MotM v Arsenal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Bravo
2%
Navas
8%
Company
4%
Otamendi
6%
Clichy
No votes
Toure
74%
Fernandinho
No votes
Silva
No votes
De Bruyne
8%
Sane
No votes
Aguero
No votes
The subs
No votes

Total votes : 53

MotM v Arsenal

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm not going to denigrate the team today as i think the referee once again decided the match. We played well the first half but as mentioned, the Arse got confident knowing they could do whatever they wanted and only a perfect goal would see us through.

Piss poor officiating again, always in favour of teams we play, but at least they gave it their all.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: MotM v Arsenal

Postby mr_nool » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I'm not going to denigrate the team today as i think the referee once again decided the match. We played well the first half but as mentioned, the Arse got confident knowing they could do whatever they wanted and only a perfect goal would see us through.

Piss poor officiating again, always in favour of teams we play, but at least they gave it their all.

And still we had one on the post and one on the bar in the second half. It seem like higher powers than the FA are against us ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby mr_nool » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:37 pm

And Yaya for me by the way. Stepped up to the plate when Merlin went off.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:55 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I'm not going to denigrate the team today as i think the referee once again decided the match. We played well the first half but as mentioned, the Arse got confident knowing they could do whatever they wanted and only a perfect goal would see us through.

And still we had one on the post and one on the bar in the second half. It seem like higher powers than the FA are against us ...

Yes, but they are the ones that you accept in the course of the game. The other decisions were just agenda driven cheating.

Not too worried about the result, we just have to take it up the arse as the club don't seem mithered, why should we. When the common man walks away because they are sick to death of this corrupt game, the club will be OK, as they'll be plenty of tourists to fill the seats.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby aaron bond » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Yaya was MOTM today.

Always looking for the ball and the most likely to get the winner for us (or equaliser after they got back into it).
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Yes, but they are the ones that you accept in the course of the game. The other decisions were just agenda driven cheating.

Not too worried about the result, we just have to take it up the arse as the club don't seem mithered, why should we. When the common man walks away because they are sick to death of this corrupt game, the club will be OK, as they'll be plenty of tourists to fill the seats.

They're very close in losing one tourist in me. This site and the people I've met through it is a big reason as to why I'm still bothering. Otherwise I'd probably only watch armature and youth football right now.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Thought Yaya played well until his legs went, as expected. Silva going off probably ended his chance f coming off after 70 mins.

But for me, it was Navas. Out of position, no support & left exposed by Sterling constantly, expected to provide the overlap for 2 hours. Could have done better for the goal, but so could a lot of players
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bluedj » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Disappointing day thanks to the FA

Went for Yaya as he ran his arse of wanting the ball for 120minutes

I thought Fern1 Vinny and Otter all had good games. KDB has some purple patches in the match, shame the pitch was so slow

Clichy and Navas are not my favourites but both worked hard but just not end product going forward

Disappointed with Leroy, Yaya ran harder and Sterling did nothing to mention all game

I hope the boys can pick themselves up against the scum on Thursday
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Yaya for me. The most effort I've seen him put in this season
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Yaya.

Big shout to Kompany also. He was solid again.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Between Yaya and the Otter for me. Though KDB had a good game too.
Despite spending half my time on here defending Navas, I thought he had a bad game today, surprised to see a couple of votes for him.
Went for Otter in the end as he needs a bit of love.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Thought Yaya played well until his legs went, as expected. Silva going off probably ended his chance f coming off after 70 mins.

But for me, it was Navas. Out of position, no support & left exposed by Sterling constantly, expected to provide the overlap for 2 hours. Could have done better for the goal, but so could a lot of players

How odd. As I just said, I spend half my time on here defending Navas, who's been brilliant in our last three games, but I thought he had an off day today.
Strange how people see things differently.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:46 pm

Yaya excellent today.
Very unlucky not to score.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:48 pm

Yaya. But it's a sad indictment on the team that he was the driving force for the guts of 2 hours.

The ref was very good....... not for us, but I have to say he got his job done.
I always felt that with it being the Emirates FA cup, we were going to be up against it.
Obvious, that they would prefer The Arse in the final.

Pretty sickening really, but I'm actually feeling numb to it all. Football is becoming a joke.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:55 pm

mr_nool wrote:And Yaya for me by the way. Stepped up to the plate when Merlin went off.

I thought Yaya was amazing for a spell later in the game.It was as if he had decided enough is enough, if nobody else is going to do it here I come. But a bit earlier than that I had said we need Yaya to do a bit more. I thought he was doing ok sitting and helping control the game but he wasn't imposing himself as he can do with incisive work in or closer to the final third
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:49 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Yaya. But it's a sad indictment on the team that he was the driving force for the guts of 2 hours.

I always felt that with it being the Emirates FA cup, we were going to be up against it.

Pretty sickening really, but I'm actually feeling numb to it all. Football is becoming a joke.

Are you suggesting that the paymasters of the FA cup may prefer to not have a rival middle East airline sponsoring a team in the final? That's a disgraceful slur on an exemplary association who only have the best intent for football at all levels.

Go sit in the corner until you realise how naughty you've been. I mean, next you'll be suggesting UEFA may have some sort of agenda. Or that the chief executive of the premier league suggesting that one particular team not doing well was bad for business was perhaps against the principals of sport and put unfair pressure on the referees said business pays.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:27 am

nottsblue wrote:Yaya for me. The most effort I've seen him put in this season

As much for trying shine some attention on the officiating after the game as for the effort he put in during the match. Thanks for trying.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:36 am

Dameerto wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Yaya for me. The most effort I've seen him put in this season

As much for trying shine some attention on the officiating after the game as for the effort he put in during the match. Thanks for trying.

Good call D.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:32 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Yaya. But it's a sad indictment on the team that he was the driving force for the guts of 2 hours.

That one didn't enter my head until you mentioned it, but it would be like Pepsi in the Coca Cola cup.

Don't think you're far off the mark there.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum