***Arsenal v City official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Arsenal v City official match thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:11 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Spurge wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:That performance sums up our entire season,and the last 2 years, all that is wrong.and all that is right. Never has a City side frustrated so much as this current crop of City players. I truly believe we could have gone on and been European Champions, as well having a monopoly of the Premier League title over the last few seasons. We just can’t put a decent shift in for a full 90 minutes.

We should have won titles at a canter, instead we always did just enough. Goal difference , Gerard’s slip . When in reality we should have won both our titles by 10+ points.

Has to be a mentality/attitude problem, it damn sure has not been a talent problem.

Going to be major surgery needed the end of this season. We need a new defence,2 fullbacks, and 2 central midfielders. We have needed these since 2014.

Personally I can’t wait for the season to end, see the back of some of the dead wood. Yaya was a good advert today for walking football. Thanks for the memories Yaya but your time with us is done. Navas has not scored for 3 years 100 + games, he aint the solution when you need to win a game. All that money spent and we have so many players past their sell by dates. VK on the bench when your defence is Dog shit. VK on crutches would have been an improvement.

Enjoy your free season pass Pep. Next season there will no excuses for not beating the worst Arsenal side in living memory. Playing like the season is over at the beginning of April.

I guess you don't remember an arsenal side with the likes of martin Hayes and Ian Allinson in it.
You must be knocking on a bit mate :D :D :D

On a serious note,I grew up on a diet of 4-0,5 - 0,defeats to the Arse.

I think most people born this century would agree with my sentiments ;)

We have to stop going back in time ffs ! This is the here and now and after all the billions we have spent we shouldn't be in the position of having useless cunts in defense !! It's a fuck up of major proportions from the people responsible who hired ottofuckingmendi!!!
We will get absolutely nowhere with clichy or him trying to defend a lead - in just praying we get 4th spot !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:19 pm

City64 wrote:Can the season just hurry the fuck up and finish ASAP , totally underwhelmed with it all . Monaco away and yesterday at the Emirates are prime examples of how shit we are , how we have no fucking leaders on the pitch and how utterly wank our defence is . Pep seriously needs to get his shit together and start convincing a lot of city fans he is the right man for job , huge summer ahead , the spafia and pep have a lot of work to do and it needs to be done right or we are fucked with a capital F !!!

Pretty much agree with this, we have a very important summer coming up, most important since take over. But we need serious quality in most departments, and its going to be impossible to get all we need in one window.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:23 pm

sheblue wrote:
City64 wrote:Can the season just hurry the fuck up and finish ASAP , totally underwhelmed with it all . Monaco away and yesterday at the Emirates are prime examples of how shit we are , how we have no fucking leaders on the pitch and how utterly wank our defence is . Pep seriously needs to get his shit together and start convincing a lot of city fans he is the right man for job , huge summer ahead , the spafia and pep have a lot of work to do and it needs to be done right or we are fucked with a capital F !!!

Pretty much agree with this, we have a very important summer coming up, most important since take over. But we need serious quality in most departments, and its going to be impossible to get all we need in one window.

Not to worry
We will we make Bravo a center half
Bring Joe back and put him at right back
Defense sorted
Then he can buy the 1000 midfielders we
Need
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
phips wrote:Naval starting at RB in a back 4.....

Otter at CB worries me more

I missed this at the time.
Damn. Can't think of another rhyme.

... all would be immaterial if the penalty bolstered our score.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:20 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Not to worry
Defense sorted
Need

If only...
It's impossible to get replacements for Bravo, Zabba, Clichy, Ottamendi, Kolarov, Vinny, Yaya and then buy another striker all in one window.
Some people seem to be thinking it will all fall into place next season... Not until we get the above it won't.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:26 pm

sheblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Not to worry
Defense sorted
Need

If only...
It's impossible to get replacements for Bravo, Zabba, Clichy, Ottamendi, Kolarov, Vinny, Yaya and then buy another striker all in one window.
Some people seem to be thinking it will all fall into place next season... Not until we get the above it won't.

Of course, our main problem is that the Academy players are beyond shite.
Justified logic

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:34 pm

sheblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Not to worry
Defense sorted
Need

If only...

Why another striker? Are you saying that in the event that Aguero goes?

How about

Ederson
Bonnuci
Veratti ( don't know if we're linked but I think we should be )
Gaya
Bellerin

Promote Tosin if he signs a new deal, Maffeo to deputise for Bellerin and Roberts to challenge Sterling?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby aaron bond » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:50 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
sheblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Not to worry
Defense sorted
Need

If only...

How about

Ederson
Bonnuci
Gaya
Bellerin

Promote Tosin if he signs a new deal, Maffeo to deputise for Bellerin and Roberts to challenge Sterling?

I agree with your suggestions regarding the youngsters but what gives you any belief we will give them a chance next season? We haven't bothered to do so in the last 5 years! I wish that wasn't the case though.

We definitely need at least 1 more striker. Lack of goals has been a huge problem for us this season. We've gone from having 4 top strikers to just 1 for most of this season as Pep clearly doesn't fancy Iheanacho and Jesus has hardly played. We need at least 1 more on top of Aguero and Jesus.

Then obviously the whole defence needs changing. I still find it incredible that we've allowed ourselves to require a complete overhaul of goalkeeper and back 4 despite the amount we've spent. Txiki should be the first one out of the door this summer.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Guardiola' faith in young players gives me hope rather than belief.

I don't believe we need a striker unless Aguero goes.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
sheblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Not to worry
Defense sorted
Need

If only...

How about

Ederson
Bonnuci
Gaya
Bellerin

We need 3 strikers, at least, including Aguero.
Not speculating who will and wont come. Of course we will get some of our targets but I cant see us getting enough, not if previous windows are anything to go by. Fact is we have a serious amount of deadwood to shift, we need to replace the above 7 and that's not counting Navas and Sagna, it should be 9.
Given the record to date its hard to have confidence that we will get what we need either from the market or the academy.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:09 pm

You writing Nacho off then mate?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:12 pm

sheblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Not to worry
Defense sorted
Need

If only...

Not sure why this is impossible.

That's 7 players. We have 9 players (I believe) who are out of contract. and some you listed here are do not have their contracts ending, so we may keep one or two of them. I can very well see us keeping one or two of Vinny, Kolarov and Ottamendi as backups, which on our team is the role they are suited for at this moment, so it does not mean we have to buy 1 starter and possibly 2 backups

We also have some on loan that are surely going to be sold (or already are: Jovetic) this summer as well, which means we will have some decent cash incoming from them as well (Nasri, Mangala, Jovetic. Denayer will be sold for something a bit less, as he is still young enough, and Bony may be the only one we won't get much for -- hopefully he goes to China to cover the wage issue)

We will surely at least sign for the first team: 1 LB (starter), 1 RB (starter), 1 CD (starter), 1 GK (probable starter), 1 CM/CDM (backup or starter), 1 AM/WM/ST (backup).

That's 6 players I think are assured to be added. What we do with the rest of the team, including those whose contracts are ending and could stay as backups (Navas, Fernando, Sagna, Willy, Yaya, Kolarov -- I assume Fernandinho is coming back), the younger players on loan/in the team who might make the team (i.e. Garcia, Maffeo, Roberts, Celina, Gunn), and the million pound question -- what we will do with Aguero, is going to determine our other signings.

If we move on Aguero we will surely add another striker/forward/winger type, but we may even go for 1 mega star starter leaving Sterling/Sane/Jesus and the backup to compete with either Aguero and this other star player.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:You writing Nacho off then mate?

I think PeP has.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think PeP has.

It certainly seems that way but I've a feeling he'll get another season to prove his worth with Unal waiting in the wings for the season after should he not stake his claim.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think PeP has.

You beat me to it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:58 pm

PrezIke wrote:
sheblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Not to worry
Defense sorted
Need

If only...

Not sure why this is impossible.

That's 7 players. We have 9 players (I believe) who are out of contract. and some you listed here are do not have their contracts ending, so we may keep one or two of them. I can very well see us keeping one or two of Vinny, Kolarov and Ottamendi as backups, which on our team is the role they are suited for at this moment, so it does not mean we have to buy 1 starter and possibly 2 backups

We also have some on loan that are surely going to be sold (or already are: Jovetic) this summer as well, which means we will have some decent cash incoming from them as well (Nasri, Mangala, Jovetic. Denayer will be sold for something a bit less, as he is still young enough, and Bony may be the only one we won't get much for -- hopefully he goes to China to cover the wage issue)

We will surely at least sign for the first team: 1 LB (starter), 1 RB (starter), 1 CD (starter), 1 GK (probable starter), 1 CM/CDM (backup or starter), 1 AM/WM/ST (backup).

That's 6 players I think are assured to be added. What we do with the rest of the team, including those whose contracts are ending and could stay as backups (Navas, Fernando, Sagna, Willy, Yaya, Kolarov -- I assume Fernandinho is coming back), the younger players on loan/in the team who might make the team (i.e. Garcia, Maffeo, Roberts, Celina, Gunn), and the million pound question -- what we will do with Aguero, is going to determine our other signings.

If we move on Aguero we will surely add another striker/forward/winger type, but we may even go for 1 mega star starter leaving Sterling/Sane/Jesus and the backup to compete with either Aguero and this other star player.

You must take into account the recent transfer windows which have not been great. When you do getting 6-7 top players will be impossible. Unless the Spanish lads get it right....for once
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:39 pm

The post-match presser.

Watch on youtube.com
Justified logic

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Must have been bursting for a piss the way he cleared off at the end of that.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum