International games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: International games

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The Rashford love in is a bit weird isn't it? There is no doubt he is a good player but we really have no idea how good yet as he hasn't been playing much. he came on today and immediately made a dash past one player and then the next one without full control of the ball. I think he did something at pace again which the crowd liked and Hoddle loved but for about 10 minutes everything he did came to nothing as he either overran the ball or his final pass/cross was crap.

But for some reason he had made an impact and was super sub! He did after that make that excellent ball for Vardy to mess up but it seems to me that he flatters to deceive and just isn't the superstar they make him out to be..not yet anyway because there is a talent there.

Would have been interesting if after the stupid booking for the handball he would have been sent off for diving to try and win a penalty.

How many goals has he scored this season? I know he hasn't started that many but neither has another youngster we know of but he scores when he gets chances. Hasn't scored a prem goal since September has he? Why isn't he a regular for the scum if he is a superstar?

Funny enough, I think in order for him to become better, he need to get away from Maureen.

After a really good season last year under Louie, his role was not that important under Mourinho and that is somehow expected looking at the record he had with youngsters at every club he went.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Merlin on against the frogs after 50 minutes - gets clattered within seconds. Scores his 30th goal for Spain from the penalty spot. Old Etonian Splatterface reckons Mbappe is off to Madrid, Bakayoko to the Chavs and Greizmann to the swamp. It's 2-0 another Merlin magic assist.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:20 pm

I am not normally one for liking International football, but what superb news today about the retirement of Shrek. My self imposed exile from watching England since he was made captain could potentially now end, depending on who now gets the armband.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 pm

nottsblue wrote:I am not normally one for liking International football, but what superb news today about the retirement of Shrek. My self imposed exile from watching England since he was made captain could potentially now end, depending on who now gets the armband.

Jordan Village Idiot Henderson is my bet.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:39 pm

mr_nool wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I am not normally one for liking International football, but what superb news today about the retirement of Shrek. My self imposed exile from watching England since he was made captain could potentially now end, depending on who now gets the armband.

Oh dear.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:52 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Or the other dipper, Lalana.

On Shrek, I've seen lots of headlines, but not the one I would have 'Good Riddance'.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:02 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if they try and tempt Carrick out of retirement with the captains armband :lol:
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:17 pm

wgaf,

this lot are crap and the engines will stay running when they fly to russki for the WC ( water closet).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum