PabZab

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PabZab

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue May 16, 2017 11:08 pm

Only saw the game through a stream but the stadium looked just as full ten minutes after full time as it was ten minutes after kick off. Well done all who went for sticking around for Zaba. My lip went when he was interviewed on sky. Then my heart broke when they did a close up to some granny in the stands, wiping tears away.

Zaba, love you mate xxx
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:31 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Only saw the game through a stream but the stadium looked just as full ten minutes after full time as it was ten minutes after kick off. Well done all who went for sticking around for Zaba. My lip went when he was interviewed on sky. Then my heart broke when they did a close up to some granny in the stands, wiping tears away.

Zaba, love you mate xxx

I only saw the game through a stream and I was there.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Wed May 17, 2017 1:14 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Only saw the game through a stream but the stadium looked just as full ten minutes after full time as it was ten minutes after kick off. Well done all who went for sticking around for Zaba. My lip went when he was interviewed on sky. Then my heart broke when they did a close up to some granny in the stands, wiping tears away.

Zaba, love you mate xxx

I'm not overly sentimental but when he was being interviewed and said he only gave what every player should give on and off the pitch my lip went a bit too. The game in general needs more players with his attitude.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Wed May 17, 2017 4:54 am

Do you think he was referring to Yaya.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed May 17, 2017 7:14 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:When he first arrived, I thought he was the new Danny Tiatto and didn't see it working out. He never had the natural talent of some, yet for a few years he was the best right back in the premier league and one of the best in Europe. He was so good, he was even voted into the PFA team of the ear, so imagine the gulf in class before they realise they have to pick you.

All down to hard work, both off the pitch and on it. And that's why I think so many fans felt such a bond to him - if you were given your chance, you may not be the best, but you'd put everything you had into it. I honestly don't believe a homegrown player, a born Mancunian, could give any more than Zabaleta has in his time here. And as a fan, you really can't ask for more than that. I've watched some shite down the years, but I'll never criticise anyone for not being good enough if they're giving their all. And Zab gave everything. And was good enough.

Great post. Spot on.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby sheblue » Wed May 17, 2017 7:21 am

Legend.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dameerto » Wed May 17, 2017 7:36 am

Slim wrote:Do you think he was referring to Yaya.

It could have been, or maybe Joe?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 17, 2017 7:41 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:When he first arrived, I thought he was the new Danny Tiatto and didn't see it working out. He never had the natural talent of some, yet for a few years he was the best right back in the premier league and one of the best in Europe. He was so good, he was even voted into the PFA team of the ear, so imagine the gulf in class before they realise they have to pick you.

All down to hard work, both off the pitch and on it. And that's why I think so many fans felt such a bond to him - if you were given your chance, you may not be the best, but you'd put everything you had into it. I honestly don't believe a homegrown player, a born Mancunian, could give any more than Zabaleta has in his time here. And as a fan, you really can't ask for more than that. I've watched some shite down the years, but I'll never criticise anyone for not being good enough if they're giving their all. And Zab gave everything. And was good enough.

Great post. Spot on.

Potential post of the year.

Very nice indeed.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby freshie » Wed May 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Mase wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Being negative about empty seats? It's embarrassing. Anyone leaving early on Tuesday should be given a gob full. We could also say goodbye to Yaya on Tuesday, has anyone ever had move of a say in big games than him? Clichy, a good servant to the club. Zabba a guy that has bleed for the club. Fuck getting home 20 minutes earlier, let's give these lads a proper send off....

Being negative in a thread celebrating a club legend.

The empty seats on 80 mins happen everywhere. Not just City. I don't agree with it, but it's not just us.

Seems like you're not the only one concerned about it
Watch on youtube.com
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 am

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals