***Chelsea v City official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Chelsea v City official match thread***

Postby Redna » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Seriously doubt Pep can handle a team that not is favorised by refs and media.
CTID
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:58 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Sorry pep but your tactics are fucking useless.

yep

Seeing us passing sideways with 90 mins gone is infuriating. Fuck this season up the arse.

boring as fuck
88 mins on the clock and they're still fannying around with it in our half.
it's shit
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:00 pm

How many saves did Courtois make? Apart from being gifted a chance which we accepted there were precious other opportunities. Simply not good enough
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Redna wrote:Seriously doubt Pep can handle a team that not is favorised by refs and media.
CTID

Or all the best players in the league by a stretch.

But I'm sure he'll say how proud he is that we maintained possession all game.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby BrianF » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:06 pm

We had no tempo in the second half . Anyone notice when we deliver a pass it is slow and the player receiving the pass is static , no wonder we get caught out so often, When Barca do it , the ball is zipped between players. Because we are "not allowed " to play a long ball and the slow pass possession we can't break down a semi decent defence. I thought in the first half we played with more tempo and were more likely to score.
BrianF
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:07 pm

It's every bit as bad as under Pellegrini. In fact, that 2nd half looked like something Pearce would have delivered
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:How many saves did Courtois make? Apart from being gifted a chance which we accepted there were precious other opportunities. Simply not good enough

More than Caballero for certain. Sane one on one. Aguero near the end from Nolito pass. Stones missed two great chances from a central position about 6 yards out, one a header straight at Courtois. Kompany hit the bar with a looping header.

More chances than they did and we were far from great. thought Vinnie looked the business tonight and should play plenty to full test his fitness. Costa hardly had a kick.

Somehow defensively we make those little mistakes that cost us and with not scoring enough from our own chances we loose game we shouldn't. Willie had little to do tonight but should have saved the first and turned the pen away and not back to the taker. Slight deflection on the first but was he unlucky or not quite good enough?

The future is blue and very promising
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:12 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Redna wrote:Seriously doubt Pep can handle a team that not is favorised by refs and media.
CTID

Or all the best players in the league by a stretch.

But I'm sure he'll say how proud he is that we maintained possession all game.

Yeah, that Real Madrid team he was up against was full of shit players.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:14 pm

CTID

Quite hard though isn't it and I am really only talking about the refereeing. So many scandalous decisions. Nothing so blatant to point at as costing us tonight but Dean was unbelievably bad tonight.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
CTID

Quite hard though isn't it and I am really only talking about the refereeing. So many scandalous decisions. Nothing so blatant to point at as costing us tonight but Dean was unbelievably bad tonight.

What game were you watching ?

There were many, many things you can pick up Dean for tonight , far too many, i would love to sit down with thst useless prick and show him how we know a) that he is corrupt or b) at best a useless tosser.

He screwed us over again tonight .

He wasted more time than Chelses !
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:How many saves did Courtois make? Apart from being gifted a chance which we accepted there were precious other opportunities. Simply not good enough

More than Caballero for certain. Sane one on one. Aguero near the end from Nolito pass. Stones missed two great chances from a central position about 6 yards out, one a header straight at Courtois. Kompany hit the bar with a looping header.

More chances than they did and we were far from great. thought Vinnie looked the business tonight and should play plenty to full test his fitness. Costa hardly had a kick.

Somehow defensively we make those little mistakes that cost us and with not scoring enough from our own chances we loose game we shouldn't. Willie had little to do tonight but should have saved the first and turned the pen away and not back to the taker. Slight deflection on the first but was he unlucky or not quite good enough?

Good save from Sane. The other two, Aguero and Stones were half chances. Though Stones should've scored in injury time. My point is we barely worked their goalie. We have all this attacking talent and it is just not clicking since the Monaco defeat
nottsblue

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 pm

We all know Guardiola will be our manager regardless how this season pans out, even if we finish 5th and trophy less.

I am sure we are all behind him.

But fuck me I expected to see a little bit more from him this season as a manager. I thought someone of his pedigrees would make “the sum bigger than its parts”. I know we have weaknesses all over the Pitch. No one in their right mind expected all our problems to be addressed in one transfer window. He as yet has shown absolutely fuck all that makes one think “wow” we are so lucky to have him. In fact I think he completely fucked up our season before it even started with the Hart situation. Then instead of admitting he made a mistake with Bravo waited until the Press started taking the piss about us conceding 14 goals from 14 first strikes on goal.

Very disappointed is an understatement.

Pellegrini got stick from some of our fans. One thing for sure the way this nightmare of a season is developing Pellegrini success with us will finally start to get the recognition he deserves. He was only an intrim manager with financial constraints imposed on him by the Spafia. Yet it looks like his achievements will emulate the golden boy at least for another season. I never expected that.

Big next season for Guardiola coming up.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Good save from Sane. The other two, Aguero and Stones were half chances. Though Stones should've scored in injury time. My point is we barely worked their goalie. We have all this attacking talent and it is just not clicking since the Monaco defeat

Stones will be mortified he missed his two chances, they were gilt edged. Aguero's half chance but worked the goalie. Chelsea are the best defensive team in the premiere league and maybe in Europe so surely you don't expect to rip them apart with chance after chance especially if they sit back with extra defenders. Even Hazard was getting back to defend! Or maybe you do?

We created more good chances than the best team in England this season and lost. Not good enough, correct but we will be.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:30 pm

CTID

We're saying that every week Doug. Even people who never buy into an agenda are seeing it.

I think it has been debilitating this season.
It has definitely affected our game.

We're not talking about huge decisions.

It's the stuff that Pep would have routinely seen his previous teams play against 10 men over. Either that or see the opposition having to be ultra careful for fear of second yellows.

We don't get that luxury and quite the opposite, we are the team usually having to be careful.

It's not an excuse that covers all our deficiencies and for sure, collectively we do not have a side that knows how to defend. They all ball watch and leave responsibility to others.

Blaming any one player on a goal is usually pointless. You can usually see two or three doing something the ought not or not doing something they ought nearly every goal and almost every game.

Pep has one summmer to put things right as far as I'm concerned. Always thought we'd struggle this year. Nothing's changed there although to try and remain positive, I saw enough in the few weeks that Jesus was here to feel I've seen the future.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Spurge » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Agree with a lot of this which is factual. The last bit I'm not so sure about. I still find myself scratching my head wondering if this is very promising. Chelsea over both games probably sums up why. We have taken 0 points but should have taken at least 4. Why 0? There is a lack of cutting edge about us. We create good positions on a regular basis and do too little with it. Forget all the defensive issues being talked about pep is right we are not ruthless enough in the last third. It's not one or two games its every game.

So pep has identified the problem, he's not been able to resolve it. He's carrying on playing his way in attempt to forcibly resolve it and he's not managed to do so. He won't bend or flex. So he has the summer to sort it. Who goes he decides, who comes he decides. Next season will tell us if pep is the man for the job or not.

I think Gabriel Jesus' injury has had a huge impact on our season.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Dub City » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:41 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Clichy finishes the game with a trademark pass.

Surely the fact that I'm desperate for Kolarov to play every game at left back to end of seaso says it all about Clichy. Shit defender. Shit crosses. Shit passes. Shit beard - just leave him out till contract up he is shit
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Stones will be mortified he missed his two chances, they were gilt edged. Aguero's half chance but worked the goalie. Chelsea are the best defensive team in the premiere league and maybe in Europe so surely you don't expect to rip them apart with chance after chance especially if they sit back with extra defenders. Even Hazard was getting back to defend! Or maybe you do?

We created more good chances than the best team in England this season and lost. Not good enough, correct but we will be.

I don't expect us to have ripped Chelsea apart. Just to have had better attempts on goal. Made the goalie work harder than what he actually had to do. I was expecting not to get too much from the game and said so accordingly. But I always expect us to have a go, which I don't think we did. Chelsea basically did a WBA and sat back second half with two banks of five and more or less implied "come and and a go if you think you are good enough". Well, we weren't.
nottsblue

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Spurge wrote:

Agree with a lot of this which is factual. The last bit I'm not so sure about. I still find myself scratching my head wondering if this is very promising. Chelsea over both games probably sums up why. We have taken 0 points but should have taken at least 4. Why 0? There is a lack of cutting edge about us. We create good positions on a regular basis and do too little with it. Forget all the defensive issues being talked about pep is right we are not ruthless enough in the last third. It's not one or two games its every game.

So pep has identified the problem, he's not been able to resolve it. He's carrying on playing his way in attempt to forcibly resolve it and he's not managed to do so. He won't bend or flex. So he has the summer to sort it. Who goes he decides, who comes he decides. Next season will tell us if pep is the man for the job or not.

It is seriously worrying if you are thinking that a 19 year old , always destined to arrive in January was supposed to be the fulcrum of any success this season !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:52 pm

CTID

Favorised? What on earth?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Spurge » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:58 pm

zuricity wrote:
Spurge wrote:

It is seriously worrying if you are thinking that a 19 year old , always destined to arrive in January was supposed to be the fulcrum of any success this season !

Be careful how you interpret what I said here and furthermore don't be worried. I didn't say he was supposed to be the difference of success and failure I had no expectation of the player, whom I knew little about. However it's true to say he hit the ground running and scored goals for us, significantly, he also fitted in to the style of play very quickly age is irrelevant and it's clear to see we've missed what he brought to the team since he's been out.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum