Midweek games 4/4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Midweek games 4/4

Postby City64 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Pogba well worth the world-record fee. He was as anonymous in the second half as he was in the first.

It really is amazing how the media aren't all over this abject cunt and his price tag ..........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Pogba well worth the world-record fee. He was as anonymous in the second half as he was in the first.

Thought he was better first half.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:06 pm

patrickblue wrote:

Thought he was better first half.

Guffaw.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Apparently IF scum took all their chances theyd be on more points now.

Clowns
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:His nose was a mile offside, in fact his nose is always a mile offside but this time his head was too.

We used to think Peter Beardsley's chin was a handicap but Zlat's conk is a truly mountainous deformity.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:17 pm

What is sad about that result is that Everton would have been above them had they won .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:17 pm

You can see from just the commentary how the media rim the Rags to keep their cunts of fans paying the subscription fee. They were dross, all huff and puff with no real end product, yet all i could hear from Darke and Twaddle was them how unlucky they were.

Fucking scabby cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Woodyblue » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:19 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Apparently IF scum took all their chances theyd be on more points now.

Clowns

Keep getting that off a rag at work who keeps saying that if they would've just scored one more goal in all the games they'd drawn they would be top of the league now. I keep telling him that if they'd scored one less in those games they'd be in the bottom six
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:22 pm

The amount of times they replayed the offside goal to explain the travesty was cringeworthy.

Mark my words, it will be played in a loop on ssn tomorrow with the commentary "united were unlucky to have a goal ruled out"

While sterling having both his legs taken out from underneath him by milner was a "chance he really should have taken".

Sky LOVE the rags.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Woodyblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Apparently IF scum took all their chances theyd be on more points now.

Clowns

Keep getting that off a rag at work who keeps saying that if they would've just scored one more goal in all the games they'd drawn they would be top of the league now. I keep telling him that if they'd scored one less in those games they'd be in the bottom six

Pmsl
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:The amount of times they replayed the offside goal to explain the travesty was cringeworthy.

Mark my words, it will be played in a loop on ssn tomorrow with the commentary "united were unlucky to have a goal ruled out"

While sterling having both his legs taken out from underneath him by milner was a "chance he really should have taken".

Sky LOVE the rags.

I still don't get why I've only seen one angle of the Sterling penalty shout?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby globalbollox » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:35 pm

Wasn't there a game on Sunday where someone pretended to head the ball but played it with their arm instead. The decision? NO PEN!!!!!
globalbollox
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:The amount of times they replayed the offside goal to explain the travesty was cringeworthy.

Sky LOVE the rags.

The editing has really become a big weapon with sky this season in particular. Simple and very effective when steering the sheep into the other field.
Original Dub

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:56 pm

globalbollox wrote:Wasn't there a game on Sunday where someone pretended to head the ball but played it with their arm instead. The decision? NO PEN!!!!!

Lol good point
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:46 am

Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Sky LOVE the rags.

The editing has really become a big weapon with sky this season in particular. Simple and very effective when steering the sheep into the other field.
Fortunately the game was on BT so 'Sky Hermeneutics Inhouse Team' don't get their red meat to work with.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:20 am

Sky LOVE the rags.

I don't quite know how the video ref thing will work but if it's anything like cricket the off side decision would have stood anyway. Umpires decision stands when it's very close. Anyway it was offside.

All goes to help the deflection from the poor performance though doesn't it. That and the amazing attack on Shaw which didn't need to be done ( especially as he played quite well) and was clearly planned. I reckon he only put him on as a sub so he could make his planned attack on him.

It's true that Utd had a number of very close calls. Woodwork twice and a couple of decent altho not that special saves but it does seem to me they mostly "create" chances by lifting the ball into the box in hope or shoot from 25 yards rather than with much cultured football. Maybe Jose should focus on how to play good quality football or maybe that's just not what he does.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:28 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Sky LOVE the rags.

I don't quite know how the video ref thing will work but if it's anything like cricket the off side decision would have stood anyway. Umpires decision stands when it's very close. Anyway it was offside.

All goes to help the deflection from the poor performance though doesn't it. That and the amazing attack on Shaw which didn't need to be done ( especially as he played quite well) and was clearly planned. I reckon he only put him on as a sub so he could make his planned attack on him.

It's true that Utd had a number of very close calls. Woodwork twice and a couple of decent altho not that special saves but it does seem to me they mostly "create" chances by lifting the ball into the box in hope or shoot from 25 yards rather than with much cultured football. Maybe Jose should focus on how to play good quality football or maybe that's just not what he does.

It certainly was offside and in real time I could understand how it could also have been given. These things are so tight.

What I can't accept is the same newbie on here that keeps telling us he watched numerous replays and Zlatan is "clearly" onside?!
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Shaw played the key role in getting the pen. Shocking that Mourinho would go after him after that. How does he get away with this public bullying.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:10 pm

"Zlatan's Beak" - A place in Southern California. The home of fruits and nuts ..Mmhhh I feel a Movie screenplay coming on. Jackson Browne's " The Late Show" becomes louder as Zlat toe pokes the Penalty into the net in the dying seconds and rides off(side) into the sunset in the early model Chevrolet. "Ride 'em Zlat !".
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Swansea 1-0 v spuds
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum