***Man City v Hull official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Man City v Hull official match thread***

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:24 am

london blue 2 wrote:Pep continues to set himself up for ridicule. Bravos stats are a joke. I don't care how good his feet are, he's a fucking goal keeper.

Enough is enough.

I think it is only a matter of time before Blues start to get really unpleasant with him. Think Richard Edghill and Paul Power.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby littlebig » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:41 am

Thought we were quite sloppy yesterday. Gave them a lot of chances to break but luckily they didn't have enough quality to hurt us.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Justified logic » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:55 am

littlebig wrote:Thought we were quite sloppy yesterday. Gave them a lot of chances to break but luckily they didn't have enough quality to hurt us.

There it is in a nutshell. The poor teams can't hurt our poor defence enough to beat us, the quality teams can.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:50 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:Good performance overall but Hull (and Bravo) were wank. And what was up with Sergio's non-celebrations? Strange.

Because he was somewhat fortunate that it actually went in.....he didn't hammer it in, he sort of hit the 2 defenders with the ball and it bounced off each of them into the net...not the most convincing finish , hence his sort of non celebration.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:33 pm

john@staustell wrote:Navas really is one useless cunt

I thought he had a good game yesterday - most of his crosses actually found a blue shirt!

And we scored from one which didn't
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:Good performance overall but Hull (and Bravo) were wank. And what was up with Sergio's non-celebrations? Strange.

Because he was somewhat fortunate that it actually went in.....he didn't hammer it in, he sort of hit the 2 defenders with the ball and it bounced off each of them into the net...not the most convincing finish , hence his sort of non celebration.

I think he thought it was going to be marked as own goal. And to be fair so did I.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:12 pm

THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:56 pm

PeterParker wrote:Enough is enough means that Khaldoon needs to have a proper chat with him. At the end of the day, Guardiola is under contract and he needs to understand that his stubborness with Bravo has to stop.

what stubbornness? that was Bravo's first league start since January. as in over 2 months ago.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Spurge » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:19 pm

phips wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Enough is enough means that Khaldoon needs to have a proper chat with him. At the end of the day, Guardiola is under contract and he needs to understand that his stubborness with Bravo has to stop.

what stubbornness? that was Bravo's first league start since January. as in over 2 months ago.

I suspect he means as in playing him at all.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:17 am

Bravo the usual joke

Couldn't go yesterday but sounded like a morgue again. Why are we so bad ? Fair play to Delph but when it needs a player not really popular who's been out months to demand some atmosphere it's poor.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Slim » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:35 am

I thought it was a decent performance from the front half, somewhat dodgy from the back. Unfortunate for Stones that it was his deflection because I thought he was the only defender surrounded by wage thieves.

Sane had a poor game but he never went hiding, never let his head drop and kept trying, I was happier with that than some of his good performances. Showed some true determination.

Silva amazing and Sterling...well holy fuck. Toure's passing was mostly on point and a deep lying player who can pass like that is worth his weight in cake. Navas was good in possession and utter gash without. He is not a fucking defender Pep you stubborn cunt.

He'll play Fern1 or Navas at fullback, play Sane and Sterling as wingbacks, Kolarov as a centrehalf but he can't teach joe to kick a football short??? Fuck you Pep and your hologram man.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:43 am

Nick wrote:Bravo the usual joke

Couldn't go yesterday but sounded like a morgue again. Why are we so bad ? Fair play to Delph but when it needs a player not really popular who's been out months to demand some atmosphere it's poor.

Have a look at the first page of this thread, if the attitude on here is reflective of what's in the Etihad then is it any wonder there's a shit atmosphere?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:34 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Have a look at the first page of this thread, if the attitude on here is reflective of what's in the Etihad then is it any wonder there's a shit atmosphere?

This season has been a joke. Any wonder people feel flat. Spurs and Chelsea running away and us battling for the arsenal trophy.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 am

london blue 2 wrote:

This season has been a joke. Any wonder people feel flat. Spurs and Chelsea running away and us battling for the arsenal trophy.

We have an XI with Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Sterling and Sané starting and people are throwing in the towel or just complaining and grumbling, we seriously need to get a grip.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Scatman » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:57 am

london blue 2 wrote:

We have an XI with Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Sterling and Sané starting and people are throwing in the towel or just complaining and grumbling, we seriously need to get a grip.

or we seriously need to wonder why a team with all those players isn't putting up more of a fight
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby phips » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Slim wrote:Sane had a poor game but he never went hiding, never let his head drop and kept trying, I was happier with that than some of his good performances. Showed some true determination.

surprisingly, despite being one of our in form players at the moment, he touched the ball the 2nd least (only ahead of Aguero) out of the outfield players. I feel like we should be trying to get him the ball a lot more than that.

I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Justified logic wrote:
littlebig wrote:Thought we were quite sloppy yesterday. Gave them a lot of chances to break but luckily they didn't have enough quality to hurt us.

There it is in a nutshell. The poor teams can't hurt our poor defence enough to beat us, the quality teams can.

I wouldn't mind having a "poor defence" JL; I think that would be a distinct improvement upon what we have at the moment.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:25 pm

just a general feeling of deflation. hard to get excited after the monaco, arse and chav matches.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum