He most certainly feats all main skills, such as a smart arsed brain and a good enough ability at back stabbing.

Still, some of his recent hot licks have left me wondering, whether his efforts will go down the very slippery path to try and "educate" Citizens at being "more Catalans".
Today, much to my bemusement, I've even had to read, somewhere, that Pep is more flexible than the man who developed him from an average DM into a world class CB.... mainly down to Pep's ability to develop the "3 at back skill", exactly one of the major points that had Kompany down the rioting path.

Mind!
I am Guardiola Fan, as far as football only is concerned and, contrary to mainstream recognition, I DO cheer the BADGE, not managers or players: actually, the CITY WAY fits me as my most comfortable pair of shoes.
More importantly, I am a staunch Liberal (Dem) who shall always stand for a business owner's right to persue his/hers/theirs benchmark of business model. In other words, I am very grateful for the lottery winning ticket, hence am well prepared to pay taxes on it.

Still...this Sorianized environment really does on my head, from time to time, leaving me in need for a good moan.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:13 pm

Swales4ever wrote:Always thought Kompany a more shrewd polititian than our own, boldly entertaining, Chinners.
It is long since I did reckon Vinnie will step into a very comfortable executive seat, rather than a more challenging managerial/coaching one. He most certainly feats all main skills, such as a smart arsed brain and a good enough ability at back stabbing.

Still, some of his recent hot licks have left me wondering, whether his efforts will go down the very slippery path to try and "educate" Citizens at being "more Catalans".
Today, much to my bemusement, I've even had to read, somewhere, that Pep is more flexible than the man who developed him from an average DM into a world class CB.... mainly down to Pep's ability to develop the "3 at back skill", exactly one of the major points that had Kompany down the rioting path.

Mind!
I am Guardiola Fan, as far as football only is concerned and, contrary to mainstream recognition, I DO cheer the BADGE, not managers or players: actually, the CITY WAY fits me as my most comfortable pair of shoes.
More importantly, I am a staunch Liberal (Dem) who shall always stand for a business owner's right to persue his/hers/theirs benchmark of business model. In other words, I am very grateful for the lottery winning ticket, hence am well prepared to pay taxes on it.

Still...this Sorianized environment really does on my head, from time to time, leaving me in need for a good moan.

Do you use an automated translator?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:35 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
bigblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Got a knock - doubt for WCQ against Greece

they say it's not a muscle injury - let's just hope that's right

He should have retired from international football 2 years ago. And if he wants to have club career he'll do it soon.

He won't retire until after the 2018 WC. After that then I think he will

After missing last years Euros Vincent wants a last hurrah at the WC.

He is Capitano of the best Belgium team in centuries,it's a very understandable emotion.

He needs to handle himself very carefully though cos there may not be a way back if he gets another bad muscle injury.

Go quietly Vincent,and carry a big stick !!

Is that a coded description of someone sitting on the toilet after eating too many curries CPB ?? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:Always thought Kompany a more shrewd polititian than our own, boldly entertaining, Chinners.

Mind!

In this instance, I think it's only fair to say that Klingon is a very difficult language to translate and paraphrase JL.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:59 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Mind!

In this instance, I think it's only fair to say that Klingon is a very difficult language to translate and paraphrase JL.

Funny how highly trained minds spell Chessmaster into Xeno-UKIP-phobia, In little England these days... isn't it?

You still are, by large, one of my fave posters, along with ZC, who ultimately caused my withdrawal, when I found him seduced by the dark side of the Brexit.

Not to mention the Great Moderator who originally tried such a brillant effort.... only to end up being "translated" from "A Finland Engineer" into a "weirdo living in a igloo"!

I most certainly ain't no longer the naive Parsifal who enroled at a Law College, but still have plenty of attitude at fighting fucking bullies.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Mind!

Funny how highly trained minds spell Chessmaster into Xeno-UKIP-phobia, In little England these days... isn't it?

You still are, by large, one of my fave posters, along with ZC, who ultimately caused my withdrawal, when I found him seduced by the dark side of the Brexit.

Not to mention the Great Moderator who originally tried such a brillant effort.... only to end up being "translated" from "A Finland Engineer" into a "weirdo living in a igloo"!

I most certainly ain't no longer the naive Parsifal who enroled at a Law College, but still have plenty of attitude at fighting fucking bullies.

Swalesie.
Don't take this as a dig, I always find you entertaining, but I never know what you are on about, who your references are towards and who you are biting back at.
Above is a perfect example.
I know you're fighting back, as you always seem to have to, but I'm lost mate.
Keep it up though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Mind!

You're right to be annoyed S4E, it was a low blow indeed.

The humour wrapped in the comment was more than I could resist and there was no malice intended against you whatsoever. However, I ignored the fact that this outweighed the effect it could have had on yourself and so I can only publicly apologise.

At times I can be a thoughtless pilchard.

Apologies once again to you.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bigblue » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Swales4ever wrote:Funny how highly trained minds spell Chessmaster into Xeno-UKIP-phobia, In little England these days... isn't it?

(disclaimer: I don't really know what you're on about, so I'm just going to reply to what I think I understand)

For the millionth time, just because someone can't parse your overly verbose ramblings, doesn't mean that they are xenophobic or bullying you. When you talk like a law filing rewritten in old-english prose, don't be surprised that people get confused. So rather than immediately thinking that people are intolerant of people like you, perhaps have a bit of self awareness and realize they are talking about just you - full stop.

If someone sitting next to me at a pub came out with this:

I am Guardiola Fan, as far as football only is concerned and, contrary to mainstream recognition, I DO cheer the BADGE, not managers or players: actually, the CITY WAY fits me as my most comfortable pair of shoes. More importantly, I am a staunch Liberal (Dem) who shall always stand for a business owner's right to persue his/hers/theirs benchmark of business model. In other words, I am very grateful for the lottery winning ticket, hence am well prepared to pay taxes on it.

I would think that they are off their medication or mentally ill. Not that they are a dirty foreigner who need to leave the country (who even thinks like that??)
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:01 pm

bigblue wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:Funny how highly trained minds spell Chessmaster into Xeno-UKIP-phobia, In little England these days... isn't it?

(disclaimer: I don't really know what you're on about, so I'm just going to reply to what I think I understand)

For the millionth time, just because someone can't parse your overly verbose ramblings, doesn't mean that they are xenophobic or bullying you. When you talk like a law filing rewritten in old-english prose, don't be surprised that people get confused. So rather than immediately thinking that people are intolerant of people like you, perhaps have a bit of self awareness and realize they are talking about just you - full stop.

If someone sitting next to me at a pub came out with this:

I am Guardiola Fan, as far as football only is concerned and, contrary to mainstream recognition, I DO cheer the BADGE, not managers or players: actually, the CITY WAY fits me as my most comfortable pair of shoes. More importantly, I am a staunch Liberal (Dem) who shall always stand for a business owner's right to persue his/hers/theirs benchmark of business model. In other words, I am very grateful for the lottery winning ticket, hence am well prepared to pay taxes on it.

I would think that they are off their medication or mentally ill.

Not that they are a dirty foreigner who need to leave the country (who even thinks like that??)

For the millionth time since , back....
How came, a quite respectable institution such as the King's College, awarded me an LLM back in '981?
how then came a firm part of a global group listed at LSE and NYSE, with roots dating to 1828, hired me to a lower executive responsability, immediately thereafter, just to start learning a trade?
More importantly... how comes HMRC's satisfaction with the revenue generated over the last two decades and more, by intiatives directly involving my interaction with English speakers (and writers) across the maritime world?

Now, I take it for a FACT: UK is Homeland of Free Speech and it's bound to stand as such, at least untill Sturgeon won't ultimately claim fiscal sovereignty on Scottish oil and David Davis get UK financial firms stripped with their financial passporting..... SO THAT, If you do not like me, nor what I say, just say it... without embarking yourself in flawed attempt to restrict mine. You are simply not fit for the task, mate.
I rather fancy 64's genuinely basic efforts than your sycophantic ones.

Now, please, let me get back in my hole... I occasionally would drop by a little still, but, it will be rare and wont bother you much.
as I mentioned, when I realized that even a smart mind like herr Zurich was seduced, I decided it was too much of an effort.
[to quote one of my fave comedian: "I think I had never had sex with a republican: it's too much work. I dont mind blowing someone's mind out, but blowin 'em in?]

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:12 pm

You're right to be annoyed S4E, it was a low blow indeed.

The humour wrapped in the comment was more than I could resist and there was no malice intended against you whatsoever. However, I ignored the fact that this outweighed the effect it could have had on yourself and so I can only publicly apologise.

Apologies once again to you.[/quote]

No need for apology, whatsoever, Mate.

If any, I must regret for overreacting to one of the finest gentlemen on here.
You know, they say: it is human nature to dwell on one's misfortunes.

As mentioned privately, Your sense of humour, along with your fine intelligence of football, earned so many credits to my mind, that you can afford almost everything.
indeed, barring what Shrek would get, if there was a natural justice in this unfair world, if I may dare adding.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Swales4ever wrote:You're right to be annoyed S4E, it was a low blow indeed.

Apologies once again to you.

No need for apology, whatsoever, Mate.

If any, I must regret for overreacting to one of the finest gentlemen on here.
You know, they say: it is human nature to dwell on one's misfortunes.

As mentioned privately, Your sense of humour, along with your fine intelligence of football, earned so many credits to my mind, that you can afford almost everything.
indeed, barring what Shrek would get, if there was a natural justice in this unfair world, if I may dare adding.[/quote]

Thanks chum; that's very gracious of you.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:30 pm

I'm genuinely lost.
I mustn't have the required intellect.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby bigblue » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:28 pm

Swales4ever wrote:For the millionth time since , back....
How came, a quite respectable institution such as the King's College, awarded me an LLM back in '981?
how then came a firm part of a global group listed at LSE and NYSE, with roots dating to 1828, hired me to a lower executive responsability, immediately thereafter, just to start learning a trade?
More importantly... how comes HMRC's satisfaction with the revenue generated over the last two decades and more, by intiatives directly involving my interaction with English speakers (and writers) across the maritime world?

Now, I take it for a FACT: UK is Homeland of Free Speech and it's bound to stand as such, at least untill Sturgeon won't ultimately claim fiscal sovereignty on Scottish oil and David Davis get UK financial firms stripped with their financial passporting..... SO THAT, If you do not like me, nor what I say, just say it... without embarking yourself in flawed attempt to restrict mine. You are simply not fit for the task, mate.

Now, please, let me get back in my hole... I occasionally would drop by a little still, but, it will be rare and wont bother you much.
as I mentioned, when I realized that even a smart mind like herr Zurich was seduced, I decided it was too much of an effort.
[to quote one of my fave comedian: "I think I had never had sex with a republican: it's too much work. I dont mind blowing someone's mind out, but blowin 'em in?]

Let me summarize this back and forth we've had many times:

Me: You are talking in a strange way that makes it hard for people to understand what you're trying to communicate.

You: I graduated from Kings College 3 decades ago and have had a successful business career speaking English with people across the 7 seas (working for a company founded in 1828)! So to accuse me of the high crime of being hard to understand is infringing on my rights of free speech and proof of your underlying xenophobia.

Me: Image

-----------------

Well swales, maybe we both can play this game:

Henceforth, your scandalous attempts to associate the stellar name of bigblue - which for centuries has been held in the highest esteem by omnipresent organizations, enlightened academia, and colorful chordate across the nautical universe - with those nefarious groups being in violation of the grand ideals of the Sovereign Homeland of Free Speech is of paramount prejudice to the decades of verbal mastery and rhetorical enlightenment of the aforementioned member of the mancityfans.net community forum.

Despite your attempts of predetermined harassment, it is a FACT that in 1991 the Queen of England visited the neighborhood of Marshall Heights, city of Washington, District known as Colombia. Upon this visit, there was a physical entanglement with a local commoner known as Alice Frazier. The resulting fallout and furthermore discussion is ongoing in private, but known to the general public at large. Regarding which, PROVES the ubiquitous integration between cross-channel collaboration, despite the vehement sock waving done by those who will go unnamed on this board.

Now I shall remain rightfully offended, as you have demonstrated untold amounts of highly volatile vitriol vehemently directed solely at me.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:43 pm

bigblue wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:For the millionth time since , back....

Let me summarize this back and forth we've had many times:

Me: You are talking in a strange way that makes it hard for people to understand what you're trying to communicate.

You: I graduated from Kings College 3 decades ago and have had a successful business career speaking English with people across the 7 seas (working for a company founded in 1828)! So to accuse me of the high crime of being hard to understand is infringing on my rights of free speech and proof of your underlying xenophobia.

Me: Image

-----------------

Well swales, maybe we both can play this game:

Henceforth, your scandalous attempts to associate the stellar name of bigblue - which for centuries has been held in the highest esteem by omnipresent organizations, enlightened academia, and colorful chordate across the nautical universe - with those nefarious groups being in violation of the grand ideals of the Sovereign Homeland of Free Speech is of paramount prejudice to the decades of verbal mastery and rhetorical enlightenment of the aforementioned member of the mancityfans.net community forum.

Despite your attempts of predetermined harassment, it is a FACT that in 1991 the Queen of England visited the neighborhood of Marshall Heights, city of Washington, District known as Colombia. Upon this visit, there was a physical entanglement with a local commoner known as Alice Frazier. The resulting fallout and furthermore discussion is ongoing in private, but known to the general public at large. Regarding which, PROVES the ubiquitous integration between cross-channel collaboration, despite the vehement sock waving done by those who will go unnamed on this board.

Now I shall remain rightfully offended, as you have demonstrated untold amounts of highly volatile vitriol vehemently directed solely at me.

What does that mean in English, Bigblue?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:45 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Mind!

I know nothing about you S4E other than what you post here and, frankly, I can't understand much of what you write because it largely doesn't make grammatical sense. Not asking you to change or qualify what you write, only saying how I see it.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:54 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:What does that mean in English, Bigblue?

You're sycophantic attempts to dilute my inherent right to free speech is flawed and unknowingly dishonest. I have generated over $1 BILLION US dollars in multilateral business deals across aviary regulations and earthly dimensions. I won an English language scratch off lottery ticket on May 7th, 1998.

Nigel Farage would be proud of your blatant disregard of basic dignity. Shame on you and your xenophobic kin.

Now excuse me as I return to my fortress. You may be honored by my future appearance at particular times, but appearances will be unpredictable and erratic. I leave you with a quote from one of my preferred agrarians: "Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack, and ending up fucking the farmer's daughter"
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:05 pm

Another classic thread in the making.

I doth say
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:22 pm

Will you lot quit this massively long and boring posts

my thumb hurts flipping past it all !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:29 pm

zuricity wrote:Will you lot quit this massively long and boring posts

my thumb hurts flipping past it all !

Absolutely. What commplete and utter bollocks.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum