Youth Cup semi 2nd leg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Youth Cup semi 2nd leg

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Ok my thoughts.
A couple of players either rested or injured that you would expect in the first 11, but still a team that should have been very comfortable.
I agree with Bluedj. Davenport hadn't a good game and the left flank was much weaker with him and Diaz than Smith and Bolton on the right flank.
I thought Bolton and Smith were very good but Bolton's final balls ranged in quality from KDB to Navas.
Coveney and Francis were solid and I wouldn't fault them for the two Stoke goals.
Diallo and Dele Bashiru were well up to the physicality of Stoke but neither of them have the brain or touch of Foden who was head and shoulders above the rest.

Nmecha can't be faulted. Another well taken hatrick and he seems to have a telepathic communication with Foden.

Was impressed with Poveda's 45 minutes which looked far more productive than Diaz's, who he replaced.
Rosler replaced the injured Smith who was playing really well and immediately picked up two heavy tackles. This seemed to shake him a bit and he was s bit hit and miss.
We got a little ragged at the end and that's the first time I've seen Muric waste a lot of possession and kick the ball out of play s lot. He had been quite composed up to that.

I wouldn't call it the best I've seen us but I don't think the game was ever in doubt and it must be hard to keep up the levels of concentration when you know you have the tie won.

One thing I'm more and more convinced of, the more I see of this team. Phil Foden is the heartbeat of that side.
They are all impressive young lads. They are skilful, have excellent first touches and work really hard.
Foden plays like a seasoned pro though. He doesn't overplay it like s lot of young lads. Diaz could take note. He has a Silva-esque timing. Knowing when to hold onto it and when to release. He invariably makes the right decision and tries the correct option.
A wonderful player to watch and so young.

Sancho and Latibeaudiere weren't playing.
It will be interesting to see how this crop do against Chelsea. I dare say our defending will need to be a bit better.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:01 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Here we go. City academy side is the most expensive ever assembled.
They can't leave it out can they.

I noticed that too. We have extremely talented group of kids who scored Six in the first leg. These are young boys why can't you just focus on their talent at this stage?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:04 pm

My internet/laptop was not really working today but that Foden fella looked good! Good feet and eye for a pass

And when you score hat tricks in both semi final legs you deserve some credit so well done Nmecha!

Looking forward to the final. It is a two legged affair right?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:05 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:My internet/laptop was not really working today but that Foden fella looked good! Good feet and eye for a pass

And when you score hat tricks in both semi final legs you deserve some credit so well done Nmecha!

Looking forward to the final. It is a two legged affair right?

Yes, against the Chavs again.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:44 am

Bluedj wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Greenridge with his second for Stoke.
Two very good finishes from him.

Our defending has been as suspect as the first teams at times. We just haven't had to do too much of it.

Very poor from Davenport tonight at left back.

Looked like a central midfield player asked to play at left back, which showed
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum