John Stones

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: John Stones

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:13 pm

He has been better than I expected tbh and I've liked what I've seen.
Even Maldini and Beckenbauer would have been in trouble playing next to Otters.

It's a big shame that Vinnie is not fit as JS could have learned a lot from him
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:He has been better than I expected tbh and I've liked what I've seen.

Wait a min, vinnie is injured!?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:57 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:He has been better than I expected tbh and I've liked what I've seen.

and how low were your expectations?

His defending and decision making isn't good enough imo. Its cost us points (not all his fault btw). Our whole back line is a shambles and we just spent £50 million on a defender who cant defend at the level required.

I am sick and tired of hearing about players being young and building for the future. Traditionally defenders have cost less and are cheaper to pay because of footballing reasons. For that £50 mil we could have got 2 centre halves that COULD defend much better.

If we had a defence that could defend and a competent keeper from the start, we'd be first or on level with chelsea and have bested Monico.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:43 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:

His defending and decision making isn't good enough imo. Its cost us points (not all his fault btw). Our whole back line is a shambles and we just spent £50 million on a defender who cant defend at the level required.
I am sick and tired of hearing about players being young and building for the future. Traditionally defenders have cost less and are cheaper to pay because of footballing reasons. For that £50 mil we could have got 2 centre halves that COULD defend much better.
If we had a defence that could defend and a competent keeper from the start, we'd be first or on level with chelsea and have bested Monico.

I can visualise your lantern shaped mandible rippling as you wrote that :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:05 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:

Who are these two defenders we could have had for 25m each??
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:38 pm

He got a lot of heat last season, but slowly he is turning into the minister of defence. He became really solid, confident and rarely makes a mistake. It shows how much a good keeper can help you grow.

Still early days, but Stones is the player that impressed me the most so far this season. He stepped up and replaced Vinnie like a proper leader.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:44 pm

PeterParker wrote:He got a lot of heat last season, but slowly he is turning into the minister of defence. He became really solid, confident and rarely makes a mistake. It shows how much a good keeper can help you grow.

Still early days, but Stones is the player that impressed me the most so far this season. He stepped up and replaced Vinnie like a proper leader.

Good call PP.

He looks now as though he has the potential to be THE consumate defender for us.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:54 pm

A lot of the shit he got last season was not justified. It seemed to be a fashionable thing to slag him off. Fucking idiots. It is/was obsious he would progress. But some thick cunts just couldn't get it.
He is still young for a centre back in my book. And he will get better with further experience.
Best young English centre back in decades.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:58 pm

sheblue wrote:A lot of the shit he got last season was not justified. It seemed to be a fashionable thing to slag him off. Fucking idiots. It is/was obsious he would progress. But some thick cunts just couldn't get it.
He is still young for a centre back in my book. And he will get better with further experience.

a few blushes on here now too :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:04 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:A lot of the shit he got last season was not justified. It seemed to be a fashionable thing to slag him off. Fucking idiots. It is/was obsious he would progress. But some thick cunts just couldn't get it.

a few blushes on here now too :lol:

Possibly. But I was more referring to the sheep and parrots in the media. you know these pundit expert types they are either parrots or sheep. Sheep all follow one another and parrots all copy each other. There are loads of them, completely incapable of thinking. They just blurt out a load of old shit they heard some other twat banging on about. The domino affect.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Blackadder » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Always liked him. Aggressive, good feet and a footballing brain. Now coming of age and one of the best defenders in the world. If Smalling or fckning Jones ever get into an England team ahead of him I will sink a toasting fork into my head.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Blackadder wrote:Always liked him. Aggressive, good feet and a footballing brain. Now coming of age and one of the best defenders in the world. If Smalling or fckning Jones ever get into an England team ahead of him I will sink a toasting fork into my head.

Thing is smalling adds the option to play up front as well :lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby patrickblue » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Had another really good game today.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:20 pm

PeterParker wrote:He got a lot of heat last season, but slowly he is turning into the minister of defence. He became really solid, confident and rarely makes a mistake. It shows how much a good keeper can help you grow.

And this season he is mustard...
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dameerto » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 am

Still makes a dodgy pass attempt every now and then BUT he is a player who is looking to start attacks with his passing (I get the feeling Pep has been working with him as part of our total football approach), and some of the moves he starts can more than make up for giving the ball away occasionally. Pleased with his defending this season too when called upon.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:27 am

It is not coincidence that having a consistent back four and goalkeeper produces better performances. They are all looking a lot better.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sidSmith » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:49 am

And what a keeper. Always seems calm and brave as hell coming out and commanding the area. It's funny watching us and Stones this year as the old guard still groan when we play it from the back and can't get away from the days of simply hoofing it upfield to basically hand possession back to the opposition. Yes, occasionally we'll give it away or make a mistake, like v Napoli, but it's one hell of a leap forward and I can live with the odd blip. Like said above, Stones is a huge part of our success.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:57 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:It is not coincidence that having a consistent back four and goalkeeper produces better performances. They are all looking a lot better.

Agreed TB; just hope our current, impressive left back can stay fit.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:It is not coincidence that having a consistent back four and goalkeeper produces better performances. They are all looking a lot better.

something loads of us have been banging on about for fucking years
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:40 pm

In a couple of those pretty always "attempts to make it all about me and never about football"... I expressed how much I am impressed by the consistency and quality of Stones improvement, constantly on show since, imo, finally gaining the proper level of confidence on his qualities, also thanks to early partnership with Kompany early, this season.

I did by willingly using a bold analogy to keiser Franz Beckenbauer style, as I actually found myself thinking of that resemblance a few times.

Think it was Peter Doherty, who rang a bell to me on how that was much premature (of course). and he was right in saying so.

but I cant really help thinking of that this lad has pretty much all in him, leadership and humbleness alltogether included, to consider that, if the stars keep aligning on him as it has gone so far this season, in a couple of years England may probably finds Its next Bobby Moore.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum