Rent Boys

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Rent Boys

Postby CuteMancs » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Sorry boys and girls, I am away again this week, so cant do my usual post. This is a shame, because I was going to do a 'who has the best ass' competition between Eden Hazard and John Stones. I know you don't care, but I think our boy wins :)

Anyway, enjoy ...

Team Selection

Tibo
Zouma SSB Cahill
Dave Cesc Kante Alonso
Pedro Costa Hazard

And the rest…

if you ask me yesterday i would happily take a draw for this game...but after today's shock lost this is a must win imo, with the spuds going to liberty stadium don't think they'll drop points there

Sorry with Diego in this mindset 1-1 draw or 1-2 loss imo

That is key, absolutely is. However Diego has form with this. Fell out with Jose and stopped giving effort. Has he fallen out with conte? Did the China move really turn his head? …Bottom line for me today proved it. A Diego motivated wins the game today. He is too good not to score some of those chances. It only happens when his head is not right and if I am right we have a big problem and conte either has to sort him out, which I do not think he can, or drop him. Who for though? He does not trust batman does he?

I think a lot will depend on the Arsenal result for City and how they play. If they beat Arsenal it will give them a real desire to win.....none of the top 4 are out of this race.....we just made it more interesting with today's result.

Tottenham have an easy few games, I can see them winning five on the trot, but they have to play Arsenal and United, so they may drop points. A win for City would put them back in the race, so we can't afford that, realistically a draw would leave us 5 points clear, barring a miracle in Wales, which won't happen. The United and Everton games are now probable must win games, so it's going to be very tight and maybe it'll be decided on the last day of the season, a lot hinges on Wednesday night, a loss would be devastating, a draw passable.

I expect a reaction especially as Conte didn't look please he won't allow it

For confidence and self-belief, we must win this….I think Conte will fire up the players to deliver us a big performance on Wednesday night.

This is a must win. A draw will be terrible unless spurs do a spurs thing and drop points to swansea. Wont suprise me actually.

Huge game no doubt, but I feel more comfortable playing against City than another opportunists team. We know what they could do in attack, but they are awful at the back, even without Bravo. When was the last time we saw Arsenal score straight from a corner? The set piece defending from City was amateurish…I expect us to bounce back from Saturday and win this game.

Win this you can rule city out of the title hunt, fail to win this and Spurs are breathing down our necks.

As shown against Arsenal, City look absolutely shocking at the back. As long as our defense can keep tight Hazard should have a field day up the other end of the pitch. Hopefully Diego pulls his finger out for this one too.

I'd actually be reluctant to play Costa tbh. He offered absolutely nothing at the weekend and I don't think we can afford passengers with City. ..Trouble is we don't have another striker because Michy isn't trusted and has played very little football. Only other option is use Hazard up top and Pedro and Willian either side of him. ..It's a tough call though because Willian was terrible at the weekend too when he came on.

City will be up for this like no other, sometimes it's not ideal to fight fire with fire. I'll back us to win this, because it matters and because we are the better team with the better manager.

Hope we win but I have to admit losing to Palace has made me more nervous.

Im confident we'll score, however, its at the other end that has me seriously worried, our defence cant buy a clean sheet at the moment.
7 points clear and people think spurs will catch us

Everytime our backs have been against the wall the players have stepped up the manager has stepped up

i have faith as long as we dont start pedro at wingback we shd fine. If moses is healthy we shd go with the untouchables and matic / willian for cesc/pedro. if Moses is injured we should switch formations. There is no law that says we must start with 343. Come on Conte.... I am expecting one of those magical nights at the bridge.. Cant wait

Moses out for 2 more weeks. It is officially squeky bum time. We have no replacement for him and please dont say Azpi at wingback because he isnt one, he doesnt offer the same attacking impetus

Sane is in great form and is so dangerous. Playing Pedro wingback is a big risk IMO. I would personally play a back 4 or put Dave out there.

Defo no Moses, maybe for 2 more weeks. Conte praised Pedro's performance in the position and putting Dave or Aina in that position will limit attacking down that flank. City just attack as Pep doesn't seem to coach defending so hitting them on the counter must be a big part of the game plan, Pedro is the better option for that, yes he did put in the poor clearance that led to Palace's 1st goal- but mistakes are part of football, he's just got to keep Sane and or Sterling quiet, with Dave in back 3 should be capable back up on that side. Think this is what we will see, need to win the game, not draw it. Hope Pep starts Ya Ya, but we couldn't get that lucky.

Our attack loses something when Pedro is not in it. Conte needs to find an alternative to Moses and fast. Pedro at wingback again means no win for us on Wednesday I reckon.

Playing Pedro at RWB against Citeh is madness...time to bring Zouma into the back 3 and move Dave up to RWB...maybe not as offensive as Pedro but with Sane and Sterling on the wings I know who I'd prefer facing up against those two...

i know it's a big game, but i think Aina makes the most sense for me. Keep the back 3 as is, and then you're only putting in Aina...but it's a big ask for the lad

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Rent Boys

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Didn't realise Costa isn't flavour of the month at the Bridge.

Sorry, but I'll be amazed if we win there tomorrow.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:51 pm

This has major disappointment written all over it for me. Not looking forward to it at all.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Vantage » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:53 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:This has major disappointment written all over it for me. Not looking forward to it at all.

Channel your inner Paul Dickov, I predict a glorious draw with Sideshow Luis getting struck by lightening.
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:58 am

I reckon we will beat them comfortably, they are in a mini wobble and will probably look to contain us rather than go for the jugular, I'm going for a 3-1 win for us, I would have gone 3-0 but we struggle to stop the opposition fro scoring.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:58 am

I reckon we will beat them comfortably, they are in a mini wobble and will probably look to contain us rather than go for the jugular, I'm going for a 3-1 win for us, I would have gone 3-0 but we struggle to stop the opposition fro scoring.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:38 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I reckon we will beat them comfortably, they are in a mini wobble and will probably look to contain us rather than go for the jugular, I'm going for a 3-1 win for us, I would have gone 3-0 but we struggle to stop the opposition fro scoring.

I'm with you, think we will batter them and if the ref doesn't send us down to 8 men we will win.

Come on you bluuuuuueeeees
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:12 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I reckon we will beat them comfortably, they are in a mini wobble and will probably look to contain us rather than go for the jugular, I'm going for a 3-1 win for us, I would have gone 3-0 but we struggle to stop the opposition fro scoring.

I'm with you, think we will batter them and if the ref doesn't send us down to 8 men we will win.

Having seen the team I'm even more unsure what to expect, but I love your optimism.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:14 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

Having seen the team I'm even more unsure what to expect, but I love your optimism.

We will piss it......keep faith.

(ok changed mind a little after seeing the team news but keep that between us)

Ps Navas to bag
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum