***city v liverpool official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Justified logic » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Based on what transpired on the pitch we were a little lucky to get a point.
Aguero missed alot of chances but that Lallana miss was by far worse and much more of a certain goal.

Draw is probably about right I'd say.

You're mentally challenged

Hey now! That's enough of that. Just because someone has a different opinion there's no need to insult their intelligence.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Isn't Oliver the guy that denied Aguero a pen at Wembley last year. I'm pissed off with the serial cheating but happy with a point following Wednesday's disappointment. I feel strangely relieved as I didn't think we would be allowed to get a point.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:45 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Pen and red card = game over.

Fed up

Of course. And we have people on this very thread saying it was total entertainment and the way it should be.

We were robbed again today. Why anyone would want to disregard that and say it was a fair result is beyond me.

It's bad enough watching them do it on sky

I agree with you most of the time. We don't get enough calls. It stinks. But can you please fucking atop with the "people on this site" nonsense. You mention it in every fucking post, like it would make your standpoint more valid.

Oliver had a shocker today, but it was still a very entertaining game and IMO a draw was a fair result (Wijnaldum could also have had a penalty after Yaya's clumsy challenge). If you take off you tin foil hat, you might enjoy a game or two as well.

Fuck off you little imp - I point out facts and I'm the one with a tin foil hat?

I enjoy games that are reffed properly. That way the best team wins.

You keep on enjoying games where the rules keep changing if you like. That's up to you. But don't fucking pass comment on my reaction each time we get fucked over just because you want to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend it's ok.
Last edited by Original Dub on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:45 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Isn't Oliver the guy that denied Aguero a pen at Wembley last year. I'm pissed off with the serial cheating but happy with a point following Wednesday's disappointment. I feel strangely relieved as I didn't think we would be allowed to get a point.

Oliver will be getting bollocked for that now as we speak.

"How the hell did you allow them to get a point?!"

"But sir, I disallowed all their penalty claims and there was only one tackle in City's box!"

"Well couldn't you have sent one of their players off randomly for a tackle in the middle of the park?"

"I didn't want my corruption to be that obvious sir!"
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 pm

Pep just said he has never seen refereeing like he has this season.

Take off your tin foil hat pep.
Original Dub

Postby Dub City » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:Pep just said he has never seen refereeing like he has this season.

Today, Spurs and Chelsea at home and ref has ignored penalties and red cards in two of them and red card for Luiz in other one. I'm sure sky or the sun will wheel out an offside decision at 4-0 up that went our way but don't try and say these things balance themselves out.

Yes we missed enough chances to win a couple of games but nobody can deny the ref has influenced our season in a massive way. I fully expect the same against rags at home and at Arsenal next time out
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Definitely can't fault the workrate and commitment. Some players looked tired but still gave it all.

It was important not to lose after wed. But to be robbed of creating more daylight between us and the chasing pack, from a referee yet again, won't gloss over that.

Poxy international break now too.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Are we still pretending Clichy is a better defender than Kolarov. Or can we dispel that myth now?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Dub City wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Pep just said he has never seen refereeing like he has this season.

Today, Spurs and Chelsea at home and ref has ignored penalties and red cards in two of them and red card for Luiz in other one. I'm sure sky or the sun will wheel out an offside decision at 4-0 up that went our way but don't try and say these things balance themselves out.

Yes we missed enough chances to win a couple of games but nobody can deny the ref has influenced our season in a massive way. I fully expect the same against rags at home and at Arsenal next time out

Well at this stage it would be nothing other than niaive not to fully expect the same again.

It's not paranoia based, it's experienced based. There's nothing I love more than a hard fought game where the ref played little part in the outcome but there's not a lot of those lately.

Not sure if anyone was watching, but sky closed off the programme with

"Perhaps football was the real winner in this one"

Honestly.
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Dub City wrote:

Well at this stage it would be nothing other than niaive not to fully expect the same again.

It's not paranoia based, it's experienced based. There's nothing I love more than a hard fought game where the ref played little part in the outcome but there's not a lot of those lately.

Not sure if anyone was watching, but sky closed off the programme with

"Perhaps football was the real winner in this one"

Honestly.

If this season was reevaluated with genuine unbiased refereeing decisions I think the difference in results and table positions would be absolutely astounding. Like shockingly so.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby mr_nool » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Pen and red card = game over.

Fed up

Of course. And we have people on this very thread saying it was total entertainment and the way it should be.

We were robbed again today. Why anyone would want to disregard that and say it was a fair result is beyond me.

It's bad enough watching them do it on sky

I agree with you most of the time. We don't get enough calls. It stinks. But can you please fucking atop with the "people on this site" nonsense. You mention it in every fucking post, like it would make your standpoint more valid.

Oliver had a shocker today, but it was still a very entertaining game and IMO a draw was a fair result (Wijnaldum could also have had a penalty after Yaya's clumsy challenge). If you take off you tin foil hat, you might enjoy a game or two as well.

Fuck off you little imp - I point out facts and I'm the one with a tin foil hat?

I enjoy games that are reffed properly. That way the best team wins.

You keep on enjoying games where the rules keep changing if you like. That's up to you. But don't fucking pass comment on my reaction each time we get fucked over just because you want to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend it's ok.

So you didn't enjoy the game tonight at all? That's your loss. I'm still tired of the "there's people on this site" bullshit. Just say that the game was fixed and be over with it. You don't have to bring up other people's opinions every time you do. That's either trying to validate your own opinion by discrediting other's or being unnecessarily (and passive aggressively aimlessly) confrontational. If you want to call someone out, just do it instead of hiding behind "some people".

And imp? Seriously?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Can I also say, big Willy yet again was class. Couldn't have changed my opinion more on him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Story of the season missing chance, after chance. Aguero is averaging a goal every 7 Shots according to statistics. That simply is not good enough. To be fair he isn’t on his own either, KDB, Silva, Fernadinho, have all missed sitters this season.

To be honest I was convinced we would lose today, a point is a good result from my perspective.

Confession time ;) I had £100.00 on the Bin dippers to win at 3/1.

I cashed out soon as red scouse scored. I thought we were the better side, and would go on to win. Bet Paid out £212,63.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby mr_nool » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Mase wrote:Can I also say, big Willy yet again was class. Couldn't have changed my opinion more on him.

Totally agree. Good with his feet today and made some proper first keeper saves.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:25 pm

edge275 wrote:I'm on the edge of my seat for the next tranche of big refereeing decisions against arsenal next Sunday. Who'll get sent off? Who'll get penalties? Give the referee a coin and let him toss it. Although he may have a coin with heads on each side and he gets to call for it.

A lot of this bullshit is coming across pre meditated.

do keep up, its now 2 weeks away England play next weekend
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Mase wrote:Can I also say, big Willy yet again was class. Couldn't have changed my opinion more on him.
When you have watched Bravo for a while,it is strange watching a keeper using his hands to make a save :D :D :D .

He was good today.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Mase wrote:Are we still pretending Clichy is a better defender than Kolarov. Or can we dispel that myth now?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:Are we still pretending Clichy is a better defender than Kolarov. Or can we dispel that myth now?

They're both worse than Milner at left back, I'm afraid. And that's painful to admit.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:37 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

They're both worse than Milner at left back, I'm afraid. And that's painful to admit.

Milner had a poor game today in my opinion. Loved that he was getting smashed after the ball had gone a lot.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

That is absolute bollocks

No way , ever, EVER is Milner a left back.

The fact is , because he can not cut it in midfield, they have to push him to play in the defense. Captain because he speaks English. Henderson can't read , so who else have they got ??
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum