Favour for a friend.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Favour for a friend.

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:22 pm

This is her request so if anyone can help then she will be made up !

Ok all You Manchester City Fans I need your help. My Uncle John Ferns was a scout for Manchester City in the 1960's and 70's, he signed quite a few players including Colin Bell and Tommy Booth, I used to have a city program in which Man City paid tribute to him when he died. but I sent it to his Grand kids in America, I think it was April 1976, if any one has this copy can u contact me it would be very much appreciated. if you don't want to sell it then maybe you could copy the page for me... thanks
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Re: Favour for a friend.

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:14 pm

I can check my dad's old programmes mate but not sure when I'll get chance
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:18 pm

Nick wrote:I can check my dad's old programmes mate but not sure when I'll get chance

Thanks!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:40 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:This is her request so if anyone can help then she will be made up !

Ok all You Manchester City Fans I need your help. My Uncle John Ferns was a scout for Manchester City in the 1960's and 70's, he signed quite a few players including Colin Bell and Tommy Booth, I used to have a city program in which Man City paid tribute to him when he died. but I sent it to his Grand kids in America, I think it was April 1976, if any one has this copy can u contact me it would be very much appreciated. if you don't want to sell it then maybe you could copy the page for me... thanks

Profuse apologies for being pedantic and no offence intended Carl, but we signed Colin Bell from Bury for £45,000. He wasn't a youth team signing.

However, with regard to your request, I wonder if the Club, in it's archives, keeps copies of old progammes at all. If you have no joy in your request on this forum, it might be worthwhile contacting the Club's admin section to see if they can assist.

Just a thought.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:36 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:This is her request so if anyone can help then she will be made up !

Profuse apologies for being pedantic and no offence intended Carl, but we signed Colin Bell from Bury for £45,000. He wasn't a youth team signing.

Scouts were also regularly used to watch/keep tabs on senior players in the days before televised/recorded matches.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

However, with regard to your request, I wonder if the Club, in it's archives, keeps copies of old progammes at all. If you have no joy in your request on this forum, it might be worthwhile contacting the Club's admin section to see if they can assist.

He was instrumental in the signing of Bell amongst others, as most scouts were back in the day.
If old bastards like John68 )) dont have a copy then Ill suggest she does exactly that.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Paul68 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Just a thought.

Profuse apologies for being pedantic and no offence intended MC - but exactly where did CFTG say anything about youth team signing? :)
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:47 pm

jimmygrimble2 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Just a thought.

Profuse apologies for being pedantic and no offence intended MC - but exactly where did CFTG say anything about youth team signing? :)

I just read it that way JG but, having re-read it, I can see what you're saying and you might be right, which makes me look like a proper pilchard.

Thanks to you and further apologies to Carl. For myself - a mental note to think further before I type.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
jimmygrimble2 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Just a thought.

I just read it that way JG but, having re-read it, I can see what you're saying and you might be right, which makes me look like a proper pilchard.

Thanks to you and further apologies to Carl. For myself - a mental note to think further before I type.

No need for apologies MC - if I had to apologize for some of the immediate reactionary posts I reply to ,I'd be here till the year 2020 ! ))
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:08 pm

A long shot, but have you tried sites like ebay and such?

I bought a game programme from 1992 on Ebay a while back
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:14 pm

PeterParker wrote:A long shot, but have you tried sites like ebay and such?

I bought a game programme from 1992 on Ebay a while back

I'll advise her mate
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:09 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
jimmygrimble2 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Just a thought.

Otherwise Carl will swear at you won't he JL ??? :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:26 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
jimmygrimble2 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Just a thought.

Otherwise Carl will swear at you won't he JL ??? :lol:[/quote

He's not on the site mate , he's still busy organizing a Mary White House happy clappy party
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Surely that's White with a capital 'S' ? ^^^
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:36 pm

zuricity wrote:Surely that's White with a capital 'S' ? ^^^

That's the one.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum