Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am

Bringing Bavo in has turned out to be a mistake. Playing him yesterday wasn't as he had a good game and was not remotley at fault for either goal. Move on.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Bringing Bavo in has turned out to be a mistake. Playing him yesterday wasn't as he had a good game and was not remotley at fault for either goal. Move on.

In your opinion.

Who can argue if it would have been different if Willy was in ? we will never know will we !!

Now you can move on.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:11 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Bringing Bavo in has turned out to be a mistake. Playing him yesterday wasn't as he had a good game and was not remotley at fault for either goal. Move on.

In your opinion.

Who can argue if it would have been different if Willy was in ? we will never know will we !!

Now you can move on.

hahaha you can argue blacks white as only your opinion counts anyway. Good world to live in :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:14 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

In your opinion.

Now you can move on.

hahaha you can argue blacks white as only your opinion counts anyway. Good world to live in :)

I've lost count of the amount of times you finish your responses to posts with a '' Move on '' like you have the final say on closure to points raised.!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:14 am

Bravo didn't save either goal when both were saveable , we just keep on giving away soft goals with our defensive issues under pep . Both gunners goals were collective defensive fuck ups yet again and yet again this and utter shite / bent officiating .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:16 am

City64 wrote:

Bravo didn't save either goal when both were saveable , we just keep on giving away soft goals with our defensive issues under pep . Both gunners goals were collective defensive fuck ups yet again and yet again this and utter shite / bent officiating .

I think the oracle wants us all to move on mate.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:28 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:

Oracle as in Jonny Vegas ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:29 am

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:

Oracle as in Jonny Vegas ?

That's the one !!!!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:30 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:

pmsl
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:37 am

City64 wrote:

So Bravo was at fault !! I stand corrected.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:38 am

Bravo statistics for us are truly shocking.

He is the only goal keeper I know that exhibits pretty much no anticipatory behaviour. Just permanently routed to his line, never sticks out a leg, or a hand. Unless the Ball is hit directly at Bravo it is usually results in a goal.Those are the facts.

Arsenal first goal came as the result of a cross, why not watch the trajectory of the Ball, and anticipate where it is gong to land, instead of just standing on your line like a fucking Traffic Cone.

Arsenal 3 shots on target,2 goals, Bravo statistics say, any opposition shooting at our goal is likely to score. You can’t argue with that. They are in black and white.

Also the Ball he kicked directly in to touch gave the throw in that resulted in a goal. So much for his Super Ball retention.

Being described as Teachers Pet by some fans.

Not many managers would have chosen Juliet in net, over Big Willy with our last chance of silverware at stake.Many managers would have gone with Willy just for the fact it might go to penalties.

We mere mortals will never fully be able to comprehend Pep supreme mental intellect.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:56 am

City64 wrote:

You said playing him in yesterdays match wasnt a mistake - Im saying it was. Two goals went in from 3 SHOTS.( If the other shot went to the right or left of him it would also have been a goal.

Willy has played a million times better than Bravo throughout the season - so yes , it was a fuckign mistake playing Bravo before him, and its debatable whether or not he would have saved either shot....he probably would have done with one of them.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 am

zabbadabbado wrote:Bravo statistics for us are truly shocking.

He is the only goal keeper I know that exhibits pretty much no anticipatory behaviour. Just permanently routed to his line, never sticks out a leg, or a hand. Unless the Ball is hit directly at Bravo it is usually results in a goal.Those are the facts.

Arsenal first goal came as the result of a cross, why not watch the trajectory of the Ball, and anticipate where it is gong to land, instead of just standing on your line like a fucking Traffic Cone.

Arsenal 3 shots on target,2 goals, Bravo statistics say, any opposition shooting at our goal is likely to score. You can’t argue with that. They are in black and white.

Also the Ball he kicked directly in to touch gave the throw in that resulted in a goal. So much for his Super Ball retention.

Being described as Teachers Pet by some fans.

Not many managers would have chosen Juliet in net, over Big Willy with our last chance of silverware at stake.Many managers would have gone with Willy just for the fact it might go to penalties.

We mere mortals will never fully be able to comprehend Pep supreme mental intellect.

Spot on Zabba !
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:01 pm

City64 wrote:

lol you're best off leaving it. They'll see what they want to see.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
City64 wrote:

We obviously dont see dead people.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
roblues wrote:I'm reading tons of shit about Pep's style and how it dcould'oesn't work in England, but without a single fucking suggestion of what it is he should be doing differently. (Blah blah he gets paid millions - well, read on). People are looking back fondly on Pellegrini, because rather than being 'stubborn' he would smile and be 'charming' - the fact that Pep dares to have a plan, stick to it and talk about it makes him 'arrogant', but criticizing him without any insight into alternatives is simply fans being 'realistic'. Reminds me of living in working class northern England and having the temerity to aspire to something.

The thing that kills me about today is that, yes, he probably should have made substitutions earlier, and he should probably get some criticism for it, but I'm loathe to offer these criticisms as it feeds those of you who have been taking notes on his flaws since day one and are now putting this out there as the straw that broke the camel's back, when in reality we were a couple of bad decisions and a few poor finishes away from success, today and this season.

Tons of suggestions have been made.
He needs to reform concept of spacial awareness in his precious system to suit English football. In no other league on the planet will you get counter attacks as fast as in Premier League.
He needs to completely rethink his use of fullbacks. Centerbacks can't really cover for two fullbacks at a time
He needs to get over himself as far as his treatment of players that don't suit his system goes. We could've used Joe this season, there was no need to start questioning striker who is about to score 30+goals this season just because he didn't immediately fit the system, he has questioned Vinny, player universally loved, while he was injured which I can guarantee hasn't gone down well with some players, when we clearly lack spirit sitting our most spirited player on the bench while he plays someone completely out of position at his place is insulting to the player.

I could go on all day.

While some rag cunts will come and try to divide Blues truth is no one has really asked for Pep's head. However there is massive work for him to do in order for us to get competitive for next season. Worrying bit? HE ISN'T ADJUSTING AT ALL. All the millions in the world will not turn this/his team into winners unless he is willing to adapt himself. There are LOT of great components in his system but he really needs to adjust it to new environment. So far he ha stubbornly refused to do so.

For me none of this has anything to do with Pellegrini other than maybe use him as a measure of improvement.

Just out of interest NQDP, do you watch much football outside of the PL?

Good question.

I would say I spend perhaps 20 hours a week playing, watching, coaching and recently refereeing (again after a long while) football. I hold two season tickets, players license, coaching license and referees license (albeit currently for only U12 football). So I would say I watch my share of football from very different angles during every week. Though I'm most certainly not a professional.

How about you? Do you watch lot of football outside of Premier League?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:21 pm

roblues wrote:I'm reading tons of shit about Pep's style and how it dcould'oesn't work in England, but without a single fucking suggestion of what it is he should be doing differently. (Blah blah he gets paid millions - well, read on). People are looking back fondly on Pellegrini, because rather than being 'stubborn' he would smile and be 'charming' - the fact that Pep dares to have a plan, stick to it and talk about it makes him 'arrogant', but criticizing him without any insight into alternatives is simply fans being 'realistic'. Reminds me of living in working class northern England and having the temerity to aspire to something.

The thing that kills me about today is that, yes, he probably should have made substitutions earlier, and he should probably get some criticism for it, but I'm loathe to offer these criticisms as it feeds those of you who have been taking notes on his flaws since day one and are now putting this out there as the straw that broke the camel's back, when in reality we were a couple of bad decisions and a few poor finishes away from success, today and this season.

He needs to reform concept of spacial awareness in his precious system to suit English football. In no other league on the planet will you get counter attacks as fast as in Premier League.
He needs to completely rethink his use of fullbacks. Centerbacks can't really cover for two fullbacks at a time
He needs to get over himself as far as his treatment of players that don't suit his system goes. We could've used Joe this season, there was no need to start questioning striker who is about to score 30+goals this season just because he didn't immediately fit the system, he has questioned Vinny, player universally loved, while he was injured which I can guarantee hasn't gone down well with some players, when we clearly lack spirit sitting our most spirited player on the bench while he plays someone completely out of position at his place is insulting to the player.

I could go on all day.

While some rag cunts will come and try to divide Blues truth is no one has really asked for Pep's head. However there is massive work for him to do in order for us to get competitive for next season. Worrying bit? HE ISN'T ADJUSTING AT ALL. All the millions in the world will not turn this/his team into winners unless he is willing to adapt himself. There are LOT of great components in his system but he really needs to adjust it to new environment. So far he ha stubbornly refused to do so.

For me none of this has anything to do with Pellegrini other than maybe use him as a measure of improvement.

Good question.

I would say I spend perhaps 20 hours a week playing, watching, coaching and recently refereeing (again after a long while) football. I hold two season tickets, players license, coaching license and referees license (albeit currently for only U12 football). So I would say I watch my share of football from very different angles during every week. Though I'm most certainly not a professional.

You should definitely post more....you slack bastard.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:30 pm

City64 wrote:

How can anyone argue that playing Bravo is not a mistake. Willy is shit and has performed x10 better than him. He's been dropped for no apparent reason than to shoehorn Bravo back in. Bravo at City is not working, surely pep has to shoulder that blame?

I don't understand how that is debatable.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:32 pm

I could go on all day.

Good question.

Watching quite a bit of La Liga this season, when I had ESPN I watched a lot of German football.

The reason I ask is your assertion that no other league has counter attacks as fast as in England, for me German football has plenty of teams that are devastating on the counter, every bit as fast as in England.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Want to know the difference between me and you nqdp?

I'd day it to your face. And there's absolutely no way in hell you ever would.

Fucking bitch.

Oh, keyboard warrior. Keep up the good work kiddo. You think I'm like that Phips feller who you keep requesting (via PM like a "man who would say it to your face" lol) to be banned who you can schoolyard bully on fucking internet? Well you are badly mistaken.

Now go celebrate City loss again with your roy keane loving "true mancunian" Irish friends as you always do.

Now now, you're getting excited.
Please stop with the Irish bating... you come from possibly the most insignificant country on the planet.

And you're sooooo depressing.

As I said, the difference between me and you is the fact that you'd never say it to my face.
I know because I've talked to people that have met you before and they've said you're a weasel.

Now pipe down again please.

Yeah, I've heard of you as well from people who have met you. Apparently one of the founding members of Guvnors. They told me you have been featured on one of the Danny Dyer shows. He was buzzing about you being one of the roughest guys he has ever met. I also heard you hold Irish record for middle school after school fight wins. Apparently the Leonardo DiCaprios role on Gangs of New York was largely based on you. I think you are mentioned on several House of Pain songs as a great inspiration.

Difference between me and you is that I'm a grown man with grown mans responsibilities whereas you have adopted this persona from Guy Ritchie films you try to act out on Internet.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum