John Stones

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: John Stones

Postby Bluedj » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:09 am

I heard in commentary during the Burnley match, “Look at how many more options John Stones has to pass to for Man City as opposed to England to pass the ball out”

That said it all and hey may struggle in the England team, because England are not on the same level as City

I also feel Stones has increased his muscle mass, he’s definitely stronger this season and now doesn’t get pushed off the ball. He’s certainly growing into a fine footballing defender
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby daveh1962 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:30 am

Dameerto wrote:Still makes a dodgy pass attempt every now and then BUT he is a player who is looking to start attacks with his passing (I get the feeling Pep has been working with him as part of our total football approach), and some of the moves he starts can more than make up for giving the ball away occasionally. Pleased with his defending this season too when called upon.

John Stones has the past passing statistics in the whole of the premier league at 96.7% the next nearest is at 93.6 so I am not sure where these dodgy passes are going. He hardly ever gives the ball away
daveh1962
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:27 pm

daveh1962 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Still makes a dodgy pass attempt every now and then BUT he is a player who is looking to start attacks with his passing (I get the feeling Pep has been working with him as part of our total football approach), and some of the moves he starts can more than make up for giving the ball away occasionally. Pleased with his defending this season too when called upon.

John Stones has the past passing statistics in the whole of the premier league at 96.7% the next nearest is at 93.6 so I am not sure where these dodgy passes are going. He hardly ever gives the ball away

I assume you watched out last game - try watching it again. You are familiar with the phrase "every now and then" I assume? It means occasionally (which is another word that I used towards the end of my post), as in not often - so your very helpful stats of 96.7% support my point.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Dameerto wrote:
daveh1962 wrote:

I assume you watched out last game - try watching it again.

Even Barca and RM make one mistaken pass a game mate (at the back ) - its inevitable.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
daveh1962 wrote:

Even Barca and RM make one mistaken pass a game mate (at the back ) - its inevitable.

Not sure why he's disputing what I wrote - even his own stats prove my point - and the point wasn't an attack on Stones either, just an observation (and more to do with the way Pep has almost certainly asked him to play)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Shakermaker90 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:33 pm

He's come on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months. Sure he'll have a few 'mares now and again; that misplaced back pass at Leicester away last season was embarrassing for him, but to be fair the rest of the goals we conceded that day weren't entirely his fault. We're seeing him play with confidence and he's making the right decision more often than not now. When Pep was talking about him having massive 'balls' he was on to something and you can see that in the way that nothing phases him, he handles pressure well. Plus he's starting to add headed goals to his game this season - which is amazing considering we've been the team that takes the worst corners in the league for the past few seasons.
If he carries on, I can see him being our captain one day.
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Dameerto wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
daveh1962 wrote:

Not sure why he's disputing what I wrote - even his own stats prove my point.

Do you reckon they actually practise losing the ball at the back in training ? What to do if A happens ? B happens ? etc.....or maybe i've been watching too many Mission impossible movies )))
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:58 pm

I'm sure they practise for having the ball turn over close to our goal - they looked well drilled in our last game when it happened.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Not sure why he's disputing what I wrote - even his own stats prove my point.

Do you reckon they actually practise losing the ball at the back in training ? What to do if A happens ? B happens ? etc.....or maybe i've been watching too many Mission impossible movies )))

:lol:
not aware of any bookie up to bet against that!
[shit me, I never remember the antinomical word for backing a bet]

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby steelsnail » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:16 pm

https://youtu.be/py3wluMv_a8

Hope link works . Really comes across as a real team player and I love the clip of Pep as well.
steelsnail
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Zabs

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum