so Everton can ban

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

so Everton can ban

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:31 pm

So Everton can ban the sun and all of its hacks but the hacks can say what they want against city and we do not ban the fuckers,
if others can do it WHY carnt us because they write garbage about us and we just take it up the arse. They come to city and feed the fat gobs with free lunch and drinks and then write shit about some of our players AND WE DONT DO FUCK ALL ABOUT IT, ITS ABOUT TIME WE STOOD UP FOR OUR SELFS
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Re: so Everton can ban

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:42 pm

I can only think that it must be due to some corporate ethos bollocks. It does stink, though.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:45 pm

I have a feeling that if the sun don't sack him then scouse 1 will announce a similar ban especially after their mayor has called for his head. If that doesn't do the trick other clubs might also follow suit.

Our problem is not just the sun it's pretty much all of them so wouldn't be practical and the sheik wouldnt allow it imo
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Dameerto » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I can only think that it must be due to some corporate ethos bollocks. It does stink, though.

I think the club's stance is that we play the good guys (like Sagna telling the truth about his instagram post, or the club putting on a spread on match days for the same hacks that treat us like dirt) and hope that the country eventually comes around to our point of view. Admirable in a way but frustrating at times.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I can only think that it must be due to some corporate ethos bollocks. It does stink, though.

The tradition is that the professional classes look after each other but it doesn't make much sense with the 'journalists' these days, if indeed it ever did.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:45 pm

The Sun trying to distance themselves from that turd MacKenzie yet his article was published in the paper and...

Alongside the article, The Sun published adjoining pictures of Barkley and a gorilla on their website with the caption "Could Everton's Ross Barkley represent the missing link between man and beast?" The picture was later removed.

The Sun has apparently suspended him because he's done such wrong. So how does that work? What ethical code are they using?

NEVER pay anything to Murdoch's scummy shite.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Spurge » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:49 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:So Everton can ban the sun and all of its hacks but the hacks can say what they want against city and we do not ban the fuckers,
if others can do it WHY carnt us because they write garbage about us and we just take it up the arse. They come to city and feed the fat gobs with free lunch and drinks and then write shit about some of our players AND WE DONT DO FUCK ALL ABOUT IT, ITS ABOUT TIME WE STOOD UP FOR OUR SELFS

Much happier of we ignore anything thrown in our direction from the gutter press. To respond or engage in anyway gives them publicity. Contempt is best.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:05 pm

Spurge wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:So Everton can ban the sun and all of its hacks but the hacks can say what they want against city and we do not ban the fuckers,

Much happier of we ignore anything thrown in our direction from the gutter press. To respond or engage in anyway gives them publicity. Contempt is best.

You may well be right about not openly and publicly responding to the gutter press, as it might just feed them further ammunition but there's nothing to stop us, whilst previously saying nothing to the parties concerned, quietly stopping entry of any targeted 'journalists' from entering our premises at any time, as required.

We just tell them they're not on our visitor entry list, all the while giving no reason for this. In other words, we could have great fun playing "silly beggars".
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:32 pm

I don't agree with our let's be nice
And everything will come around approach
Fukin ban em they are writing shit anyway
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Spurge » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:07 pm

carolina-blue wrote:I don't agree with our let's be nice
And everything will come around approach
Fukin ban em they are writing shit anyway

It's not about being nice though is it. If we respond by banning them it gives them some publicity which they will welcome - any news is good news. Ignoring them treats them with contempt and is the right response in keeping with our culture - class
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Don't know why we let any 'journalists' in. Judging by the reports they write, they never actually watch the game anyway.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:58 pm

I think reporters should pay for their tickets.

They are paid to write something that in turn should help their rag turn a profit .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby patrickblue » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:49 pm

The f**king sun should have been strangled at birth.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby MikeReis » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:40 pm

First time poster here.
I'm wondering if anyone here remembers Keegan banning the sun from City press conferences after they had printed a splash page the day after Marc Vivien Foe died with a close up picture of him unconscious on the pitch?
I assume the ban must have been lifted at some point after Keegan left.

I was living abroad at the time and think I'd heard about it in a Danish newspaper... However I could have it wrong, as no one seems to remember it happening, and I can't find it mentioned in any searches....
MikeReis
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby City64 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:11 pm

MikeReis wrote:First time poster here.
I'm wondering if anyone here remembers Keegan banning the sun from City press conferences after they had printed a splash page the day after Marc Vivien Foe died with a close up picture of him unconscious on the pitch?

I was living abroad at the time and think I'd heard about it in a Danish newspaper... However I could have it wrong, as no one seems to remember it happening, and I can't find it mentioned in any searches....

Good post and welcome ! yes I remember this I think the then very pro rag MuEN even kicked off about the situation .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:28 pm

MikeReis wrote:First time poster here.

Welcome on board Mike.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:26 pm

There is a bit of difference between what the gutter slime McKenzie wrote and the sun printed and us getting slagged off for buying a few players.

Banning journalists is generally a slippery slope, however, in this case, Everton were right to tell them where to stick their toilet paper. It's not something I'd want us to start doing though, although only certain journalists would ever get behind the scenes and to interview players.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum