bravo - the worst city player ever?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: bravo - the worst city player ever?

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:22 am

I am probably the only City fan in the world that wants Bravo to do well and kick start his City career. I think the majority now want him gone but I would love him to prove everyone wrong. Iv seen him play at the highest level and know that he has the capacity to be a top keeper. I just think he needs something positive to happen to be the catalyst for that.

I have seen what everyone else has seen and just can't get my head round his form. Really mind boggling stuff. I know i stand here alone but I do hope something happens with him that transforms him to the keeper I know he is as I feel he is brilliant for our build up play.

As for the worst City player ever, not even sure he makes the top 10. I saw Immel and Tracy play in goal for us and they were pretty shocking. Iv also seen Bony in a City shirt alongside the likes of Ged Brannon and Buster Phillips. I guess it's all about opinions.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby aristation » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:51 am

The fans yesterday cheering the save showed how we feel, it is terrible when you fear every shot on our goal. I suspect his ability will never show through as his confidence is shot
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:08 pm

That's the thing sis. It's just incredible that such an accomplished player has looked/been so ordinary this year. At a basic elemental level he's been so technically poor. It's like they got an outfielder who had never kept before to play.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:15 pm

dazby wrote:That's the thing sis. It's just incredible that such an accomplished player has looked/been so ordinary this year. At a basic elemental level he's been so technically poor. It's like they got an outfielder who had never kept before to play.

Talking wiggle shit again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:18 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:Wayne Clarke,Stuart Lee,Bobby Shinton.
. . . sorry if I'm giving anyone nightmares

At least Stuart went on to be a fine comedian off the pitch as well as on it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dazby » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:32 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:That's the thing sis. It's just incredible that such an accomplished player has looked/been so ordinary this year. At a basic elemental level he's been so technically poor. It's like they got an outfielder who had never kept before to play.

Talking wiggle shit again.

With nothing to back up why. As per usual.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I am probably the only City fan in the world that wants Bravo to do well and kick start his City career. I think the majority now want him gone but I would love him to prove everyone wrong. Iv seen him play at the highest level and know that he has the capacity to be a top keeper. I just think he needs something positive to happen to be the catalyst for that.

I have seen what everyone else has seen and just can't get my head round his form. Really mind boggling stuff. I know i stand here alone but I do hope something happens with him that transforms him to the keeper I know he is as I feel he is brilliant for our build up play.

As for the worst City player ever, not even sure he makes the top 10. I saw Immel and Tracy play in goal for us and they were pretty shocking. Iv also seen Bony in a City shirt alongside the likes of Ged Brannon and Buster Phillips. I guess it's all about opinions.

Immel was shit, obviously, but miles better than Bravo. How many games did Simon Tracey actually play for us? Two? One of them being 5-0 derby obviously but you couldn't judge him by one game. And Martin Phillips looked fucking fantastic when he first came in. He was terrible after that but Bravo hasn't had even that going for him.

Of course everyone would love for Bravo to turn it around but what's the point of waiting? He is 34 and even if he turns it around has max two years at the top. Pointless. Either bring back Joe or get true world class keeper.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I am probably the only City fan in the world that wants Bravo to do well and kick start his City career. I think the majority now want him gone but I would love him to prove everyone wrong. Iv seen him play at the highest level and know that he has the capacity to be a top keeper. I just think he needs something positive to happen to be the catalyst for that.

Immel was shit, obviously, but miles better than Bravo. How many games did Simon Tracey actually play for us? Two? One of them being 5-0 derby obviously but you couldn't judge him by one game. And Martin Phillips looked fucking fantastic when he first came in. He was terrible after that but Bravo hasn't had even that going for him.

Of course everyone would love for Bravo to turn it around but what's the point of waiting? He is 34 and even if he turns it around has max two years at the top. Pointless. Either bring back Joe or get true world class keeper.

I guess it's about opinions but Immel is next ever a better keeper than Bravo. Prime Bravo pisses on prime Immel. Sadly it doesn't appear we will see a prime Bravo. Before he came to city he was very very good, fuck knows what has happened to make him so poor.
Sister of fu

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Last night, just out of curiosity, I went onto one of the forums for Southampton fans, purely to see what they made of the game.

When the score went to 3-0, one comment was words to the effect of 'wish we could at least score, every other team has found no difficulty in putting any number past Bravo'.

I think he's now regarded as a joke by all and sundry, so is it no surprise that many of us despair when we see his name on the team sheet; no matter how unfair that might be ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Last night, just out of curiosity, I went onto one of the forums for Southampton fans, purely to see what they made of the game.

When the score went to 3-0, one comment was words to the effect of 'wish we could at least score, every other team has found no difficulty in putting any number past Bravo'.

I think he's now regarded as a joke by all and sundry, so is it no surprise that many of us despair when we see his name on the team sheet; no matter how unfair that might be ??

That's the thing, everyone knows he is shite by now. I get tons of questions from supporters of other clubs why he is still starting for us. To be fair, I think only people still sticking up for him ARE couple of City supporters.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Anyone listen to the city podcast where they have said that Bravos baby has been very sick since August. She has only just been given the all clear. She's just turned one. Anyone in any walk of life or job had that in the back ground would be affected. Maybe some slack needs to be cut. Fingers crossed if she has been given the all clear he can improve on his form.
Sister of fu

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Anyone listen to the city podcast where they have said that Bravos baby has been very sick since August. She has only just been given the all clear. She's just turned one. Anyone in any walk of life or job had that in the back ground would be affected. Maybe some slack needs to be cut. Fingers crossed if she has been given the all clear he can improve on his form.

No way must Claudio Bravo be allowed to try and hold his poor baby , the consequences .......... well there is every chance it would slip through his hands ?

just sayin !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:04 pm

City64 wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Anyone listen to the city podcast where they have said that Bravos baby has been very sick since August. She has only just been given the all clear. She's just turned one. Anyone in any walk of life or job had that in the back ground would be affected. Maybe some slack needs to be cut. Fingers crossed if she has been given the all clear he can improve on his form.

No way must Claudio Bravo be allowed to try and hold his poor baby , the consequences .......... well there is every chance it would slip through his hands ?

just sayin !

Well if he does drop it , he certainly wont be going long with his kick.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Very fair point. There is more to life then football and that goes for players as well as fans
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:

just sayin !

Well if he does drop it , he certainly wont be going long with his kick.

Toddler prob a better goalie than his dad already :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:19 am

Have you got a link to the podcast SoF?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:29 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

No idea how to post links so your better looking for it yourself. It's the inside City podcast. I listen to it via sound cloud on my phone.
Sister of fu

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:38 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

No idea how to post links so your better looking for it yourself. It's the inside City podcast. I listen to it via sound cloud on my phone.

Cheers, will check it out.

Found it, thanks.

https://player.fm/series/inside-manches ... -episode-6
Last edited by Foreverinbluedreams on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Socrates » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:40 am

No, but that could explain how he looked so different in the last game, his demeanour was completely opposite of before. He looked a much happier chap. Hmm. Thanks for the food for thought.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:19 am

That surely has affected him no doubt must be awful for any father that. Personally I still think he lacks quality (presence) to be a top keeper in UK but we will see. Possibly. He first needs to cut all the basic errors tho. I also do not hide the fact despite this new info I still want him gone on first plane when the transfer window opens

Also, even more reason to question Pep why he has played him. Not sure if he knew but if he did why play a keeper whose mind is elsewhere
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum