Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby blues2win » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:41 pm

You can't blame Vinny for wanting one last World Cup. He got a knock in the Gibraltar and was kept on for the 90 even though Belgium inevitably slaughtered them. Quite wrong. Should have come straight off.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:55 pm

blues2win wrote:You can't blame Vinny for wanting one last World Cup. He got a knock in the Gibraltar and was kept on for the 90 even though Belgium inevitably slaughtered them. Quite wrong. Should have come straight off.

no i'm not having that. he played on because he chose to play on. if you recall, he had no f*cking problem walking straight off the pitch and down the tunnel when he felt a tiny niggle against swansea last season, did he??? sorry but f*ck him and his "patriotism.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:It's a Greek tragedy but a calf not a heel...

"I am sad. The last seven eight, nine games last season he played no problem. Pre-season, we took care of him and he played all three games. Now, unfortunately, we've lost him, but we will try and get him fit as soon as possible.

"The window is over. We thought we might need another one but we have Mangala, and Tosin and other players who can play that position."

So Tosin stays?

It would seem his calf is his Achilles Heel JC ;)

I was tempted to use the parable of the fatted calf but didn't want to excite the pagan instincts on here. :D
It's odd in a way that Pep didn't include Stones as someone who can play Vinny's position - maybe he is not seen as bringing the strength and aerial power of Eli and Tosin.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:38 pm

bigblue wrote:SWE, it's a bit funny how you take such offense that you feel I'm making you out to be a BRAGGER... only to go on and list a bunch of times over the last 8 years that you've "shed unrecognized lights on major topics".

Swales4ever wrote:In order to bring some relief to IWT troubles, I am glad to acknowledge the involuted character of my poetry: it affects most of my conversartions in any language, including my mother tongue: it is said to happen to most of the people who spend a life reading ponderous essays and docs: kinda professional bias/desease, if you like.

@ Big Fella. I promise to take a very long break befeore You will "honored by my future unpredictable and erratic appearance at particular times". should I happen to feel the need, I will breath and go for a shower, instead.
I suggest to engage the braintrust at your pub, with the task to scramble for something new to take the piss on me.

Mate, why didn't you just admit this years ago? Every other time you've responded to this issue you've refused to admit the obvious, gotten ultra defensive, and called people xenophobes or bigots. It helps to know that you are at least aware of your strange way of posting. Cheers

After engaging with my local braintrust,

we've come up with a humble suggestion. If you try to dumb down the way you write, you'll be able to communicate a lot more effectively. That's not to say that I want you to go away or change (since your last post was a sight to behold). But trying to cram so many different thoughts, caveats, and modifiers into each sentence makes it almost impossible to follow your line of thinking. Especially when your references are all over the map and your grammar is a bit unconventional (to say the least). If people can understand you better, you'll have more time to focus on what you're trying to say, rather than dealing with people who have no fucking clue of what you're on about. Plus, speaking in a more concise way should be an easy task for such a learned gentleman as yourself.

----------

On a different note, I'd like to vote this to be the new tagline for mancityfans.net:

A cultural cyber-venue for people genuinely interested to enlarge their knowledge on a given branch of (Manchester City) topics.

That's fair enough, Big.
for what's worth, you and the pub clique have grown Big-(g)er in my esteem.

Just a couple of side - non confronting - notes, tho:

1. might be biased (either profesionally and actually) but enforcing a point isnt bragging in my books.

2. poetry is a gift that cant be educated,imho.
think the likes of MC or JC would easily have always the better of me, when it comes to reasoning in rhythmic structured rhymes. no matter what language is involved.
given the context, I was going to dare a football analogy: but then sprung to mind the memory of Nils Liedholm, having Francesco Graziani bouncing the ball from his feet half a yard off a concrete wall, week after week. by the end of the season, Graziani's first touch was magnificent.

3. I never, ever enlisted to run a narrative contest. always claimed my vocabulary is getting lousy since I no longer(it's about a dacede, sadly) live and work alongside the much maligned cockneys. and not to mention my memory fading to shite.
I always, and only, protested the weird thing that here seems to be the only place on earth where I am not able to verbally interact with English speakers.

4. Dickens would harldly write me in the gentlemen list.
look no further than Alex Sapphire or the Chessmaster, to that: Dunnyland is also fast pacing down the path of his highly commendable dad.
I rather see myself a different kind of Carl, only carrying a pen instead of a Beretta (ops, sorry, a Walther PPK)

5. And for all the "race purists" (which surely you are NOT), I never claimed higher quarters of Bluehood, than those who were always been here, through thick and thin.
I may have been occasionally taken to Maine Rd. by my grandad (Allison/Mercer era) and much later by my then girlfriend (Reid to Ball), but I always stated to be just a simphatizer at the time.
Still, questioning my passion for the Blues, just because of my "bastardhood", is plain silly.
unless you are Mase on a fishing expedition, of course.

=================================

now... back to original topic.

Do we are weakned, when Kompany put his Country and his ego ahead of his Employer, and gets injured in meaningless games?
Sure we do. [please refer to Carl's more entertaining post above, for expanded thought on that]
Do we are in trouble when that occurs?
Bullshit!
we all have being exercising in pointing out what a massing improvement our new, luxury FBs, will bring to our defensive face.
to claim that without Kompany our back is still the liability that was last season, it's just a nostalgic excercise of Typical City, imo.

Am very confident going into the clash with the dippers, even with Kompany missing out, their defence is worse than ours.
So are all other depts, of course.
I can even see a ppositive there:
as someone intelligently noted elsewhere, Kompany would have been probably next in the PiGMOLes hunt for City red cards.

I just only wish Pep would come up with a pleasant surprise, for a change, and start YaYa at the back, possibly 4, with Walker, Stones and super-Duper Benjy.
and please none come up with the Yaya's slow nonsense. so also are Kompany and Otamendi, who also happened to be back from an intercontinental flight and some serious jetlag. But Kyle, John and Benjy are fast enough to cope.
Just cant see that happening, though, and it's a shame, cause it will also help to acomodate Gundo when his time will finally come.

Best chuckle of week award:

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:We need to start fast,play with pace & intensity,and press

them when they have the ball.

Their defence is weaker than ours & their midfield can't hold a candle to ours.

We will make chances.......we simply have to take them.

I think they will be pretty good at holding candles, tbh

but am confident there too: traditional Mancunian showers will help to keep all those candles galore in check :lol:

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby sheblue » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:27 pm

blues2win wrote:You can't blame Vinny for wanting one last World Cup. He got a knock in the Gibraltar and was kept on for the 90 even though Belgium inevitably slaughtered them. Quite wrong. Should have come straight off.

Fuck sake didn't realise he even played against gibraltar (Don't follow internationals) What the fuck was he doing playing in that game.
100% Stupid. The manager of Belgium whoever that is must be a right thick cunt.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 pm

sheblue wrote:

Fuck sake didn't realise he even played against gibraltar (Don't follow internationals) What the fuck was he doing playing in that game.

It's Roberto Martinez.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dunnylad » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:50 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
sheblue wrote:

It's Roberto Martinez.

To think at one point he was even mentioned in exhalted circles as being one of our next managers
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Dunnylad » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:54 pm

In response to S4E and the on topic element I forget now but where did YaYa play for Barca was it that centre half role? I'd be worried about his legs but if VK is out for more than a couple of weeks then the decision not to strengthen is somewhat as myopic as letting your full backs turn mid30s without replacement.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:18 am

Dunnylad wrote:In response to S4E and the on topic element I forget now but where did YaYa play for Barca was it that centre half role? I'd be worried about his legs but if VK is out for more than a couple of weeks then the decision not to strengthen is somewhat as myopic as letting your full backs turn mid30s without replacement.

Rome, may 27th, 2009.
Uefalona 2 - Scum 0
Managers: Pep vs Slur Alex

Barca 4-3-3 with Henry, Etoo & Messi upfront.
not much tracking back, You can guess. only Busquets as cover.
LB was Sylvino, not exactly Mendy's fabric.

As per the Spafia retirement fund, I m with all of you crying out the madness of 200 milions spent in average CBs, nor looking no further than Bonucci, Laporte or the Dipper wannabe.
Still, in such lapse of reason, I claim there is plenty of material to be coached. and Pep is a great coach, if arsed.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby phips » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:20 am

im a noted pessimist so i expect him to basically be out until 2018 which will really make Pep's decision to not go after Gibson or Martinez during the summer look really poor.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Dimples » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:55 am

Vinny has let us down. Club is hisnumber 2 priority. Meaningless game before a really important one, he risks injury and gets caught. WTF

I wish JFE was on board as solid cover.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:36 am

I remember when Micah was getting injury after injury and instead of taking the summer off to recover he went to that stupid Olymipics tournament where Great Britian had their first ever team. He ended up getting injured and my love for the guy went away over night. Vinny's close to this now for me.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:42 am

phips wrote:im a noted pessimist so i expect him to basically be out until 2018 which will really make Pep's decision to not go after Gibson or Martinez during the summer look really poor.

noted
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:30 am

johnny crossan wrote:
phips wrote:im a noted pessimist so i expect him to basically be out until 2018 which will really make Pep's decision to not go after Gibson or Martinez during the summer look really poor.

noted

good. keep this handy so when im wrong/right you can bring it up.
im glad you've volunteered to keep me in check.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:55 pm

All that worry...
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:38 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Scatman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:40 pm

johnny crossan wrote:especially for phips

"for the next few days he will be able to play again." So he'll be fit until midweek?
Scatman

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Scatman wrote:

"for the next few days he will be able to play again." So he'll be fit until midweek?

I took those comments to mean he will be fit for Chelsea.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Scatman wrote:

Smash a hat-trick against WBA and rupture a tendon celebrating.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:16 pm

Called up for Belgium. Of course. He’ll play 90 minutes in both matches against poor opposition and get injured
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum