Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:33 pm

sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:Will you lot quit this massively long and boring posts

my thumb hurts flipping past it all !

Absolutely. What commplete and utter bollocks.

What did i do to deserve this tirade ? :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:35 pm

sheblue wrote:

I thought that bit about the farmer's daughter was good. It was the only bit I understood.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:Another classic thread in the making.

I doth say

What do you mean OD?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:47 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
sheblue wrote:

I thought that bit about the farmer's daughter was good. It was the only bit I understood.

i must have thumbed passed it , remind me.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:05 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I doth say

What do you mean OD?

Hang on Eamonn.... are you telling me my post was the moat cryptic??

:P
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I doth say

What do you mean OD?

Hang on Eamonn.... are you telling me my post was the moat cryptic??

:P

No......
Still not with you.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:00 pm

This thread is helpful in passing an international week, but I think everyone will need to be much briefer come match day ;)
Last edited by Hutch's Shoulder on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Jesus Christ.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Jesus Christ.

At last, someone talking sense. I know exactly where you're coming from with this.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dunnylad » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Jesus Christ.

At last, someone talking sense. I know exactly where you're coming from with this.

With now less than 50% of the Brits regarding themselves as religious I find this twist somewhat poetic, as though in these darkest times and the moments of decipherment we are all drawn to prophesies of what is to come.

As for S4E's post I must confess to have giggled so somewhere in my subterraneous mind it made sense - maybe you are all thinking too hard.

But in summary yes Kompany should retire from international football & someone should have bought a centre half. Although maybe that would have alerted UEFA or La Ligua to investigate if we were raving mad to spend £30m on a shit ex-rag?

Anyway I have just caught up on Twin Peaks this thread makes more sense than that does at times
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby dazby » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:36 pm

I watched the ending of Twin Peaks last night. It feels like I'm still watching.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:59 am

zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:

My BAD, youre absolutely right, Sir!
my ego should not enlarge as much as to command, nor even beg, your tired memory, back to shit you blew
more than a year ago.
Nonetheless, because our relation doesnt provide for a master and servant situation, I can only help you with
the suggestion to track back to our latest exchange, in the imediate aftermath of june 23rd, 2016.
In case you'd bother, you will find yourself engaged in ganging up with some of the usual suspects and stirring
the same "babelfish" shite as the highly esteemed Big fella tried above today.

DISCLAIMER: read only in front of a desktop, if ever bothered.
I wont carry any liability for possible harm caused by frantic thumb scrolling.

Now, if You and your thumbs would oblige to my very antic of only replying to people who earned my respect,
for the VERY LAST TIME, let me take this occasion to help memories out and ease the genuine struggle of IWT mate, because of his relatively late joining.
I find it apt, since Bigblue seems uncapable to let it go down a civilized path and now is trying to paint me as nothing less than a fucking BRAGGER!

The day after MCFC Chairman appointed Roberto Mancini with the task of rescue ADUG's promotional investment on City, before Tw@tini and Gill eventualy succeeded in aborting it through the FFP shite, only workable with non CL established clubs, I felt like time had come to step up my support for City and nurture it into something bigger like a real passion, by joining a fellow Blues fans forum, who would surely had helped.

I was totaly maiden of fans forums then, and didnt have the faintiest clue of that it could be "very different" by my naive notion of an internet forum: a cultural cyber-venue for people genuinely interested to enlarge their knowledge on a given branch of topics.
Accordingly, I made such a big mistake as to introduce myself with what I simply thought was a fair, transparent representation of my bias toward one of my all time favourite footballers: thus I did register on here as mancio4ever.

Such an original sin was, obviously, met "with fire and fury" by the then Sparky widowers, along with a few trade unionists, who genuinelly felt troubled for the dump the then "best young British manager" had suffered in his righteous persue of a fair tale in his post raggish career.

As a result, I had to face an imediate rampage of harrassment that left me bewildered for a little while, as I naively tried to apply to "Global Moderators" and even to "Site Owners", yet led by the silly belief that I had registered into a cultural forum.
Failing that, my very confrontational nature had the better and I felt compelled to fight the bullies back, twice the harder.

Shortcoming was that one of the greatest posters and Global Moderator, now characterized as "Weirdo living into an igloo" felt compelled, for the sake of the greater good I suppose, to find some way to "politely" show me the door: eventually his choice went for trying to bore me off with the "comunication problems", by inventing the automatic translator "joke".
Poor Soul Discoppant could not have known that, while I am very easy to get bored, the least applicable to an eternal Brit wannabe is to question his capability to comunicate in english language.

Ever since, despite the sabbatical I felt the need to take during the tenure of the Kinderheim Entertainer, in order to not spit too much vetriol in the messianic wait, I honestly feel I have contributed to shed unrecognized lights on major topics such as:

playing inverted foot FBs or wingers may often makes sense [aka the Bridgeleftfoot saga];

playing (then) a second holding midfielder in shape of powerhouse Yaya, alongside Bazza or the now vice-captain of the mourning cunts, doesn't equate to negative tactics nor automatically results in negative football [aka the Pics#1 et alias saga];

whenever an organization acts on international markets, and it's financially overboosted, there will always be plenty of ways round any possible financial regulation: thus FFP was always deemed to pose harm to City no more than a geriatric patient would have done to Mohamed Ali in his glorious prime [aka the cabdriving lawyer saga];

Backing the purchase of Hazard, Javi Martinez and Van Pussy would have resulted in the built of a City dinasty, exactly when Gill had fuckall he could have done against, given the comatose state of the s.c. Aristocrats of English Football.
It would have exposed City to almost zero risks of FFP prosecution and calling the manager a greedy checkbook cunt was nonsensical [aka the TedHughes loves the boot_and_gears_seller saga#1];

historically, the DoF model never worked wonders in English football, history and steady glory have always been made by a fortunate blend of a stubborn, visionary manager wisely backed all the way through thick and thin by Illuminati Owners [aka the TedHughes loves the boot_and_gears_seller saga#2];

there was too much smoke behind the engineered dismisal of Mancini, despite the fact that Pep, the ultimate benchmark of football flair, was not available yet. When he eventually came, three years and some half a billion investments later, just to find himself embroiled in a double pair of faded FBs and several holes in shape of average CBs, everyone either here and in AD had to realize it [aka the Swales takes wild exception at the Club's hierarchy saga];
to name few that spring to mind at hand.

Still, some eight years after, every bloody time I feel the need to connect with fellow Blues either to vent some spleen or to share a personal opinion for the sake of City, I am met with the same old annoying barrage from various bullies that even pretend to have entitled grievances at my rebounds.

I most certainly am capable of nasty behaviours, but bragging is definitely not in the inventory.
Yet to understand why, but here is the only place where I felt compelled to show off my background, to counter the silly notion that I cannot comunicate with english speakers.
In order to bring some relief to IWT troubles, I am glad to acknowledge the involuted character of my poetry: it affects most of my conversartions in any language, including my mother tongue: it is said to happen to most of the people who spend a life reading ponderous essays and docs: kinda professional bias/desease, if you like.

Rant over.

@ Big Fella. I promise to take a very long break befeore You will "honored by my future unpredictable and erratic appearance at particular times". should I happen to feel the need, I will breath and go for a shower, instead.
I suggest to engage the braintrust at your pub, with the task to scramble for something new to take the piss on me.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:18 am

Singing the songs that remind me of the best times. This is fucking awesome!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:29 am

^^^^^, thumbtubbed all the way through the last one ...
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:10 am

zuricity wrote:^^^^^, thumbtubbed all the way through the last one ...

Same :roll:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Justified logic » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:57 am

Swales4ever wrote:
zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:

My BAD, youre absolutely right, Sir!
my ego should not enlarge as much as to command, nor even beg, your tired memory, back to shit you blew
more than a year ago.
Nonetheless, because our relation doesnt provide for a master and servant situation, I can only help you with
the suggestion to track back to our latest exchange, in the imediate aftermath of june 23rd, 2016.
In case you'd bother, you will find yourself engaged in ganging up with some of the usual suspects and stirring
the same "babelfish" shite as the highly esteemed Big fella tried above today.

DISCLAIMER: read only in front of a desktop, if ever bothered.
I wont carry any liability for possible harm caused by frantic thumb scrolling.

Now, if You and your thumbs would oblige to my very antic of only replying to people who earned my respect,
for the VERY LAST TIME, let me take this occasion to help memories out and ease the genuine struggle of IWT mate, because of his relatively late joining.
I find it apt, since Bigblue seems uncapable to let it go down a civilized path and now is trying to paint me as nothing less than a fucking BRAGGER!

The day after MCFC Chairman appointed Roberto Mancini with the task of rescue ADUG's promotional investment on City, before Tw@tini and Gill eventualy succeeded in aborting it through the FFP shite, only workable with non CL established clubs, I felt like time had come to step up my support for City and nurture it into something bigger like a real passion, by joining a fellow Blues fans forum, who would surely had helped.

I was totaly maiden of fans forums then, and didnt have the faintiest clue of that it could be "very different" by my naive notion of an internet forum: a cultural cyber-venue for people genuinely interested to enlarge their knowledge on a given branch of topics.
Accordingly, I made such a big mistake as to introduce myself with what I simply thought was a fair, transparent representation of my bias toward one of my all time favourite footballers: thus I did register on here as mancio4ever.

Such an original sin was, obviously, met "with fire and fury" by the then Sparky widowers, along with a few trade unionists, who genuinelly felt troubled for the dump the then "best young British manager" had suffered in his righteous persue of a fair tale in his post raggish career.

As a result, I had to face an imediate rampage of harrassment that left me bewildered for a little while, as I naively tried to apply to "Global Moderators" and even to "Site Owners", yet led by the silly belief that I had registered into a cultural forum.
Failing that, my very confrontational nature had the better and I felt compelled to fight the bullies back, twice the harder.

Shortcoming was that one of the greatest posters and Global Moderator, now characterized as "Weirdo living into an igloo" felt compelled, for the sake of the greater good I suppose, to find some way to "politely" show me the door: eventually his choice went for trying to bore me off with the "comunication problems", by inventing the automatic translator "joke".
Poor Soul Discoppant could not have known that, while I am very easy to get bored, the least applicable to an eternal Brit wannabe is to question his capability to comunicate in english language.

Ever since, despite the sabbatical I felt the need to take during the tenure of the Kinderheim Entertainer, in order to not spit too much vetriol in the messianic wait, I honestly feel I have contributed to shed unrecognized lights on major topics such as:

playing inverted foot FBs or wingers may often makes sense [aka the Bridgeleftfoot saga];

playing (then) a second holding midfielder in shape of powerhouse Yaya, alongside Bazza or the now vice-captain of the mourning cunts, doesn't equate to negative tactics nor automatically results in negative football [aka the Pics#1 et alias saga];

whenever an organization acts on international markets, and it's financially overboosted, there will always be plenty of ways round any possible financial regulation: thus FFP was always deemed to pose harm to City no more than a geriatric patient would have done to Mohamed Ali in his glorious prime [aka the cabdriving lawyer saga];

Backing the purchase of Hazard, Javi Martinez and Van Pussy would have resulted in the built of a City dinasty, exactly when Gill had fuckall he could have done against, given the comatose state of the s.c. Aristocrats of English Football.
It would have exposed City to almost zero risks of FFP prosecution and calling the manager a greedy checkbook cunt was nonsensical [aka the TedHughes loves the boot_and_gears_seller saga#1];

historically, the DoF model never worked wonders in English football, history and steady glory have always been made by a fortunate blend of a stubborn, visionary manager wisely backed all the way through thick and thin by Illuminati Owners [aka the TedHughes loves the boot_and_gears_seller saga#2];

there was too much smoke behind the engineered dismisal of Mancini, despite the fact that Pep, the ultimate benchmark of football flair, was not available yet. When he eventually came, three years and some half a billion investments later, just to find himself embroiled in a double pair of faded FBs and several holes in shape of average CBs, everyone either here and in AD had to realize it [aka the Swales takes wild exception at the Club's hierarchy saga];
to name few that spring to mind at hand.

Still, some eight years after, every bloody time I feel the need to connect with fellow Blues either to vent some spleen or to share a personal opinion for the sake of City, I am met with the same old annoying barrage from various bullies that even pretend to have entitled grievances at my rebounds.

I most certainly am capable of nasty behaviours, but bragging is definitely not in the inventory.
Yet to understand why, but here is the only place where I felt compelled to show off my background, to counter the silly notion that I cannot comunicate with english speakers.
In order to bring some relief to IWT troubles, I am glad to acknowledge the involuted character of my poetry: it affects most of my conversartions in any language, including my mother tongue: it is said to happen to most of the people who spend a life reading ponderous essays and docs: kinda professional bias/desease, if you like.

Rant over.

@ Big Fella. I promise to take a very long break befeore You will "honored by my future unpredictable and erratic appearance at particular times". should I happen to feel the need, I will breath and go for a shower, instead.
I suggest to engage the braintrust at your pub, with the task to scramble for something new to take the piss on me.

Thank you S4E who that has, in this day, and not for tomorrow when all bets are over known when this was for a long time with some doubt and not a little cuddly pig make some people rather think than do what they should have when practicing for Sorry but I think I Haven't done much to give you A Clue.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CrownPointBlue » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:43 am

Is this a City football forum ?
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby mr_nool » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:47 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:Is this a City football forum ?

Your audacity to bring the Cityness of this forum into question shines a light on the briefness of your involvement. Had the duress of your stay been longer, you would not lack knowledge of this internecine argument between Swales, our Italian equivalent of Don Quixote, and - let us be Frank (but not Thaskin) - everyone else. This Crustacean conflict started small, but has grown to behemothian proportions. This latest barrage is but a breeze compared to some of the storms of the past.

I hope that cleared it up for you, mate!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:14 am

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:19 am

CrownPointBlue wrote:Is this a City football forum ?

On occasion it has the propensity for going all One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum