***Chelsea v City official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Chelsea v City official match thread***

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
Spurge wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
nottsblue wrote:How many saves did Courtois make? Apart from being gifted a chance which we accepted there were precious other opportunities. Simply not good enough

More than Caballero for certain. Sane one on one. Aguero near the end from Nolito pass. Stones missed two great chances from a central position about 6 yards out, one a header straight at Courtois. Kompany hit the bar with a looping header.

More chances than they did and we were far from great. thought Vinnie looked the business tonight and should play plenty to full test his fitness. Costa hardly had a kick.

Somehow defensively we make those little mistakes that cost us and with not scoring enough from our own chances we loose game we shouldn't. Willie had little to do tonight but should have saved the first and turned the pen away and not back to the taker. Slight deflection on the first but was he unlucky or not quite good enough?
The future is blue and very promising

Agree with a lot of this which is factual. The last bit I'm not so sure about. I still find myself scratching my head wondering if this is very promising. Chelsea over both games probably sums up why. We have taken 0 points but should have taken at least 4. Why 0? There is a lack of cutting edge about us. We create good positions on a regular basis and do too little with it. Forget all the defensive issues being talked about pep is right we are not ruthless enough in the last third. It's not one or two games its every game.

So pep has identified the problem, he's not been able to resolve it. He's carrying on playing his way in attempt to forcibly resolve it and he's not managed to do so. He won't bend or flex. So he has the summer to sort it. Who goes he decides, who comes he decides. Next season will tell us if pep is the man for the job or not.

I think Gabriel Jesus' injury has had a huge impact on our season.

It is seriously worrying if you are thinking that a 19 year old , always destined to arrive in January was supposed to be the fulcrum of any success this season !

Cannot disagree that we haven't really solved the problem of playing against a good massed defence. If I want to go the negative route I can think of plenty of reasons why we are where we are and it's clearly as Pep says we are not good enough in both boxes. And that's with a few attacking players who are the envy of most teams.I am thinking of Aguero,Silva, De Bruyne (yes not having the best time now) and more recently Sane and last but not least I would add Jesus.

THE biggest issue is our defence. Did we defend badly tonight against the champions elect ? I would say not overall but it doesn't reall matter as we made 2 maybe 3 mistakes and lost 2.1.

Pep/City won't panic, as a few too many fans are, and as long as we keep playing well, have a modicum of decent good fortune we will get 4th but that derby game is looking so so important right now.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:02 pm

We won't be allowed win the derby if it comes down to them or us for top four.

We better have the points on the board.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby dazby » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:16 pm

I'm stunned that they've done the double over us. We were the better team both times yet came away with nothing. Just not our year, and clearly theirs.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:05 am

zabbadabbado wrote:We all know Guardiola will be our manager regardless how this season pans out, even if we finish 5th and trophy less.

I am sure we are all behind him.

But fuck me I expected to see a little bit more from him this season as a manager. I thought someone of his pedigrees would make “the sum bigger than its parts”. I know we have weaknesses all over the Pitch. No one in their right mind expected all our problems to be addressed in one transfer window. He as yet has shown absolutely fuck all that makes one think “wow” we are so lucky to have him. In fact I think he completely fucked up our season before it even started with the Hart situation. Then instead of admitting he made a mistake with Bravo waited until the Press started taking the piss about us conceding 14 goals from 14 first strikes on goal.

Very disappointed is an understatement.

Pellegrini got stick from some of our fans. One thing for sure the way this nightmare of a season is developing Pellegrini success with us will finally start to get the recognition he deserves. He was only an intrim manager with financial constraints imposed on him by the Spafia. Yet it looks like his achievements will emulate the golden boy at least for another season. I never expected that.

Big next season for Guardiola coming up.

Great post zabba
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:12 am

dick dastardley wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:We all know Guardiola will be our manager regardless how this season pans out, even if we finish 5th and trophy less.

I am sure we are all behind him.

But fuck me I expected to see a little bit more from him this season as a manager. I thought someone of his pedigrees would make “the sum bigger than its parts”. I know we have weaknesses all over the Pitch. No one in their right mind expected all our problems to be addressed in one transfer window. He as yet has shown absolutely fuck all that makes one think “wow” we are so lucky to have him. In fact I think he completely fucked up our season before it even started with the Hart situation. Then instead of admitting he made a mistake with Bravo waited until the Press started taking the piss about us conceding 14 goals from 14 first strikes on goal.

Very disappointed is an understatement.

Pellegrini got stick from some of our fans. One thing for sure the way this nightmare of a season is developing Pellegrini success with us will finally start to get the recognition he deserves. He was only an intrim manager with financial constraints imposed on him by the Spafia. Yet it looks like his achievements will emulate the golden boy at least for another season. I never expected that.

Big next season for Guardiola coming up.

Great post zabba

what's Spanish for 'collective guilt' - culpa colectiva?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:19 pm

im not 100% certain on how to interpret these types of graphics but heres the expected goals map from the match.
Chelsea on the left & City on the right:

a little surprised that the most common passing was horizontal between Clichy-Delph-Fernandinho with Delph touching the ball the most last night
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:12 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Kompany back is a big bonus.

Should be sold asap.....hes a fuckign sicknote..OBVIOUSLY and we will never ever plan 2017/18 around this fucker !!!

Just thought I'd highlight one of Carl's many "get rid of Kompany" posts.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:40 am

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Kompany back is a big bonus.

Should be sold asap.....hes a fuckign sicknote..OBVIOUSLY and we will never ever plan 2017/18 around this fucker !!!

Just thought I'd highlight one of Carl's many "get rid of Kompany" posts.

If I had to highlight your fuckign inane posts the server would crash, you fuckign cabbage.

Kompany has had one game whereby he came through with zero injury..first time this season...and you gleefully knock one out.

Well done.

Anyone with 2 brain cells knows we cannot rely on him and we certainly will not be planning our defence around him should he stay.

Now go dance to your group , you fuckign ginger wiggle.

Watch on youtube.com
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Justified logic » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:14 am

What a foul-mouthed twat you are.

Calling Kompany, who bleeds blue, a "fucker"... :roll:

Show some respect if you want any for yourself.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Justified logic wrote:What a foul-mouthed twat you are.

I am shown plenty of respect for what I do and what I have , in the real world I live in. This is cyber space , whereby I couldn't give a flying fuck what people like you have to say about my posting style.

AND FYI - Im ex army .....swearing is part of the training process and it never leaves you.

So you can kindly go fuck yourself.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Whilst it was great to see Kompany back and playing through a full match, as well as playing rather well, as Carl says it would be foolish to rely on him.

Given his track record he could break down at any moment. I would only be of the opinion that he's past his injury problems if he can manage to stay fit for a full year.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:19 pm

And yet you replied to him just to tell him that you don't care.

Just admit that calling out Vinnie is one of your worst opinions ever.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:55 pm

dazby wrote:And yet you replied to him just to tell him that you don't care.

Just admit that calling out Vinnie is one of your worst opinions ever.

It was a validated opinion you fuckign thick cunt !!!! you drag up this comment because he has had one good game since 2015 season and think you are smart by doing so...fuck me , your a plum aren't you...a prize plum.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:57 pm

edge275 wrote:Whilst it was great to see Kompany back and playing through a full match, as well as playing rather well, as Carl says it would be foolish to rely on him.

Given his track record he could break down at any moment. I would only be of the opinion that he's past his injury problems if he can manage to stay fit for a full year.

How many times have we said '' if he managed to stay fit''.

Noone with half a brain would plan our defence around him - PeP will probably keep him until his contract runs out (whenever that is) but he certainly wont plan his defence with him for the 2017/18 season.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:35 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I am shown plenty of respect for what I do and what I have , in the real world I live in. This is cyber space , whereby I couldn't give a flying fuck what people like you have to say about my posting style.

AND FYI - Im ex army .....swearing is part of the training process and it never leaves you.

Well that's an improvement Carl.
See the difference putting the word 'kindly' in the sentence makes.

As MC would say, keep up the effort.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:08 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fuck you very much
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fuck you very much

That's the spirit.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
edge275 wrote:Whilst it was great to see Kompany back and playing through a full match, as well as playing rather well, as Carl says it would be foolish to rely on him.

Noone with half a brain would plan our defence around him - PeP will probably keep him until his contract runs out (whenever that is) but he certainly wont plan his defence with him for the 2017/18 season.

If Pep even thinks of building his defense around Kompany , he can leave right now.

His stubborn arrogant approach has already cost us points with his refusal to accept that the defense must defend.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:11 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

If Pep even thinks of building his defense around Kompany , he can leave right now.

His stubborn arrogant approach has already cost us points with his refusal to accept that the defense must defend.

He wont mate , he knows that on his day Kompany is excellent ,which he is...but hes not reliable.

He is paid a hefty wage for someone that has rarely played for best part of 2 seasons so to keep him it for the foreseeable it would need to make sense. If we keep him it will be because he will be option B but PeP knows he needs a settled back 2 at the very least.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:29 am

Being ex crap hat, Vinny with you any day of the week. Also he has brought more to City than anyone player in my lifetime so why I get the hump with you is you know better, but still speak about him as if he is rag.that is not going to stop me reading your posts as we go back a long way and you are a proper blue all be it absent what Vinny brings we have seen 4 times now against best forwards, OK he has not faced lukaku but I would think it would be the same"Shutdown" great players deserve respect and I never try to use the word great, but Vinny is a d that has to be fir me the starting point. Never abuse of a living legend.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum