bravo - the worst city player ever?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: bravo - the worst city player ever?

Postby john@staustell » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:31 am

Can't see I see Bravo's injury as a catastrophe.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby patrickblue » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:53 am

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I lost my grandparents and my world caved in - I still maintained a professional stance in my line of work and did what I was paid to do.

Call me a callous bastard but Its a fuckign poor excuse justifying the shit performances hes dished out over a fuckign season.

Well said Carl , all he has to do is save the fucking ball and if his head is that fucked why have Pep and co allowed him near the first team ???? Doesn't rub with me , I went through a truly life changing divorce and still had to go to work everyday and do my professional best every minute of every working day and at no time I can remember let any cunt down especially my three kids !

What do you want a bleedin' medal ?

i grew up in a cardboard box....

You were lucky.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:53 am

Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:that flap in the first half
omfg!
the guy is terrible
don't wish injury on anyone but i hope that is the last we've seen of him.

That incident was probably one of the worst decision making decisions from a keeper I have seen for a long time - we were fucking lucky one of the munchens didn't put that in the net , just as well ,otherwise this site would have crashed with the abuse it would have had to handle and I'd have been sectioned!

In fairness, he did make a great stop as a result of the scramble.

Yep, atoned for his error, when others do that its acknowledged so should be no different here.

Oh and he wasn't best pleased with Kolarov for not giving him a shout to leave it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:11 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
omfg!
the guy is terrible

That incident was probably one of the worst decision making decisions from a keeper I have seen for a long time - we were fucking lucky one of the munchens didn't put that in the net , just as well ,otherwise this site would have crashed with the abuse it would have had to handle and I'd have been sectioned!

Yep, atoned for his error, when others do that its acknowledged so should be no different here.

Oh and he wasn't best pleased with Kolarov for not giving him a shout to leave it.

Atoned for his error...you mean he got extremely lucky !

This just about sums it up...MARTIN SAMUEL...the only person I respect in sports journalism.

Pep Guardiola's continued faith in Claudio Bravo remains as inexplicable as ever.
He made one very good save in the opening 45 minutes, which was necessary due only to his utter incompetence in dealing with a cross seconds before. Bravo is an anti-goalkeeper. What he did when attempting to cut out a cross from Anthony Martial was the opposite of what any goalkeeper on the planet would have wished to do — or been coached to do.

I for one , am happy hes fuckign injured ,yes you heard it right , happy !!! that means I don't have to worry who's going to be in nets for the next few games.

Willy and Gunn....Good!.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:13 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
omfg!
the guy is terrible

This just about sums it up...MARTIN SAMUEL...the only person I respect in sports journalism.

Pep Guardiola's continued faith in Claudio Bravo remains as inexplicable as ever.
He made one very good save in the opening 45 minutes, which was necessary due only to his utter incompetence in dealing with a cross seconds before. Bravo is an anti-goalkeeper. What he did when attempting to cut out a cross from Anthony Martial was the opposite of what any goalkeeper on the planet would have wished to do — or been coached to do.

I for one , am happy hes fuckign injured ,yes you heard it right , happy !!! that means I don't have to worry who's going to be in nets for the next few games.

Willy and Gunn....Good!.

No, I mean what I said.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:36 am

any news on his injury?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:40 am

There've been a lot of rumours around Pickford joining us this summer. I wonder what the plan is in that case - as first choice or as understudy to Bravo? Pickford is only 2 years older than Gunn. Is he a lot better? The last question is for Doug and others who've seen him a lot in the EDS.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:46 am

PrezIke wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:Speculation we our looking at keeping Bravo, getting rid of Willy and going for Pickford, partly because he is English and cheap. Personally I hope we don't go for this. We should be looking at a world class keeper not a young lad that has done pretty well. IMO none of those keepers are as good as Hart.

We sign Pickford and he has a chance at being our #1 for a LONG time. He will easily challenge Bravo and help us as he is English.

Of what I've seen he's quite good already, and has what Pep requires in terms of what he can do with the ball at his feet.

I think it will, and should happen, and then Gunn could challenge him in a few more seasons.

Any young keeper coming to us has a chance of being our #1 for a long time, but being "quite good already" is just not good enough. IMO we need a proven world class keeper.
Young Keepers​ can do go out on loan to gain match experience, like Chelsea did with Courtois and we did with Hart.
We have lost so many points this season from poor keeping. I don't mind if Pep wants​ a keeper that's good with his feet but if he can't save shots we will drop too many points.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Willy and Gunn....Good!.

Did Martin Samuel really write that second paragraph or was it you Carl.

It was you wasn't it. Go on. It was.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:14 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Willy and Gunn....Good!.

Did Martin Samuel really write that second paragraph or was it you Carl.

It was you wasn't it. Go on. It was.

They should let me do more.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Watching degay pluck the ball out of the air with ease time and again was frustrating. We really need a proper keeper.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:15 pm

Whichever way you look at it, he could have cost us the game last night with that brain fart. If they had won 1-0 as a result of that he would never have been forgiven. He got lucky but it's time for him to go. I'm defo in the give Pep time camp, but I will never understand why Bravo is seen as better than Joe.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:30 pm

Talk of rags wanting Hart if they lose DeGea to Real Madrid. Apparently he wants to live in the North West?
Our goal keeping strategy seems lunacy. IMO Hart is better than Bravo, Willy and Pickford.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:52 am

When Schnichael left we chose Hart as the younger keeper to develop into a long term No1 It is arguable Kasper has turned into the all round keeper we seem to want/need. He has years in front of him, I would be looking at that with Gunn as taking one of Willy or Bravo's place.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:35 pm

Cometh the hour...
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby aristation » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:36 pm

how did he save that he cant save anything for us?
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:37 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Cometh the hour...

Saved a penalty !!!!!
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:37 pm

hahahaha!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby aristation » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:37 pm

and again!
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:37 pm

Make that two!!!!!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site