***Arsenal v City official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Arsenal v City official match thread***

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Spurge wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:That performance sums up our entire season,and the last 2 years, all that is wrong.and all that is right. Never has a City side frustrated so much as this current crop of City players. I truly believe we could have gone on and been European Champions, as well having a monopoly of the Premier League title over the last few seasons. We just can’t put a decent shift in for a full 90 minutes.

We should have won titles at a canter, instead we always did just enough. Goal difference , Gerard’s slip . When in reality we should have won both our titles by 10+ points.

Has to be a mentality/attitude problem, it damn sure has not been a talent problem.

Going to be major surgery needed the end of this season. We need a new defence,2 fullbacks, and 2 central midfielders. We have needed these since 2014.

Personally I can’t wait for the season to end, see the back of some of the dead wood. Yaya was a good advert today for walking football. Thanks for the memories Yaya but your time with us is done. Navas has not scored for 3 years 100 + games, he aint the solution when you need to win a game. All that money spent and we have so many players past their sell by dates. VK on the bench when your defence is Dog shit. VK on crutches would have been an improvement.

Enjoy your free season pass Pep. Next season there will no excuses for not beating the worst Arsenal side in living memory. Playing like the season is over at the beginning of April.

I guess you don't remember an arsenal side with the likes of martin Hayes and Ian Allinson in it.
You must be knocking on a bit mate :D :D :D

On a serious note,I grew up on a diet of 4-0,5 - 0,defeats to the Arse.

I think most people born this century would agree with my sentiments ;)
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:25 pm

Our inability to pass a ball under little pressure in the midfield put our shaky defense under unnecessary pressure and it cost us the game.

The middle of the park has been a huge let down for me this season. I'm used to our strikers missing sitters and in fairness Sterling has improved a little and Sane is a good addition compared to others. I knew our defense was past it and need d upheaving, but the recent form of Fernandinho and KDB along with the injury to Gundogan and the ageing of Yaya has really hurt to watch. Keeping the ball has been the easy part and that's not been happening, couple that with their lack of real defensive urgency and the shambolic goals total between them and it's quite surprising to me. A lot will be made of the keeper and fullbacks this off season, but it's not the only area in need of surgery in my book.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:25 pm

ThePep haters are interesting to read.

We are playing great football but our players are not executing and have mental lapses that pep has the guts to know need replacing and won't coddle after this season.

Let's see where we are in a year. Personally I think You are wrong to me but each to their own I guess.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby freshie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:SILVA IS EMBARRASSING INFRONT OF GOAL..FUCKIGN EMBARRASSING.

Yeh but the rest of his game more than makes up for it. Leave him alone you bully ;)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
phips wrote:
mr_nool wrote:You can just see on that smug face that Mariner knows exactly what he's doing.

shouldve given a pen there then

Your fucking clueless pal

Just foe the troll
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:57 pm

For me we lost the game in midfield today as we have often done against decent passing teams with just Fernandinho in front of the back 4. Once again Pep got his formation wrong. Not sure whether he is trying to prove the inadequacies of the squad to the board or if he really believes in his incomprehensible utilisation of players (e.g. Navas as a right back). Either way we need a massive overhaul of the squad in the summer starting primarily with the defence. Out go Clichy, Sagna, Otamendi, Kolarov, Bravo, Fernando, Delph, Yaya.

We need to sign a no-nonsense big bollocks centre half to play along Stones, two rapid full backs and a dominating central midfielder and hopefully integrate a few of the youth team players into the first team squad on a regular basis. Our current match day squad has an average age that is far too old and needs reinvigorating with hungry, young players
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:24 pm

zuricity wrote:
phips wrote:
zuricity wrote:I do care that he puts a half baked team out week in week out

given who was available today who would you have had in your 11 instead?

RIP Ted Hughes .....

if youre gonna whine and complain sack up and offer your alternatives.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Michael Brookes » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:37 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Our inability to pass a ball under little pressure in the midfield put our shaky defense under unnecessary pressure and it cost us the game.

The middle of the park has been a huge let down for me this season. I'm used to our strikers missing sitters and in fairness Sterling has improved a little and Sane is a good addition compared to others. I knew our defense was past it and need d upheaving, but the recent form of Fernandinho and KDB along with the injury to Gundogan and the ageing of Yaya has really hurt to watch. Keeping the ball has been the easy part and that's not been happening, couple that with their lack of real defensive urgency and the shambolic goals total between them and it's quite surprising to me. A lot will be made of the keeper and fullbacks this off season, but it's not the only area in need of surgery in my book.

Spot on
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:43 am

Still angry

Was arguing with my best mate after as he said it was a good result and that i was a moaner,,,

There for the taking. As with Stoke.

For me it's the mentality, lack of urgency and fight that is inexcusable.

Apparently this is the worst squad in years. Apparently pep isn't to blame for ignoring the defence and for the players poor mentality.

We don't keep leads. Rather, we switch off EVERY time we score.

Arsenal are shit and we were hammering them until we scored each goal. Yaya was a fat turd but then sterling was pants (do your talking on the pitch).

Season is puttering out cos of shit attitudes. Nobody busting a gut, and happy for shit results. It winds me up so much, world class players mooching about, dropped shoulders etc they looked like they couldn't stand each other - aguero especially
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:47 am

4tj fucking place. This lofty ambition is shared by these Muppets we have for players.

Otamendi is so bad it's criminal. I read that before stones, Mangala and otamendi were the most expensive CB pairing in the world. Mangala shits on otamendi
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Justified logic » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:56 am

Nick wrote:Still angry

Was arguing with my best mate after as he said it was a good result and that i was a moaner,,,

Apparently this is the worst squad in years. Apparently pep isn't to blame for ignoring the defence and for the players poor mentality.

Arsenal are shit and we were hammering them until we scored each goal. Yaya was a fat turd but then sterling was pants (do your talking on the pitch).

Season is puttering out cos of shit attitudes. Nobody busting a gut, and happy for shit results. It winds me up so much, world class players mooching about, dropped shoulders etc they looked like they couldn't stand each other - aguero especially

With all the talk of a big summer clear out is it any wonder there isn't the commitment to the cause that a top title-chasing team should have? And what a stupid, stupid move it was to not use the youths but to send them off to foreign second division teams or leave them on the bench or not even select them for the bench. But we've got great talent in the academy - Guardiola said so - but only in 3 or 4 years time, so only for the next manager and Guardiola can continue buying in expensive mercenaries. He 'got' the commitment of local youths when in Spain, so why does this escape him now? All the other top English teams have had a core of strong British players - and just look at Arsenal and United now.
Justified logic

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:20 am

I agree with your mate.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:28 am

Great post.
Some, well 7 on the field and all of them on the bench, know they're gone in a few weeks, Sergio included. They've got the legion of absurdly expensive loanees to unload as well. It's no wonder most look like they are just going through the motions - thanks Spafia.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:34 am

Ceding control of the game after taking the lead has been this team's MO for years.

Not trying to single him out, but Navas is the football equivalent of one of those oddly unsatisfying compilations on youtube.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:54 am

fangsanalsatan wrote:Ceding control of the game after taking the lead has been this team's MO for years.

Not trying to single him out, but Navas is the football equivalent of one of those oddly unsatisfying compilations on youtube.

Yes, Navas is the problem. He played such a big role in our defence fuckups this season.

Not Bravo, that spastic Otamendi, bent decisions, etc.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:53 am

PeterParker wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:Ceding control of the game after taking the lead has been this team's MO for years.

Yes, Navas is the problem. He played such a big role in our defence fuckups this season.

Not Bravo, that spastic Otamendi, bent decisions, etc.

I didn't say Navas is 'the problem', but his start yesterday reminded me how infuriating it is to watch him. I think it's compounded by the fact that he actually looks like a footballer on the ball, compared to the likes of Clichy or Otamendi. The latter looks more like a stereotype of the overzealous cartoon defender by the day. His flying tackle in the first half yesterday (which missed both ball and player), made me laugh out loud.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:35 am

Navas provided two Stella crosses that aguero wasted. Although, at least aguero was in the box, rather than dropping deep like he's done all year.

Blaming navas at right back is crazy. Otamendi was at fault for both goals.

Did Vinnie travel with Belgium by the way ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:40 am

Can the season just hurry the fuck up and finish ASAP , totally underwhelmed with it all . Monaco away and yesterday at the Emirates are prime examples of how shit we are , how we have no fucking leaders on the pitch and how utterly wank our defence is . Pep seriously needs to get his shit together and start convincing a lot of city fans he is the right man for job , huge summer ahead , the spafia and pep have a lot of work to do and it needs to be done right or we are fucked with a capital F !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:51 am

City64 wrote:Can the season just hurry the fuck up and finish ASAP , totally underwhelmed with it all . Monaco away and yesterday at the Emirates are prime examples of how shit we are , how we have no fucking leaders on the pitch and how utterly wank our defence is . Pep seriously needs to get his shit together and start convincing a lot of city fans he is the right man for job , huge summer ahead , the spafia and pep have a lot of work to do and it needs to be done right or we are fucked with a capital F !!!

'I Second That Emotion'
S. Robinson
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:52 am

freshie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
phips wrote:
mr_nool wrote:You can just see on that smug face that Mariner knows exactly what he's doing.

shouldve given a pen there then

Your fucking clueless pal

Just foe the troll

Fucking troll, every game without fail this cretin is on to wind people up and stick the knife in.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum