Youth Cup Final Tonight 7-45pm

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Youth Cup Final Tonight 7-45pm

Postby Justified logic » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Muric is Swiss but of Balkan origin, yes? Should be pronounced as Murich, no? Not Maurice?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:22 pm

So...

Who has household name Danny Higginbotham been sleeping with...
Last edited by Justified logic on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justified logic

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Justified logic wrote:Muric is Swiss but of Balkan origin, yes? Should be pronounced as Murich, no? Not Maurice?

some people call him the space cowboy
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Bluedj » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm

I want to see Bolton on. Got s feeling he'll play in the second tie
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Best refereeing performance I've seen in a City match all season!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Justified logic » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Muric is Swiss but of Balkan origin, yes? Should be pronounced as Murich, no? Not Maurice?

some people call him the space cowboy

Joker
Justified logic

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Enjoyed that. Some cracking players in our youth team
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 pm

I'd be interested to hear the opinions of those at the game when they return.
You get s better overall picture of the action when you're there.

I found that frustrating for a number of reasons. I think mostly because this is the first time in the youth cup finals against Chelsea, that I genuinely think we have s team to put it up to them.
I think we missed s chance to take a lead to their place.
They are still the benchmark as a team. They are strong, skillful and very well drilled. They make better individual decisions and work better as s collective.

However, I think we have a team there that can really do this if they work like we know they can.

I thought Foden getting forward always looked the most likely to do something.
Davenport dropping back and cutting out a lot in front of defence made us more stable and I thought he had a great second half.

I was disappointed in both Diaz and Sancho second half. Diaz holds it too long and overplays simple stuff. Very frustrating when you saw what he is capable of doing with one pass, in the first half.
Sancho was far too nonchalant when he mispassed or lost the ball. I didn't see much tracking back but I could be doing him a disservice.

Nmecha looked dangerous first half but went the same route of overdoing it and losing the ball second half.

It's a pity because I really thought we could score again after the equaliser. We just didn't trouble them around their box enough.

Will Latibeaudierre be back for the second leg. I think the strength of Diallo in the middle with possibly Dele-Bashiru may be needed, but who would you drop.
Like I said. I thought Davenport covered really well second half.

I think we have the personnel to beat them. We just need to be on our game. Tonight I thought we stood off and gave them too much time.

Prediction: 1-3 for City next week. Nmecha hatrick.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I'd be interested to hear the opinions of those at the game when they return.
You get s better overall picture of the action when you're there.

I found that frustrating for a number of reasons. I think mostly because this is the first time in the youth cup finals against Chelsea, that I genuinely think we have s team to put it up to them.
I think we missed s chance to take a lead to their place.
They are still the benchmark as a team. They are strong, skillful and very well drilled. They make better individual decisions and work better as s collective.

However, I think we have a team there that can really do this if they work like we know they can.

I thought Foden getting forward always looked the most likely to do something.
Davenport dropping back and cutting out a lot in front of defence made us more stable and I thought he had a great second half.

I was disappointed in both Diaz and Sancho second half. Diaz holds it too long and overplays simple stuff. Very frustrating when you saw what he is capable of doing with one pass, in the first half.
Sancho was far too nonchalant when he mispassed or lost the ball. I didn't see much tracking back but I could be doing him a disservice.

Nmecha looked dangerous first half but went the same route of overdoing it and losing the ball second half.

It's a pity because I really thought we could score again after the equaliser. We just didn't trouble them around their box enough.

Will Latibeaudierre be back for the second leg. I think the strength of Diallo in the middle with possibly Dele-Bashiru may be needed, but who would you drop.
Like I said. I thought Davenport covered really well second half.

I think we have the personnel to beat them. We just need to be on our game. Tonight I thought we stood off and gave them too much time.

Prediction: 1-3 for City next week. Nmecha hatrick.

Good post. I agree.

In addition I thought we were noticably stronger towards the final 20. We missed a real opportunity to capitalise.

Our striker, what's his name, had a mare today.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:49 pm

I recorded the game but will watch it with interest tomorrow. No doubt at all Chelsea are a top class side and it showed in that first half. To an extent I thought they gave us a lesson in pass and move football. They caused us plenty of problems and maybe overplayed a bit so they only scored one. Was it that Chelsea were that good or were we just off the pace?

A bit of both I reckon but Foden in midfield and Sancho were both really struggling to get into the game. Sancho's head went down a little I felt as he was up against a real good defensive athlete and whever he tried to get free he came across 2 or 3 more.

Having said that we had 2 or 3 gilt edged chances with a couple of superb through balls from Diaz.The way Nmecha has been finishing recently it was a surprise he missed the best of them.

Second half I felt we instantly came out with more determination. Not that we took the game over but I think Carsley had got into them and we were pressing better and looking like Chelsea weren't going to have it easy anymore. The equaliser came from good pressing, Smith getting a foot in, a quick pass from Sancho and a great surging run from Foden to score.

Chelsea still posed real problems as they are good and of course physically they were way way bigger and stronger than us but we didn't give them as much space and time so fully deserved the draw imo.

I hear criticism of Diaz and yes some is warranted as he held onto the ball a few times when he should have passed but as ever he was a threat and it was his play in the first half breaking free and making killer passes that should have brought goals. His game is very much abouy raking people on and creating chances and havoc in the opposing defence. I am sure he is encouraged to do just that and hopefully his timing in releasing the ball will get even better. Nmecha the same. He loves to try and work space for a shot on goal , and why not with his goalscoring record, but again there are times when a pass is on as he draws defenders into him.

The effort put in throughout the team was immense. I was pleased to see Sancho get his head up in the 2nd half and put a better stint in. I reckon Carsley will have had words and it seemed to work.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 pm

Chelsea were physically stronger and better organised. The referee let a lot of fouls go. We had individual players who could be more skilful but we often got isolated, or outmuscled and gave away possession too easily.

We had several gilt edged chances but showed a lack of composure. The lads need to have more belief and confidence . Hopefully we can put on a better team display at their place.

The big positive for me was our goalie, who was much better than theirs, maybe he can be the difference in the second leg?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:01 am

Good to go to Stamford bridge all square. I believe 18 of the 22 starters are eligible to play for England.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby patrickblue » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:55 am

Plain Speaking wrote:Chelsea were physically stronger and better organised. The referee let a lot of fouls go. We had individual players who could be more skilful but we often got isolated, or outmuscled and gave away possession too easily.

We had several gilt edged chances but showed a lack of composure. The lads need to have more belief and confidence . Hopefully we can put on a better team display at their place.

The big positive for me was our goalie, who was much better than theirs, maybe he can be the difference in the second leg?

Exactly the way I saw it.
If we get a ref who pulls up a bit more of the physicality it will be a different game next time round.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum