Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Justified logic » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:28 am

So Vinny wanted to be in the Belgium team to win the Euros and WC. I can understand that. The guy puts 100% into everything he does. It baffles me why Martinez would even start a known fragile player in what should have been a gimme match against Gibraltar for WC aspirants such as Belgium, but he did. Should Vinny have told Martinez "No thanks. Give my position to someone else."? I hate these international breaks; numerous players from all countries seem to get injured during them.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3469
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Playing in the hole
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:57 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Go back and look at how many games he played in and got knocks were truly must win games for Belgium. That's my biggest beef. If it was a game to qualify for any tournament and he played I'd respect it, playing him 90 mins in meaningless games when he's been hurt for us is a piss take from them and him. I love he guy, but it cannot be denied he's made some very poor choices with respect to international football.


On par with Micah deciding to play for Great Britain at the Olymics when he was carrying knocks and ended up getting injured for a while.
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17909
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:17 am

Mase wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Go back and look at how many games he played in and got knocks were truly must win games for Belgium. That's my biggest beef. If it was a game to qualify for any tournament and he played I'd respect it, playing him 90 mins in meaningless games when he's been hurt for us is a piss take from them and him. I love he guy, but it cannot be denied he's made some very poor choices with respect to international football.


On par with Micah deciding to play for Great Britain at the Olymics when he was carrying knocks and ended up getting injured for a while.

I've still not forgiven Vinnie for making his comeback from injury in a game for Belgium several season ago. There's no way any player should be doing that, no matter how important the International match is/was.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
User avatar
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17065
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:29 am

Justified logic wrote:So Vinny wanted to be in the Belgium team to win the Euros and WC. I can understand that. The guy puts 100% into everything he does. .


If he had put 100% into his City career then we wouldn't be having this fuckign debate.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21211
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:33 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:So Vinny wanted to be in the Belgium team to win the Euros and WC. I can understand that. The guy puts 100% into everything he does. .


If he had put 100% into his City career then we wouldn't be having this fuckign debate.



I love the guy, and see your point Carl, for me he is a 100% commitment player even when 70% fit. A chance to win a World Cup or at least leave Belgium with his head held high I also get, however the body is now no longer able t cope, from the money coming in he along with Silva has been flogged and we saw Merlin on one leg last season. Vinny used right by us is still valuable, all be it the last season I guess. Your frustrated mate imagine how he feels.
Hazy2
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6264
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:47 am

Kompany still has two years to run on his contract.

He won't leave before then, so we'll probably use him judiciously, albeit infrequently, without relying upon him in any way.

After that, he might be given some useful role with the young players in the Academy, or in New York.

Then again, he might not.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:47 am

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:So Vinny wanted to be in the Belgium team to win the Euros and WC. I can understand that. The guy puts 100% into everything he does. .


If he had put 100% into his City career then we wouldn't be having this fuckign debate.



I love the guy, and see your point Carl, for me he is a 100% commitment player even when 70% fit. A chance to win a World Cup or at least leave Belgium with his head held high I also get, however the body is now no longer able t cope, from the money coming in he along with Silva has been flogged and we saw Merlin on one leg last season. Vinny used right by us is still valuable, all be it the last season I guess. Your frustrated mate imagine how he feels.


Its all about making choices Hazy, he only has himself to blame.....PeP is probably more pissed off at him (welcome to our world PeP -been going on for years), than Ill ever be, which means hes fucked as far as playing for us as a regular in the future is concerned.

Some fans just make me fucking shake my head when they go out attacking fans like me who ''dared'' to have a go at a their ''legend'' who in turn just happened to take the piss out of my club with some of their ill thought out decisions over the years.

I stand by everything I've said in this thread.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21211
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:52 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:So Vinny wanted to be in the Belgium team to win the Euros and WC. I can understand that. The guy puts 100% into everything he does. .


If he had put 100% into his City career then we wouldn't be having this fuckign debate.



I love the guy, and see your point Carl, for me he is a 100% commitment player even when 70% fit. A chance to win a World Cup or at least leave Belgium with his head held high I also get, however the body is now no longer able t cope, from the money coming in he along with Silva has been flogged and we saw Merlin on one leg last season. Vinny used right by us is still valuable, all be it the last season I guess. Your frustrated mate imagine how he feels.


Its all about making choices Hazy, he only has himself to blame.....PeP is probably more pissed off at him, than Ill ever be, which means hes fucked as far as playing for us as a regular in the future.

Some fans just make me fucking shake my head when they go out attacking fans like me who ''dared'' to have a go at a their ''legend'' who in turn just happened to take the piss out of my club with some of their ill thought out decisions over the years.

I stand by everything I've said in this thread.


At the end of the day Carl, it's your opinion and you've as much right to express it as anyone else on this forum.

You shouldn't be taking 'stick' purely for doing so.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:54 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:So Vinny wanted to be in the Belgium team to win the Euros and WC. I can understand that. The guy puts 100% into everything he does. .


If he had put 100% into his City career then we wouldn't be having this fuckign debate.



I love the guy, and see your point Carl, for me he is a 100% commitment player even when 70% fit. A chance to win a World Cup or at least leave Belgium with his head held high I also get, however the body is now no longer able t cope, from the money coming in he along with Silva has been flogged and we saw Merlin on one leg last season. Vinny used right by us is still valuable, all be it the last season I guess. Your frustrated mate imagine how he feels.


Its all about making choices Hazy, he only has himself to blame.....PeP is probably more pissed off at him, than Ill ever be, which means hes fucked as far as playing for us as a regular in the future.

Some fans just make me fucking shake my head when they go out attacking fans like me who ''dared'' to have a go at a their ''legend'' who in turn just happened to take the piss out of my club with some of their ill thought out decisions over the years.

I stand by everything I've said in this thread.


At the end of the day Carl, it's your opinion and you've as much right to express it as anyone else on this forum.

You shouldn't be taking 'stick' purely for doing so.


Sometimes you just have to say what you see , regardless of the fallout.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21211
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Justified logic » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Kompany still has two years to run on his contract.

He won't leave before then, so we'll probably use him judiciously, albeit infrequently, without relying upon him in any way.

After that, he might be given some useful role with the young players in the Academy, or in New York.

Then again, he might not.

This is I think a fair assessment of the situation. He has a lot of experience and skill to offer the club by way of mentoring and coaching. Also a respected pundit and spokesman for the club.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3469
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Playing in the hole
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Chinners » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:10 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:So Vinny wanted to be in the Belgium team to win the Euros and WC. I can understand that. The guy puts 100% into everything he does. .


If he had put 100% into his City career then we wouldn't be having this fuckign debate.



I love the guy, and see your point Carl, for me he is a 100% commitment player even when 70% fit. A chance to win a World Cup or at least leave Belgium with his head held high I also get, however the body is now no longer able t cope, from the money coming in he along with Silva has been flogged and we saw Merlin on one leg last season. Vinny used right by us is still valuable, all be it the last season I guess. Your frustrated mate imagine how he feels.


Its all about making choices Hazy, he only has himself to blame.....PeP is probably more pissed off at him, than Ill ever be, which means hes fucked as far as playing for us as a regular in the future.

Some fans just make me fucking shake my head when they go out attacking fans like me who ''dared'' to have a go at a their ''legend'' who in turn just happened to take the piss out of my club with some of their ill thought out decisions over the years.

I stand by everything I've said in this thread.


At the end of the day Carl, it's your opinion and you've as much right to express it as anyone else on this forum.

You shouldn't be taking 'stick' purely for doing so.


Ha ha, like Carl gives a fucl about getting 'stick', bang on about opinion MC .... bang on
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14501
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:57 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:So Vinny wanted to be in the Belgium team to win the Euros and WC. I can understand that. The guy puts 100% into everything he does. .


If he had put 100% into his City career then we wouldn't be having this fuckign debate.



I love the guy, and see your point Carl, for me he is a 100% commitment player even when 70% fit. A chance to win a World Cup or at least leave Belgium with his head held high I also get, however the body is now no longer able t cope, from the money coming in he along with Silva has been flogged and we saw Merlin on one leg last season. Vinny used right by us is still valuable, all be it the last season I guess. Your frustrated mate imagine how he feels.


Its all about making choices Hazy, he only has himself to blame.....PeP is probably more pissed off at him (welcome to our world PeP -been going on for years), than Ill ever be, which means hes fucked as far as playing for us as a regular in the future is concerned.

Some fans just make me fucking shake my head when they go out attacking fans like me who ''dared'' to have a go at a their ''legend'' who in turn just happened to take the piss out of my club with some of their ill thought out decisions over the years.

I stand by everything I've said in this thread.


I am not giving you stick, I agree with you, however City have flogged him. He is our legend. His contributions are as part of our history as anything.
Hazy2
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6264
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:11 am

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:So Vinny wanted to be in the Belgium team to win the Euros and WC. I can understand that. The guy puts 100% into everything he does. .


If he had put 100% into his City career then we wouldn't be having this fuckign debate.



I love the guy, and see your point Carl, for me he is a 100% commitment player even when 70% fit. A chance to win a World Cup or at least leave Belgium with his head held high I also get, however the body is now no longer able t cope, from the money coming in he along with Silva has been flogged and we saw Merlin on one leg last season. Vinny used right by us is still valuable, all be it the last season I guess. Your frustrated mate imagine how he feels.


Its all about making choices Hazy, he only has himself to blame.....PeP is probably more pissed off at him (welcome to our world PeP -been going on for years), than Ill ever be, which means hes fucked as far as playing for us as a regular in the future is concerned.

Some fans just make me fucking shake my head when they go out attacking fans like me who ''dared'' to have a go at a their ''legend'' who in turn just happened to take the piss out of my club with some of their ill thought out decisions over the years.

I stand by everything I've said in this thread.


I am not giving you stick, I agree with you, however City have flogged him. He is our legend. His contributions are as part of our history as anything.

Kompany karma - retribution for his backstabbing of our salvatore di ancona
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5527
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:49 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote: Sometimes you just have to say what you see , regardless of the fallout.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:32 am

Maybe he should retire from international football to extend his city career. Playing on under that imbecile Martínez certainly won’t increase his standing at the club.
Bournemouthcityfan
Ben Thatcher's Elbow
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:35 pm
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Shakermaker90 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:21 pm

Bournemouthcityfan wrote:Maybe he should retire from international football to extend his city career. Playing on under that imbecile Martínez certainly won’t increase his standing at the club.


I fully expect him to retire from international football after the next world cup. He wants to win the Champs League and to do that, he needs to be fit and part of Pep's plans. Being sidelined for so long has hampered his career; and given the way Stones is progressing game by game and the likelihood of us buying another CB in the summer, one to partner Stones in the long run, he'll need to be ready to give 100% at Pep's beck and call for the remaining years on his contract. Sadly for Vinny, as great as he can be for us, we're no longer in the position where we will automatically put him back into the team just because he's fit to play. He's one of the best defenders in the world on his day, but we as a team are becoming less and less dependent on individual quality to see games through.
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:32 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:26 pm

Shakermaker90 wrote:
Bournemouthcityfan wrote:Maybe he should retire from international football to extend his city career. Playing on under that imbecile Martínez certainly won’t increase his standing at the club.


I fully expect him to retire from international football after the next world cup. He wants to win the Champs League and to do that, he needs to be fit and part of Pep's plans. Being sidelined for so long has hampered his career; and given the way Stones is progressing game by game and the likelihood of us buying another CB in the summer, one to partner Stones in the long run, he'll need to be ready to give 100% at Pep's beck and call for the remaining years on his contract. Sadly for Vinny, as great as he can be for us, we're no longer in the position where we will automatically put him back into the team just because he's fit to play. He's one of the best defenders in the world on his day, but we as a team are becoming less and less dependent on individual quality to see games through.


Stones has improved because Vinny is out IMO , even fuckign Otto has improved (Cannot believe I just said that ) as we have a settled back 4 - just looking at the confidence they show passing the ball out from the back is a pleasure to watch...nowhere near as fuckign nervous as I used to be.

VK will be a last resort player for us or he will come on as a sub when we are 10 nil up - other than that , he will never get into our starting line up IMO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21211
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Shakermaker90 wrote:
Bournemouthcityfan wrote:Maybe he should retire from international football to extend his city career. Playing on under that imbecile Martínez certainly won’t increase his standing at the club.


I fully expect him to retire from international football after the next world cup. He wants to win the Champs League and to do that, he needs to be fit and part of Pep's plans. Being sidelined for so long has hampered his career; and given the way Stones is progressing game by game and the likelihood of us buying another CB in the summer, one to partner Stones in the long run, he'll need to be ready to give 100% at Pep's beck and call for the remaining years on his contract. Sadly for Vinny, as great as he can be for us, we're no longer in the position where we will automatically put him back into the team just because he's fit to play. He's one of the best defenders in the world on his day, but we as a team are becoming less and less dependent on individual quality to see games through.


Stones has improved because Vinny is out IMO , even fuckign Otto has improved (Cannot believe I just said that ) as we have a settled back 4 - just looking at the confidence they show passing the ball out from the back is a pleasure to watch...nowhere near as fuckign nervous as I used to be.

VK will be a last resort player for us or he will come on as a sub when we are 10 nil up - other than that , he will never get into our starting line up IMO.

You know I've been right behind your back on this issue [or maybe even ahead: doesn't matter at all]

But I tend to disagree on this particular point of Yours:
imo, I see Kompany's contribution to the building of Stones confidence and overall awareness of his qualities, as probably the last worth contribution to MCFC, instead.
Always thought Stones lack of confidence, even more than the tag price burden, has been main cause of him failing to live up to expectations untill this season: the fact that he had the opportunity to play alongside Kompany for more than a couple of games in a row, and look first hand at Vincent positional awareness and leadership of the defensive pack helped big time, imho again.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...


In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
User avatar
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 am
Location: On the Edge of Insanity
Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?


hopefully.
Sideshow Bob
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5072
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:VK will be a last resort player for us or he will come on as a sub when we are 10 nil up - other than that , he will never get into our starting line up IMO.


I agree with the last bit - for now. I would not leave Stones or Otamendi out for him at the moment. They are playing very well and forming a good understanding.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10999
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFKAE, Bear60, Bluedj, BlueinBosnia, carolina-blue, edge275, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, iwasthere2012, johnny crossan, johnnyondioline, King_Tueart, Lev Bronstein, Mase, Nigels Tackle, nottsblue, Renato_CTID, South Stand Balti, Yukscore and 131 guests