If a big name has to go

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

If a big name has to go

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:47 pm

Don't talk about Aguero who is still doing his job. KDB continues to disappoint. You need your big players in big games and he consistently goes missing. It's strange that he played such a lovely ball for Sane's goal on Sunday but he stunk the place out besides that. We'd get big money and we need somebody who does it week in week out.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Re: If a big name has to go

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Hard to disagree on recent form, especially the Monaco game. The occasion was just too much for him (and a lot of others that night.)

Although I think our main problem is brain dead players. If we can just surround him with players with a brain I think he will excel
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:03 pm

I wouldn't build a side around a player who flatters to deceive so often. Still light years behind Silva. Gives the ball away so often, that it's too big a price to pay for the odd flash of genius. He isn't going to dominate a game for us. We need somebody who can.
It's a real worry that Yaya needs replacing now and Silva soon. Kev too in my opinion.
We are a very long way from being a good side. Jesus, Sane,Sterling and Aguero is the basis of an attack, but the rest is well short.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:05 pm

pep
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Scatman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:06 pm

Sheik Mansoor
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby bigblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Don't talk about Aguero who is still doing his job. KDB continues to disappoint. You need your big players in big games and he consistently goes missing. It's strange that he played such a lovely ball for Sane's goal on Sunday but he stunk the place out besides that. We'd get big money and we need somebody who does it week in week out.

I can see Sergio going. Apart from his finishing (which hasn't always been great) he's offered very little to the rest of our play this season. Was only a few games, but we looked so much better a team like player Jesus in there. Sergio has also noticeably lost a yard or 2 of pace, and is only going to get slower.

Kev has been interesting this year. Some great moments, but only seems to put in a shift for 2/3 of a game. There's always a 20-30 min period where his mind or legs seem to go and he gives the ball away over and over again. But can't see him going because of his age and other-worldly ability.

I recon If Vinny can stay fit for the rest of the season he'll be here next year.

Yaya will probably be gone if we can get another CM with his current ability. But hard to tell since I thought Yaya was gone last year, and he stepped in and played an important role. Plus he's a good mentor/Paddy V type player to have in the squad.

Besides big names, I can see any/all of these leaving:

Bravo
Clichy
Sagna
Kola
Navas
Otter
Nolito
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue

That's a big name

Time to go?

Absolutely stupid thread , You wanted Mancini gone and now we have this disasterous Spanish omelette.

No , no big name needs to go .

We need to be smarter against the refs , the bent administrators

Clichy, that's a small name , but he can go now.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:19 pm

We've got one big-game player and his contract runs out at the end of the season. And we've got enough detritus to fill a skip come the summer.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:20 pm

zuricity wrote:Piccsnumberoneblue

That's a big name

Time to go?

Absolutely stupid thread , You wanted Mancini gone and now we have this disasterous Spanish omelette.

The topic of conversation has been around Yaya and Sergio going. I was merely pointing out that Mr Debruyne might be missed less

I think the stories that have come to light since Mancini went pretty much make the point he had to go. Not forgetting it had become not just boring on the pitch, but a bit of a dogs breakfast too. Nostalgia might cloud things for you, but his last season with us was dreadful fare.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:We've got one big-game player and his contract runs out at the end of the season. And we've got enough detritus to fill a skip come the summer.

I think you can add Silva to the one big game player. But I certainly take your point.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:We've got one big-game player and his contract runs out at the end of the season. And we've got enough detritus to fill a skip come the summer.

I think you can add Silva to the one big game player. But I certainly take your point.

And Agüero. Not been as good this season but it can't negate how brilliant he's been in previous seasons big games.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:29 pm

That's a big name

Time to go?

The topic of conversation has been around Yaya and Sergio going. I was merely pointing out that Mr Debruyne might be missed less

I think the stories that have come to light since Mancini went pretty much make the point he had to go. Not forgetting it had become not just boring on the pitch, but a bit of a dogs breakfast too. Nostalgia might cloud things for you, but his last season with us was dreadful fare.

You weren't merely pointing out Kevin otherwise your thread title would be different .

it is a stupid reactionsry thread . Kevin wasn't great tonight , but who was ? no one that's who .

I completely disagree about Mancini , those stories are just that , stories

We are worse off now than when Hughes was here because we have an aging squad wirh many many average players still on good contracts .

Pep hasn't a clue what he is doing and his suit jackets are too short . Any well dressed Italian will tell you .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:34 pm

zuricity wrote:

That's a big name

Time to go?

You weren't merely pointing out Kevin otherwise your thread title would be different .

it is a stupid reactionsry thread . Kevin wasn't great tonight , but who was ? no one that's who .

We are worse off now than when Hughes was here because we have an aging squad wirh many many average players still on good contracts .

Pep hasn't a clue what he is doing and his suit jackets are too short . Any well dressed Italian will tell you .

"I completely disagree about Mancini , those stories are just that , stories "

You know that ( or think that) on what information? IMO we were 100% gone under Mancini
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Err, I really was just pointing out Kev.
And it's not just about tonight.
Way too often he hasnt done the business in big games. They're the games you need your stars to shine brightly. He doesn't.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Err, I really was just pointing out Kev.
Way too often he hasnt done the business in big games. They're the games you need your stars to shine brightly. He doesn't.

Hes right about the suits though....way too fuckign small and tight.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Err, I really was just pointing out Kev.

Hes right about the suits though....way too fuckign small and tight.

He had to right about one thing eventually.and it was never going to be football
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
zuricity wrote:

That's a big name

Time to go?

You know that ( or think that) on what information? IMO we were 100% gone under Mancini

Fine that is your opinion . In my opinion we saw the best times ever with Mancini in charge and since then it ha been downhill .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:46 pm

zuricity wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
zuricity wrote:

That's a big name

Time to go?

Fine that is your opinion . In my opinion we saw the best times ever with Mancini in charge and since then it ha been downhill .

Downhill to a double? Brilliant
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:49 pm

so no answer to why you believe the Mancini stories are not true?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:53 pm

We did the double with the backbone of Mancinis team.
We are now left with old , tired and some average players , thanks to the Spafia.

and lower in the league .

All it needs now is for Walcott to score at Wembley
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum