***city v liverpool official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Mase wrote:Are we still pretending Clichy is a better defender than Kolarov. Or can we dispel that myth now?

Well, he did play the ball for the scouse gift "penalty". I am not saying that makes him intrinsically better than Kolarov, but Clichy did nothing wrong today to warrant special criticism.

Kolarov wasn't playing so I can't really talk about him today. I see no reason why it has got to be a competition between the two anyway.

Basically with the ridiculous level of refereeing like we have seen today, it makes it very tough for all of our defenders to actually make proper tackles (in the same way the opposition are allowed to) without giving free kicks away and getting yellow cards.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10376
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:07 am

lovecity8utd wrote:Just home in South Wales after enduring train ride home and scousers harping on about their istree - which they confirmed to be defined as the number of pots they've won, the glory hunter scum bags. Can't get why we don't like Milner and also said they hate sterling cos he left for more money! Sickos the lot of them and pissed off that we were robbed in another game.

Whereabouts you from in S Wales ?
I'm a swansea, man city fan !
Last edited by Sparklehorse on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: Swansea
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:24 am

Original Dub wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Based on what transpired on the pitch we were a little lucky to get a point.
Aguero missed alot of chances but that Lallana miss was by far worse and much more of a certain goal.

Draw is probably about right I'd say.


You're mentally challenged

I see tossing around insults is your go-to move.
Care to elaborate where you think i was wrong in my opinion and actually discuss it?
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:25 am

Original Dub wrote:It should never have to be like that but it's getting worse. To watch these terrible decisions and how they affect the team's momentum in each game is hard enough, but then to have the media sweep it away like it didn't really affect the outcome of the game is just sickening.

The first thing martin tyler said after the break was that the incident was too hard to see in real time and that it was really sterling's fault anyway "for not being more aggressive towards the ball".

Then the papers tomorrow will focus on the "pure entertainment" of it all.

And meanwhile we have been raped on our own ground by officials against the last three of our main rivals. In each case the officials directly affected the outcome of the game and instead of 9 points against chelsea, spurs and liverpool we got fucking TWO.

But it's ok, they were all very entertaining. And isn't that the most important thing.

We've to listen to discussions in the media week in, week out about the big gap between city and chelsea and wondering how it happened.
And they pander out every reason except the bizarre decisions that turned each game completely on its head.

Twilight Zone


Great post.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:57 am

Miner red card and pen
Deffo pen against tottingham not given
Red card for sideshow bob Chelski not given and two red card against us
Now tell me if there is an agenda especially in the big games
I will be adding another one to the list when the regs come calling.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
User avatar
dick dastardley
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:14 pm
Location: city of manchester where else !!!

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:43 am

If the club don't do something about the treatment we're getting - and I don't mean Pep saying he's never had referees like this ever, the club speaking with the FA and asking them why we're treated so badly - I won't be renewing next season. Not wasting money to watch us cheated out of mates. No chance.
Image
User avatar
Mase
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13737
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby lovecity8utd » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:49 am

Sparklehorse wrote:
lovecity8utd wrote:Just home in South Wales after enduring train ride home and scousers harping on about their istree - which they confirmed to be defined as the number of pots they've won, the glory hunter scum bags. Can't get why we don't like Milner and also said they hate sterling cos he left for more money! Sickos the lot of them and pissed off that we were robbed in another game.

Whereabouts you from in S Wales ?
I'm a swansea, man city fan !


I'm newport.
lovecity8utd
Darius Vassell's Composure
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:12 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:54 am

Mase wrote:If the club don't do something about the treatment we're getting - and I don't mean Pep saying he's never had referees like this ever, the club speaking with the FA and asking them why we're treated so badly - I won't be renewing next season. Not wasting money to watch us cheated out of mates. No chance.


Pep had a meeting with Mike Riley earlier in the year, that doesn't happen without the club's say so. What else can we do mate?
Foreverinbluedreams
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5533
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:If the club don't do something about the treatment we're getting - and I don't mean Pep saying he's never had referees like this ever, the club speaking with the FA and asking them why we're treated so badly - I won't be renewing next season. Not wasting money to watch us cheated out of mates. No chance.


Pep had a meeting with Mike Riley earlier in the year, that doesn't happen without the club's say so. What else can we do mate?

Our players could stop shaking hands with the bent bastards at the end of games. Even Taylor had our shower of shite walking over and shaking his hand at the end of the Chavski game.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5832
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:If the club don't do something about the treatment we're getting - and I don't mean Pep saying he's never had referees like this ever, the club speaking with the FA and asking them why we're treated so badly - I won't be renewing next season. Not wasting money to watch us cheated out of mates. No chance.


Pep had a meeting with Mike Riley earlier in the year, that doesn't happen without the club's say so. What else can we do mate?

Our players could stop shaking hands with the bent bastards at the end of games. Even Taylor had our shower of shite walking over and shaking his hand at the end of the Chavski game.


I take your point but a failure to do it would likely make matters worse I'd imagine.
Foreverinbluedreams
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5533
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:If the club don't do something about the treatment we're getting - and I don't mean Pep saying he's never had referees like this ever, the club speaking with the FA and asking them why we're treated so badly - I won't be renewing next season. Not wasting money to watch us cheated out of mates. No chance.


Pep had a meeting with Mike Riley earlier in the year, that doesn't happen without the club's say so. What else can we do mate?

Our players could stop shaking hands with the bent bastards at the end of games. Even Taylor had our shower of shite walking over and shaking his hand at the end of the Chavski game.


I take your point but a failure to do it would likely make matters worse I'd imagine.


It cannot get any worse.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19049
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:If the club don't do something about the treatment we're getting - and I don't mean Pep saying he's never had referees like this ever, the club speaking with the FA and asking them why we're treated so badly - I won't be renewing next season. Not wasting money to watch us cheated out of mates. No chance.


Pep had a meeting with Mike Riley earlier in the year, that doesn't happen without the club's say so. What else can we do mate?

Our players could stop shaking hands with the bent bastards at the end of games. Even Taylor had our shower of shite walking over and shaking his hand at the end of the Chavski game.


I take your point but a failure to do it would likely make matters worse I'd imagine.


It cannot get any worse.


I would stop the game pick up the ball and refuse to carry on until the bent twats get it, complete piss take, some fooker has to place the ball on the spot, The liner cheated all game and gave us cheap throw in's in the 2nd half. Oliver, Dean, the rag twat from Alty- lying twat he is need a video of there piss taking, Cheatenburg he is the one, offer that twat a few quid he would sing like a canary. Milner the ref and lino its CHEATING.
Hazy2
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5544
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Felt a bit dirty betting against us ;) . 3/1 Liverpool was just too tempting.

I was more than happy to cash out when Liverpool when 1-0 up because I thought we looked the better side and might go on to win.

At least we turned up yesterday. Put a good shift in. I expected the Candle wavers out the blocks like a Greyhound. Instead it was us. You couldn’t fault our commitment yesterday, big improvement on that abomination of a first half against Monaco.
zabbadabbado
Superman's Underpants
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:42 pm
Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: zabletta

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Based on what transpired on the pitch we were a little lucky to get a point.
Aguero missed alot of chances but that Lallana miss was by far worse and much more of a certain goal.

Draw is probably about right I'd say.


You're mentally challenged

I see tossing around insults is your go-to move.
Care to elaborate where you think i was wrong in my opinion and actually discuss it?


Oh but I've tried to do that before. In fact I called you out 4 times in the same thread when you went missing.

As I've said before, I'm ok with people wanting to learn a new sport.
But you don't seem to want to.

How can you say city were LUCKY yesterday?
They've got Gill, pulling strings in Uefa. They've got the Media creaming their pants all over them and haven't twigged that you actually need a football team.
User avatar
Original Dub
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15371
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Mase wrote:Are we still pretending Clichy is a better defender than Kolarov. Or can we dispel that myth now?


No were not saying that. We're saying they are both shit.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4608
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Dub City » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:26 pm

And now we have been charged by FA for failing to control the players in the game. Thought they were quite controlled not wripping that prick Olivers head off
Dub City
Darius Vassell's Composure
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:09 am

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Justified logic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Dub City wrote:And now we have been charged by FA for failing to control the players in the game. Thought they were quite controlled not wripping that prick Olivers head off

Have United been charged again for this weekends crowding also?
Justified logic
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Our man in the muddle
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Justified logic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Dub City wrote:And now we have been charged by FA for failing to control the players in the game. Thought they were quite controlled not wripping that prick Olivers head off

Have United been charged again for this weekends fracas also?
Justified logic
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Our man in the muddle
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 pm

FA charge for city. No bias. Carry on
They've got Gill, pulling strings in Uefa. They've got the Media creaming their pants all over them and haven't twigged that you actually need a football team.
User avatar
Original Dub
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15371
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:42 pm

The other thing is that sky failed to show the replay of several offside calls......did they only choose to show the ones that were actually offside, I remember Sterling being insensed after one decision....and what do you known...no replay!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: Swansea
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], CTID Hants, fangsanalsatan, Feed The Goat, Google [Bot], Michigan Blue, MSNbot Media, MUS, Peter Doherty (AGAIG), steelsnail and 35 guests