bravo - the worst city player ever?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: bravo - the worst city player ever?

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:06 pm

surely this thread will have cheered him up.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Socrates wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Anyone listen to the city podcast where they have said that Bravos baby has been very sick since August. She has only just been given the all clear. She's just turned one. Anyone in any walk of life or job had that in the back ground would be affected. Maybe some slack needs to be cut. Fingers crossed if she has been given the all clear he can improve on his form.

No, but that could explain how he looked so different in the last game, his demeanour was completely opposite of before. He looked a much happier chap. Hmm. Thanks for the food for thought.

Good call Socs.

On the back of this, it now feels a bit shameful to have been critical of him and perhaps we ought, in all fairness, cut him a bit of slack.

Irrespective of anything else though, the poor bloke has got a mountain to climb to re-establish his credibility and reputation as a good 'keeper but, nonetheless, good luck to him.

If his level of performance duly improves, it can only be to City's benefit.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:37 pm

I lost my grandparents and my world caved in - I still maintained a professional stance in my line of work and did what I was paid to do.

Call me a callous bastard but Its a fuckign poor excuse justifying the shit performances hes dished out over a fuckign season.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Don't think anyone's excusing anything Carl, just a plea to cut him a bit of slack in the circumstances.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:23 pm

And no offense to you or your grandparents, but i think losing a child is worse.

And actually losing someone means closure and possibility to move on. With your kid fighting a life threatening disease, i imagine that your mind can't shut off and that you're always busy with it.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:09 pm

mr_nool wrote:And no offense to you or your grandparents, but i think losing a child is worse.

And actually losing someone means closure and possibility to move on. With your kid fighting a life threatening disease, i imagine that your mind can't shut off and that you're always busy with it.

They didnt just fuckign die on the spot Nools.....it was cancer and I knew from the start of it , which was a year !!!

And if his mind couldn't shut off then he shouldn't have fuckign played then.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:05 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:And no offense to you or your grandparents, but i think losing a child is worse.

They didnt just fuckign die on the spot Nools.....it was cancer and I knew from the start of it , which was a year !!!

And if his mind couldn't shut off then he shouldn't have fuckign played then.

Sorry to hear mate - I'm going through the same with my gramps right now. Still he's close to 90 with a full life behind him – not one with the whole world in front of him
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I lost my grandparents and my world caved in - I still maintained a professional stance in my line of work and did what I was paid to do.

Call me a callous bastard but Its a fuckign poor excuse justifying the shit performances hes dished out over a fuckign season.

Reading above about his kid is awful and it's bit poor that blues jeer him AT the game. I slag him alot between games, but he can't hear me.

Also wanted to comment on the above as i lost my dad and best mate last month, I'm 28, suddenly and went back to work after a few days. In work i fake smiles and everyone thinks I'm fine. Every night this week I've nearly smashed my flat up, turned psychotic and am pushing my gf away. My commitment to my job hasn't changed, nor has my performance. However when I'm doing all i can on certain projects and you get someone who is shooting everyone in the foot I'm close to just blowing up.

Football is different to business politics though.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I lost my grandparents and my world caved in - I still maintained a professional stance in my line of work and did what I was paid to do.

Well said Carl , all he has to do is save the fucking ball and if his head is that fucked why have Pep and co allowed him near the first team ???? Doesn't rub with me , I went through a truly life changing divorce and still had to go to work everyday and do my professional best every minute of every working day and at no time I can remember let any cunt down especially my three kids !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:11 pm

City64 wrote:

Well said Carl , all he has to do is save the fucking ball and if his head is that fucked why have Pep and co allowed him near the first team ???? Doesn't rub with me , I went through a truly life changing divorce and still had to go to work everyday and do my professional best every minute of every working day and at no time I can remember let any cunt down especially my three kids !

What do you want a bleedin' medal ?

i grew up in a cardboard box....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:22 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:

Unlucky ! what do want sympathy ? fucking grow some !

ps can you save a ball for 100K a week ??? :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 pm

City64 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:

you bet , one fcuking handed :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:43 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:

you bet , one fcuking handed :lol:

Like ! 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Socrates » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:00 am

You seriously cannot equate a sick child battling for life with losing grandparents or even parents. He clearly was turning up for work and making an effort but his underlying confidence was fragile. Being paid large sums of money doesn't give you superhero powers either. Seriously people, get a fucking grip. Let's see if he can start to turn things around. Goater did, maybe he will too. I am hopeful rather than expectant.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:02 am

Socrates wrote:You seriously cannot equate a sick child battling for life with losing grandparents or even parents. He clearly was turning up for work and making an effort but his underlying confidence was fragile. Being paid large sums of money doesn't give you superhero powers either. Seriously people, get a fucking grip. Let's see if he can start to turn things around. Goater did, maybe he will too. I am hopeful rather than expectant.

Well that's told us then...

Thank you Mr fuckign Shrink of the year.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:30 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Socrates wrote:You seriously cannot equate a sick child battling for life with losing grandparents or even parents. He clearly was turning up for work and making an effort but his underlying confidence was fragile. Being paid large sums of money doesn't give you superhero powers either. Seriously people, get a fucking grip. Let's see if he can start to turn things around. Goater did, maybe he will too. I am hopeful rather than expectant.

Well that's told us then...

Thank you Mr fuckign Shrink of the year.

Indeed.

As the thread goes on my sympathy Wains. He 'works' what 9-3pm max ? Best care in place Round the clock and has to focus 90 mins a week. It's not like he's having to juggle training with trying to sort probate etc...
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby mr_nool » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:47 am

This thread is almost as bad as the one where Ashton claimed that depression wasn't an illness and that people suffering from it should just man up.

Everyone handles grief and worrying in their own way, and the size of your paycheck has nothing to with it.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:40 pm

mr_nool wrote:This thread is almost as bad as the one where Ashton claimed that depression wasn't an illness and that people suffering from it should just man up.

Everyone handles grief and worrying in their own way, and the size of your paycheck has nothing to with it.

Nools - HE SHOULDN'T HAVE FUCKIGN PLAYED THEN.

That's the point.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:This thread is almost as bad as the one where Ashton claimed that depression wasn't an illness and that people suffering from it should just man up.

Nools - HE SHOULDN'T HAVE FUCKIGN PLAYED THEN.

That's the point.

That i agree with and I/we have no way of knowing if it's affected his game or not. It could also be that he's just been shite. However, playing him when either not in form or not having his head in the right place because of his kid, is Pep's shortcoming, not Bravo's.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:That surely has affected him no doubt must be awful for any father that. Personally I still think he lacks quality (presence) to be a top keeper in UK but we will see. Possibly. He first needs to cut all the basic errors tho. I also do not hide the fact despite this new info I still want him gone on first plane when the transfer window opens

Also, even more reason to question Pep why he has played him. Not sure if he knew but if he did why play a keeper whose mind is elsewhere

I'd second all of this, and add a question: If his child had fallen sick a few weeks earlier, would the transfer have gone through? Surely something like this should be factored into any potential transfer, especially for such a critical position, for which we already had an adequate player.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum