***city v liverpool official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby BookJunior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:44 pm

The FA want more money ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39333531

The cards are stacked against us by UEFA and the FA.
BookJunior
Robinho's Step Over
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm telling you it's edited to suit the brand.

They must think we're children. Reading through some rections on here after the match they're probably right.

Great game fair result. And the highlights reel on sky since proves it.
They've got Gill, pulling strings in Uefa. They've got the Media creaming their pants all over them and haven't twigged that you actually need a football team.
User avatar
Original Dub
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15590
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:The other thing is that sky failed to show the replay of several offside calls......did they only choose to show the ones that were actually offside, I remember Sterling being insensed after one decision....and what do you known...no replay!

Where I sit in the stadium I can see the television monitors on the gantry where the commentators sit. Whenever a call is wrong and goes against us it does not get replayed (particularly off-sides) but any chance of casting an aspersion on us if we score a goal and it is non-stop replays. I can always tell if we've been screwed as sky don't show a replay.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5985
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Scatman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:58 pm

BookJunior wrote:The FA want more money ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39333531

The cards are stacked against us by UEFA and the FA.


And its the first time players have argued with the ref is it? Cunts.
Scatman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3238
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:06 am
Location: Manchester

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:01 pm

I looked at that incident and instantly thought that we'd get charged even though there was no chasing or harrassing from the players, just Dave having a word.

How bad is it when i automatically think that!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32336
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Justified logic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:I'm telling you it's edited to suit the brand.

They must think we're children. Reading through some rections on here after the match they're probably right.

Great game fair result. And the highlights reel on sky since proves it.

Don't have Sky as I wouldn't pay good money for shit so don't know what you mean.
Justified logic
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Our man in the muddle
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Justified logic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:The other thing is that sky failed to show the replay of several offside calls......did they only choose to show the ones that were actually offside, I remember Sterling being insensed after one decision....and what do you known...no replay!

Where I sit in the stadium I can see the television monitors on the gantry where the commentators sit. Whenever a call is wrong and goes against us it does not get replayed (particularly off-sides) but any chance of casting an aspersion on us if we score a goal and it is non-stop replays. I can always tell if we've been screwed as sky don't show a replay.

Is NBCSN owned by News Corp? They didn't show replays either. Anyway, I was under the impression that the footage was shot by a 'camera company' and syndicated, if that's the right word, to the various TV companies to do their own commentary on.
Justified logic
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Our man in the muddle
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby City64 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 pm

This FA charge just about sums it all up for me .

The Premier League Is Bent And The Rag Exec Run FA And Sky Are Bang At It !!!

Anyone notice this pattern of events ........ West Ham at home , Sky go huge on Aguero elbow , Aguero gets 4 game ban from FA . Chelsea at home . Rag cunt ref shafts us big time with a whole host of openly corrupt decisions , game turned on its head and we end up with 9 men on the pitch and both get banned , no punishment on or off the pitch for Chelsea and err was it Sky again covering the game massively editing all the decisions that went against us ??? getting rid of the evidence ??? Oh and now this shit ...... FA charge us , Sky show the game live we get shafted by the officials then Sky "produce" some shit edited footage to "help" the FA charge us for fuck all !!!

and it goes on and on and on and on and on .........................
User avatar
City64
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4502
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Shevington, Etihad , In a bar watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Dimples » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:40 pm

This season has gone to a new level - they are not even trying to hide it anymore.
The script is: get the Rags in the top 4, get City out of the top 4. Use the refs to implement.
It makes no difference if it is obvious. Use Sky(who are driving this agenda) to bury a lot of it by selective replays.
The FA will impose bans on City for the slightest thing, whilst ignoring the Rags thuggery, etc...

A pound to a penny there is a power struggle going on behind closed doors.
Our club Vs. Sky, FA, etc...

Next season will tell who has won.
User avatar
Dimples
Darius Vassell's Composure
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:42 pm

BBC just shown the highlights. No mention of the Penalty. I think this is the chance now for either an acceptance or all guns blazing. The fact a lot of it is on our pitch. Will make it very easy for the club. Here is the DVD take a look and lets go through every incident. The frustration is season long not just the 19/3 where're we see another appalling performance from all officials.Time to tackle the bullies.
Hazy2
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5698
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Based on what transpired on the pitch we were a little lucky to get a point.
Aguero missed alot of chances but that Lallana miss was by far worse and much more of a certain goal.

Draw is probably about right I'd say.


You're mentally challenged

I see tossing around insults is your go-to move.
Care to elaborate where you think i was wrong in my opinion and actually discuss it?


Oh but I've tried to do that before. In fact I called you out 4 times in the same thread when you went missing.

As I've said before, I'm ok with people wanting to learn a new sport.
But you don't seem to want to.

How can you say city were LUCKY yesterday?


Once again you have nothing to say.
They've got Gill, pulling strings in Uefa. They've got the Media creaming their pants all over them and haven't twigged that you actually need a football team.
User avatar
Original Dub
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15590
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Sorry chap. I dont check this website very often during the week. I didn't even see your last post.

City were lucky to get a draw because, as i said, based on what transpired on the pitch (which means everything including ref decisions, whether they were right or wrong) Liverpool had the better chance to earn all 3 points. And by that i mean the Lallana chance.

If youre going to get into poor refereeing and/or hypotheticals then that is an entirely different argument. I specifically said based on what occurred in the match.
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3028
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Dub City » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Sorry chap. I dont check this website very often during the week. I didn't even see your last post.

City were lucky to get a draw because, as i said, based on what transpired on the pitch (which means everything including ref decisions, whether they were right or wrong) Liverpool had the better chance to earn all 3 points. And by that i mean the Lallana chance.

If youre going to get into poor refereeing and/or hypotheticals then that is an entirely different argument. I specifically said based on what occurred in the match.


Surely the best chance was Sterling when he was fouled with a tap in in 6 yard box there for him. Poor referring is not a different argument at all in this case.
Dub City
Darius Vassell's Composure
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:09 am

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby mr_nool » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 pm

KdB hitting the post was a half decent chance as well...
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19751
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:17 pm

As was aguero's point blank miss.

No, I don't get your opinion on this at all saul goodman.

Even the pundits admitted afterwards that we had the better chances.

Include the fact that we should have had a penalty and they would have been down to ten men and you could all but guarantee a hiding after that.

Now, please explain why you think we were lucky again?
They've got Gill, pulling strings in Uefa. They've got the Media creaming their pants all over them and haven't twigged that you actually need a football team.
User avatar
Original Dub
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15590
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Dub City wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Sorry chap. I dont check this website very often during the week. I didn't even see your last post.

City were lucky to get a draw because, as i said, based on what transpired on the pitch (which means everything including ref decisions, whether they were right or wrong) Liverpool had the better chance to earn all 3 points. And by that i mean the Lallana chance.

If youre going to get into poor refereeing and/or hypotheticals then that is an entirely different argument. I specifically said based on what occurred in the match.


Surely the best chance was Sterling when he was fouled with a tap in in 6 yard box there for him. Poor referring is not a different argument at all in this case.

Sterling had his foot kicked away from the ball as he was about to tap it in (didn't see it myself in realtime, only when Souness pointed it out and they replayed it at halftime) - KDB hit the upright - I'd say both of those were better chances than an average player making an unforced error. He was probably thinking of his next Nivea pay cheque when he missed.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
User avatar
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16194
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:51 pm

Dub City wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Sorry chap. I dont check this website very often during the week. I didn't even see your last post.

City were lucky to get a draw because, as i said, based on what transpired on the pitch (which means everything including ref decisions, whether they were right or wrong) Liverpool had the better chance to earn all 3 points. And by that i mean the Lallana chance.

If youre going to get into poor refereeing and/or hypotheticals then that is an entirely different argument. I specifically said based on what occurred in the match.


Surely the best chance was Sterling when he was fouled with a tap in in 6 yard box there for him. Poor referring is not a different argument at all in this case.

Re-read both of my posts, man.
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3028
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:54 pm

Original Dub wrote:No, I don't get your opinion on this at all saul goodman.

Include the fact that we should have had a penalty and they would have been down to ten men and you could all but guarantee a hiding after that

Well you dont understand my opinion and I don't understand yours. Guess that's that.

And there you go again with hypotheticals. Shoudlve had a penalty. Wouldve been a hiding.
My post clearly and plainly stated based on what happened on the pitch. On the pitch the penalty wasnt given. On the pitch they had 11 men.
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3028
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 pm

I understand pal, that's why the majority of us were not too down hearted when the final whistle blew... Despite the poor decisions for penalties against us Liverpool could very much have won that game under the same constraints
User avatar
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: bored at work
Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Justified logic » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
Dub City wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Sorry chap. I dont check this website very often during the week. I didn't even see your last post.

City were lucky to get a draw because, as i said, based on what transpired on the pitch (which means everything including ref decisions, whether they were right or wrong) Liverpool had the better chance to earn all 3 points. And by that i mean the Lallana chance.

If youre going to get into poor refereeing and/or hypotheticals then that is an entirely different argument. I specifically said based on what occurred in the match.


Surely the best chance was Sterling when he was fouled with a tap in in 6 yard box there for him. Poor referring is not a different argument at all in this case.

Re-read both of my posts, man.

But yours is a hypothetical as well: "better chance [Lallana's] to earn all 3 points".

A goal scored at any time during the match would have changed the game from then on. As Aguero's chance was the last good one of the game, City were unlucky to not go into the final minutes with a 2-1 lead. What would have happened after that would also be hypothetical - for instance, Liverpool may have scored two quick goals and won 2-3.
Justified logic
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Our man in the muddle
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron bond, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Chopper, CuteMancs, dazby, Feed The Goat, freshie, gmercer1, johnny crossan, kinsey, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mase, MUS, Nigels Tackle, PeterParker, Sideshow Bob, South Stand Balti, Yahoo Slurp [Bot] and 60 guests